Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carmella a Wizard?

There have been a few phrases that I thought might mean something:
    • Kit said something in HW or WD (can't remember which) about what would happen if his sisters were wizards,
    • Carmella seems to be really good at learning new languages. Isn't that a wizardly triat?
    • Caemella ordered the eggbeater thing-a-ma-bob in A Wizard Alone. Maybe she could some how read something written in the speech on the screen.

This is probably just a stupid idea, but in a freaky way it kind of makes sence.

*~*FireWitch*~*
    Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; January 17, 2009, 11:45:58 AM. Reason: html cleanup
    A physics geek
    And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

No, that's been pretty much refuted, I think, by the books- in, um, Dilemma, I think it is, kit thinks along the lines of "Fortunately, Carmela was too old even for late-onset wizardry-" This, of course, could be famous last words, but I don't think so. Still.. it would be funny
    Ka Kite
    Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
    Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
    Chocolate lover extraordinaire... mmmmyummmm
    IT'S SUMMER!! WOOHOO!
    My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

< kit thinks along the lines of "Fortunately, Carmela was too old even for late-onset wizardry-">

Wait I thought that quote was in reference to his older sister, Helena (?) ? The one whose away at collge. and treats his wizardy like it doesn't exsist. I also think I remember Kit thinking he was almost afraid of Carmela becoming another Dairine *snicker*.

I think it's very possible for Carmela to be another one...it runs in families.

Elizabeth
      "You come in here, you die. Then you will be fired. RR"- from one of my new favorite fics, "What a Tangled Web We Weaver" by Merrymime.

"Demon spawn but love the accent."- Birdhead, re: Ronan.

Comment

It SOMETIMES runs in families. Somewhere i think it mentioned famous circles of sibling wizars, but I'm not sure... I don't know about Carmela vs Helena, but I'm pretty sure that it was Carmela... however, I don't have the book (Come to think, I'm not even sure which book it is, so...) Anybody who owns Dilemma, and possibly Alone, want to come help us bookless ones?
        Ka Kite
        Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
        IT'S SUMMER!! WOOHOO!

Comment

This quote does apply to Helena, not Carmela and is from Dilemma (near the beginning of the chapter Friday Night): The entire quote is:

"Still, Kit kept an eye on her [Carmela], and always put his manual away where she couldn't find it; the thought of her turning into an older version of Dairine terrified him. Still, wizardry finds its way. If it's gonna happen, there's no way I can stop it. His older sister, Helena, seemed safe from this fate, being too old for even late-onset wizardry."

I remember the quote about sibling wizards (it may also be from DilemmaDilemma, I just have one out from the library currently.

Non doctrinam, sed perspicuitatem quaero.
          Omnia disce, videbis postea nihil esse superfluum.

Comment

Ah, OK- actually, put like that, it does sound a little like foreshadowing.... hmmmm.... We'll find out, I guess.
            Ka kite
            Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
            IT'S SUMMER!! WOOHOO!

Comment

Wow. Now that I've seen the quote up there, I think your right... Carmela becoming a wizard is possible. She seems to accept wizardry and that quote was definitly forshadowing... maybe this is linked to the egg beater... hmm.. that would be pretty cool!

-------------------------------------------We will all pass away from this world.
              Knowing this, how can you hate?
              Some things are improbable. Nothing is impossible.

Comment

I knew that I wasn't crazy!!!!!!!

*~*FireWitch*~*
                A physics geek
                And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

Do you mean that she's a wizard already or she might become one?

*Ella*
                  "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."
                  --George W. Bush
                  *Ella*
                  "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                  There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                  And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                  What could mean more than this?"
                  --Bright Eyes

Comment

I think that the people disscusseing the topic think Carmella might become a wizard in future books EWizard.
                    I personally would feel sorry for Kit if she did poor Kit already has enough to deal with his sister becomeing a wizard too might push him off the deep end!!

*Nita*

A Truth that's told with bad Intent, Beats all the lies you can invent
                    --William Blake

Comment

Yeah, it wouldn't be too good for Kit... but just think of what Carmela could do with wizardry... So many humourous possibilities!!!

Comment

Ok.
                        Yes, problems for Kit...I wonder what her Ordeal would be like?

*Ella*
                        "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."
                        --George W. Bush
                        *Ella*
                        "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                        There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                        And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                        What could mean more than this?"
                        --Bright Eyes

Comment

Carmella's Ordeal...that is an interesting topic...I wonder if it would have anything to do with Ponch...

BTW: how old is Carmella?

*~*FireWitch*~*
                          A physics geek
                          And proud of it...

Comment

I think that she might become a wizard in part because of the wizardly "leakage" at kit's house. Maybe, though I dought this, Wizards at war will be about her using her powers to play tricks on him and nita.

Comment

Hmmm.... I wonder what Will happen. Something to speculate about though. A very interesting prospect although I not sure how I'd feel about it.

-IV-
                              -IV-
                              Ipha
                              Dai Stihò

Comment

Working...
                              X