Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idea for future books... (Will Kit and Nita start dating?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Er, I'm sorry? Suddenly you have to be homophobic to be Christian? Or being christian automatically means you are homophobic? Without being Christian (or of any other religion), I can say straight away that many, many christians (and other religious) I know would be extremely offended by that. The Reverend Margaret Mayman, for example, the ******* minister at Saant Andrews on the Terrace.
    Sorry. This is a minor rant and, in one way, I suppose none of my business. But still.
    ... it might lead to harsh things being said, too... uhm.

EDIT: WHY is that word censored? t'was the word for someone female who is gay. *shakes head* That's a real problem.

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
    --Agent M
    Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
    Still the Typo Queen
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Oops...sorry about that. The WordWatch system sometimes overreacts. I've fixed it.

Lee / Forum Administrator
      Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

The WordWatch system sometimes overreacts
        Oh, only sometimes. Of course. Very rarely.

--Agent M
        Still the Typo Queen

Comment

PK, how does that prove anything? I mean I've had close guy friends my age who I really and truly think of as just...close friends. Sometimes I even think they are physically attractive, but I'm just not romantically interested in them. I sort of think of it as an almost brother-sister kind of realationship. Maybe that's the kind of realationship that N/K have. The short skirt thing, for example, could very well have happened if Kit was Nita's older brother!

Birdhead, not being Christian, I wouldn't know for sure what ALL Christians think about homosexuality. All the conservative Christians I know, however, think that homosexuality is a sin.

"Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline

Comment

Jen: You may have noticed I said that the relationship could go either way, and mentioned myself that some consideration of attraction is only to be expected and obviously doesn't mean they have to get together (though equally obviously it doesn't preclude it).

"How it proves anything," however, is that you claimed unilaterally that they hadn't experienced sexual attraction toward each other, and I gave some examples that indicated the consideration of a romance (rather ambivalently) and one pretty definite counterexample to your claim.

I don't really see any reasonable interpretation that doesn't involve physical attraction -- of Kit's thinking it would be nice if Nita wore shorter skirts and then having this referred to as an instance of his body "revving up" for adolescence. (And honestly, I seriously doubt this is the way he'd have thought of it if he were her brother! But then I've never been anyone's brother.)

Of course you can argue that their relationship seems to you like one that will stay platonic -- it's entirely possible that it will -- it's just that claiming a complete absence of physical attraction on both sides isn't accurate. But then it isn't necessary for your argument, either, so that's fine.

Comment

OK, I guess we can agree to disagree...sort of.
              ...I seriously doubt this is the way he'd have thought of it if her were her brother!
              Well, you know how older brothers sometimes find the fact that their sisters are turning into teenagers amusing? That seems to be Kit's attitude. Example: the scene where Kit realises that Nita is growing 'in front'.

Comment

Originally posted by jen26:
                Well, you know how older brothers sometimes find the fact that their sisters are turning into teenagers amusing? That seems to be Kit's attitude. Example: the scene where Kit realises that Nita is growing 'in front'.
                Well, speaking as an older brother . . . there's a qualitative difference between finding teenagerhood amusing, and thinking "hey, she's gotten really pretty, wish she'd wear shorter skirts."

Generally one doesn't want one's little sister to wear shorter skirts, for one thing; at least, unless one likes smacking other guys upside the head for staring, which I don't particularly.

It tends to be more finding a bit of humor in their being uncomfortable about the puberty process, in my experience, and it's something a responsible older brother (which Kit, I think, is) knocks off as soon as possible, because it isn't very nice.

Personally, I'd say Kit's reactions to Nita lately have crossed the line from brotherly to interested-partyly, but where DD is going with this particular subplot is for her to know and us to find out.

Comment

Er. And. Kit's younger than Nita. Yeah.
                  I know that's not really important, but to me it indicates that Kit's not really going to be amused at teenagerhood, because he's a teenager too.

--Agent M
                  Still the Typo Queen

Comment

I don't know; I was mostly baffled or disgusted by adolescence, but there were bits that I definitely found amusing.

Comment

*snorts* Sure.

--Agent M
                      Still the Typo Queen

Comment

Okay... I think I need to say something here. I don't like to classify myself as any religion, but I guess you could call me a Christian as I've been raised by them, but I most certainly AM NOT a homophobe. In fact, my foster brother is gay and many of my mom's closest friends that have known me since I was born are gay. Two of them just got married. A couple of my friends (in high school, not in my family) are gay. I DO NOT hold it against them.

If homosexuality is a sin, it is forgiveable. Every sin is. Sure the Bible says that homosexuals will go to hell. I've read that verse. But listed among the homosexuals are the murderers, theives, and liars. Everyone has lied at least once in their life, and to say that you haven't would just be another lie. Interpreted literally, that verse says that everyone is going to hell, which would make Christianity completely pointless. All sins can be forgiven. I don't know how anyone can say that one group of people is going to hell for the way they live.

Yes, some Christians believe that homosexuals are going to hell. I don't. My family doesn't. To classify all Christians as homophobes is absurd.

Sorry about the rant. I don't want to offend anyone, but I had to clear that up. If you were offended by anything I said, I'm very sorry in advance. I don't want to start a fight or anything.

*deep breath* Let's talk about something else, shall we? Nita and Kit pairing? No. Wouldn't work. Their friendship is way better than a romance. If anyone wants romance, then I suggest that DD bring back Ronan. But don't subject poor Kit to anything.

I'm done now. Wow. I don't usually say that much. A girl of few words, that's me. Just typing all that made me tired.

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

Curiosity mauled the cat and left it on the side of the road.

School is hell with flourescent lighting.
                        I will rejoice in the moonlight;
                        I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
                        For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

School is hell with flourescent lighting.

Comment

LOOK PEOPLE!!!! I'm Jewish, but that has nothing to do with it. kit may be younger than nita, but in our world,today, there are 13 year olds who are going out with 18 year olds. it doesn't mater what religion you are. and remember this is FICTION, anything can happen.

Comment

i agree

Razerwizard
                            Razerwizard

Comment

I agree completely with littlehorse and Nevin. Now let's all calm down and... do something contructive, like eat chocolate.

--Agent M
                              Still the Typo Queen

Comment

Tui I like that idea *pops a mini candy bar into her mouth*
                                I agree with Nevin, about the age thingie. I know a girl in my 3rd period class who is 13 and WAS going out with a guy that was AT LEAST 21, she wouldn't tell us anything more. And true anything can happen in fiction.
                                Now I need laughs *runs off to make another letter to Santa*

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
                                When you judge others you don't define them, you define yourself.
                                Anger is just one letter short of dAnger!
                                DON'T YOU DARE LOOK AT ME IN THAT TONE OF VOICE!!!
                                Silence is golden?... aw! but shouting is fun!
                                ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                                Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                                HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                                My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

Working...
                                X