No announcement yet.

Favorite Characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...I'm going to be blunt and say it.

My favourite is Ronan. We all know who he is right? *nodding from all*

Good, good.

I dunno. He's dark and moody. Dark and moody rocks. *imagines Angel tappping on shoulder, pointing out that Lovey's dark and moody* If she reads this post that's what she'll say...oh well...it's common knowledge by now.

Anywho. He's my favourite because I can relate to his attitude I guess. I dunno. *shrug* That's all.

Comment

*cough* The only reason I found this topic was because I was randomly looking at Lovey's posts...and I found this.

Anyways, I couldn't really choose an absolute favorite. Ponch is awesome, though.

Lovey...Yeah. What she said.
      <3
      the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

I haven't done this stuff in a long time. I have been sooooo busy.

I think my favorite character is actually Tom or Carl because they are so nice and caring, and yet they don't beat around the bush when they are giving their advice.

I do really like Ponch though. He is soooooooo funny. I always and up laughing when I read stuff about him. And you know.... He presents quite a mystery with his ability to create worlds. Plus he is so loyal to Kit, he makes me wish my pets could talk.

And... sorry mine is so long but another favorite is S'ree.She is TOTALLY awesome. I love how she was like the peace-maker between contradicting people at the song of the twelve. She had to take on a lot of responsibitily because she was so young but that did not make her act strange.
        ok and ED too. I LOVE Ed's personality (and I am not a big fan of bad guys)

sorry rambling. sehlinger

Not all that is gold glitters,
        Not all who wander are lost...
        -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

My favorite character is Kit... I dunno why, I've just always liked him, ever since the first book. I seriously don't like Ronan, he was fine until him and Nita kissed, now I just don't like him! My next favorite character has to Carmela, I not that into Japanese, but I do speak a lot of french around the house, just to confuse my dad and my sisters! She's such a fun person, I can actually really relate to her!
          ------------------------------

NITA/KIT all the way! Luv ya tons! XoXo Julie

School's out! :bouncinghappy:

Julie, that's me, just me, myself and I here in my own little world!!! :soveryconfused:

Comment

I just have to add my piece because I feel like it. lol! My favorite characters are Ponch and Nita. Ponch is the only dog I actually like because I'm seriously not a dog fan. But Ponch is really cute and funny yet also has that sort of knowing aura around him. Does that make sense?

Nita is a favorite of mine just baecause I like her character. I can't explain so well but I just really like the way her character started and developed through out the series. Does anyone understand what I'm rambling about? lol!
            ~--BQT--~

"Simple mind, simple pleasures..."

"I'm lost somewhere in the depths of my imagination. I've been here for about 15 years and still can't get out..."

Comment

I totally understand, it's like how i feel about Kit. He reminds me a lot of my ex-boyfriend... wow that feels weird. We're still really good friends which is why I still like Kit, lol!
              ------------------------------

NITA/KIT all the way! Luv ya tons! XoXo Julie

School's out! :bouncinghappy:

Julie, that's me, just me, myself and I here in my own little world!!! :soveryconfused:

Comment

Peach is my absolute favorite, but she's followed by (in order)

- Fred
                - Carl
                - Tom
                - the Lotus
                - Darryl
                - Kit

*looks at the list* Yeah, it's probably a bad sign that the only main character on my list is at the very bottom...
                And as I sit and talk to you, I see your face go white
                This shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light
                This spectre on my back shall soon be free
                The dead have come to claim a debt from thee
                --The Pogues--

Comment

I know it's cliche, but I like Nita the best, probably because I can relate to her. I'm quiet, had glasses, read lots, and was picked on as a kid. But I've always had a best friend, unlike Nita, who only met Kit through wizardry. I also really like Quelt...from WH? Remember? I love how she's tall...and her personality's great.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

My favorite character in the Transcendant Pig. It is just so awesome and cool. Also, it is mysterious and knows pretty much everything in the physical world. Oh, and no one knows how it came into existence.

Comment

Aside from Nita, Fred, and Kit, my favorite character would have to be Nita's Aunt Annie and her crazy cat who's name has elluded me for now. Oh! And Peach is awesome too! I love that crazy parrot who (spoiler) isn't really a parrot. Ooh, and I can't forget Ponch. I have a lot of favorite chracters and I don't appear to be alone.
                      -----------------
                      I wrestled the angels for more than a name.
                      Loyal page to Squire Garth.
                      My fantasy RP

Comment

My favourite character? It's got to be.... Prince Roshaun. It's probably because of the way he interacts with Darine, who is my second favourite. Nothing is better than the way they bounce off of each other. I also like the visual image I have of him, and his additude. I'm probably the only one who likes his additude.
                        ---
                        How cheerfully we consign ourselves to perdition...

Comment

Now now, don't jump to conclusions--you're not alone! I completely concur with the above post. So much that I might say--wow, are you sure you didn't borrow my brain (to paraphrase the wonderful shima)?

You see, that's the thing about our beloved Prince Unlikely--his attitude is so wonderfully terrible and his character so extremely flawed that you just can't help but like him. Then again, I guess it's kind of like Holden Caulfield Syndrome--you either love him or hate him (of course, you could offer the argument that Holden himself is a rather popular literary character, whereas our friend Roshaun tends to get the bad end of the YW fandom...but this is a YW forum, not a Catcher in the Rye review).

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

Originally posted by Gigo:
                            Dai stihó, cousins!

I always liked Kit the most. He's just the most interesting character IMO, and his partnership with Nita is one of my favourite things in the book. Wizardry at it's finest.
                            Agreed. Kit and Nita's relationship and wizardly partnership make them my top choice out of major characters.

As for minor characters - Peach and Carmeela (am I spelling her name right? I'm not at home with my books) outshine all others! I'm sometimes disappointed I won't see Peach as a Macaw again, but the revelation of Peach as one of the Powers that Be was a very cool plot twist.

As for Carmeela - need I say more? She's very funny, sassy and Kit's reactions to his older sister make me LOL. Fantastic character.

I give Fred an honorable mention - his naivete and wonder at planets and biological life up close was wonderfully done.

Finally I'm anticipating more from the Crossings Stationmaster's son(?) staying in the Callahan's basement. Such a well imagined alien deserves a greater role in the future. Plus I keep wondering what he'll end up eating by accident next :-)

Oh, and I love Tom and Carl's Koi!

Damn it, I can't stop...
                            Frog blast the vent core!

Comment

Originally posted by samehl:
                              I do really like Ponch though. He is soooooooo funny. I always and up laughing when I read stuff about him. And you know.... He presents quite a mystery with his ability to create worlds. Plus he is so loyal to Kit, he makes me wish my pets could talk.
                              [snip]
                              ok and ED too. I LOVE Ed's personality (and I am not a big fan of bad guys)

sorry rambling. sehlinger

Not all that is gold glitters,
                              Not all who wander are lost...
                              Ponch is amusing, isn't he? He'll do anything for his master and his mater's best friend, so long as dog biscuits are involved :-D

As for Ed - wait a minute samehl! Ed's not a bad guy! He may be a bit ambivalent at times, but he never served the LP. As Ed said, should he go about being a killer and ending pain with a heavy heart? What purpose would that serve?

Ed was kind of an anti-hero with his own priorities that ultimately coincided with the Powers' plans. His reasons for taking Nita's place in the Song of the Twelve were quite moving, I thought.
                              Frog blast the vent core!

Comment

After reading through this topic, I realised I hadn't posted... although I was sure I had.

Ok, so here goes... My favourite main character, after a bit of consideration would have to be, cliche I know, but it would have to be Nita. As a character she's a lot like I was when I was that age. My favourite around-for-one-book character would have to be Ed, because he's just so cool . My favourite, I guess you could say 'injoke' character, would have to be the Man at the Bar . Now that I know what he looks like, I can't stop giggling whenever I read it.

Alla

Comment

Working...
                                X