Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idea for future books... (Will Kit and Nita start dating?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope that we're going to see the other wizards that they met maybe in Wizards at War.... They see S'ree again in Dilemma and they talk about it in Abroad, so I think we are going to see more of the whales. I hope they see Daryl again too, though.

~*KsSk8er*~
    Owner of Moondust
    Flying Tiger Racing queen of the World!! :grin&bounce
    Dai Stiho
    ~*KsSk8er*~
    "She leaped off the table and tore into the living room. There was a brief sound of scrabbling, and then from the living room, Kit said, "Uh, Annie, your cat just went up the chimney..."
    Dai Stiho:grin&bounce:

Comment

Yeah, I hope we see them again, and I also hope we see alittle more of the wizards from Abroad, especally Ronan. Don't ask why I just REALLY liked Ronan as a character.

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
      "Wizards do not tell white lies to make each other feel better." ~A Wizard Abroad

[This message was edited by Sam on 19 October 2003 at 9:40.]
      ~Sam (Hifun55)~
      Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
      HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
      My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

Blech blech, barf barf!! I DID NOT like Ronan, I like Kit better even if he and Nita will never be together I don't care, compare Ronan to Kit, then see if you like him so much. But I don't think he's gonna show up anymore, I mean I though he was a Power or something? I might be wrong, I haven't read Abroad for a while, I'm re reading it right now but I only just got to the part where him and Nita kiss. Double Barf!!!

*Agent~M*
        "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
        "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
        *Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

I still like him compared to Kit? I'm just used to his type I don't know why I just like him supprising myself here (don't hurt me) just a tiny bit better than Kit at the moment.
          And no he isn't a power, but he has the One's Champion (Peach) inside him, he is a decendant of the one's champion.

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
          "Wizards do not tell white lies to make each other feel better." ~A Wizard Abroad
          ~Sam (Hifun55)~
          Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
          HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
          My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

I can't help suspecting that dislike of Ronan stems from the feeling that he's new and interfering with the normal dynamic. I found Abroad rather unsettling in general the first time I read it because everything in Nita's life was being temporarily uprooted and rearranged, and yet fighting the Lone Power seemed to be completely business-as-usual after the thrill of the end of HW. But pretty much all of it has grown on me since. (Partly, I think, this is because I like it just fine as part of an ongoing series, whereas if it had been going to be the last book it would have compared rather unfavorably in that role with High Wizardry.)

But yeah, Ronan himself isn't a Power but he's a bit of a composite with one. So much for souls being strictly one to a customer in these parts? I don't see how this would prevent him from showing up again. Biddy, now, seems unlikely to show up again in her old form.

Seeing Darryl again could be fun too. I liked him.

Comment

i definintly think that ronan and darryl will (in ronans case) at least be mentioned. and in darryl's case, will become a small ongoing character in one of the upcoming books. i mean, the whole ronan thing was really left up in the air, and i think that the whole thing will be sorted out in one of the books. and i totally agree with the whales being in WAW. i also think that some of the characters in WH will be reintroduced (i will say no more on that so as not to spoil it!). maybe the WAW will have something to do with timeheart being in jepordy? like maybe LP and some friends will try attacking time heart....and the wizards have to fight to save it? i dunno, i just think that would be pretty cool. but so would the whole wizards vs. wizards thing.

"It was my turn to save you, that's all. Now I want a few weeks off..."

it's not dying for a friend that's hard...no, what's hard is finding a friend worth dying for.
              Call me Q :-)

you never know who your real friends are until the hard times come. When it isn't all happy laughs and fun. sometimes your old friends will rough it & stay. but usuall they tend to fade away. If they fade, do not fear, bcuz better fr

Comment

I dunno. I think that they would make a good couple. Nita and Kit, that is. Besides, a lot of people think that they would also. I mean, if you go to www.fanfiction.net and check out the YWS section, almost every other story is a Nita/Kit fluff story (cutesy-cutsey 'too shy to tell you' story). There are a lot of positives to it. It would add story plot, new possibilities, and they'd go to more decent reaches for each other. And if it wouldn't say, it would be a good experiment...

Comment

Uh- just to point out a slight inconsistency: jus because everyone on ffn.net posts N/K fluff (not _all_ of it's N/K fluff. Sometimes you get N/R angst. ) doesn't mean that
                  - it's a good idea
                  -that they are representative of wide opinion.

I mean, look at the Harry potter fandom and the utter nutter ships they've got there. For example... er, actually, I won't quote, but if you got to www.fictionalley.org and then go to FictionAlley Park and take a look at the ship list of the SCUSA forum (Self-contained uderwater shipping apparatus...heh.) you will find some truly, truly strange ships. So.... yeah.

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                  --Agent M
                  Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                  Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Originally posted by MoNkEyDuDe2856:I mean, if you go to http://www.fanfiction.net and check out the YWS section, almost every other story is a Nita/Kit fluff story (cutesy-cutsey 'too shy to tell you' story).
                    *feels shtoopid*

I will never *Sniff* write N/K again *sniff*.

Mizzy :-O

'Felis Catus is your taxonomic nomenclature. An endothermic qaudroped, carniverous by nature.'
                    'Felis Catus is your taxonomic nomenclature. An endothermic qaudroped, carniverous by nature.'

Comment

Kit and nita should start going out. thay are drifting apart and should get back togther. kit should kiss nita and they should go out.

Comment

Hannah: noooooo! Whatever you do, FINISH the fic fisrt. PLEASE. or ELSE. (I mean. Seriously. it's not fair.)

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                        --Agent M
                        Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Originally posted by Nevin H.:
                          Kit and nita should start going out. thay are drifting apart and should get back togther. kit should kiss nita and they should go out.
                          It being the age of feminism and all, I am sure we wouldn't mind it the other way around!!

Mizzy xx

Comment

i still think kit & nita need to go out, and i aint ching my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

ok; you're entitled to your opinion. Just for curiosity's sake: Why should N/K ever be a 'couple'? They never had sexual feelings for each other before. I think N/K's current platonic realationship is well...perfect! Do you think that all wizard couples are friends THAT way? In that case, Carl and Tom are gay. But that's a diff conversation altogether. It would be interesting if they were and further prove that DD isn't as Christian as many imagine her to be. What religion are you part of, DD? What would be fascinating is if DD IS Christian and portayed a gay couple as good people anyway.

"Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline
                              "Deceit shall have its reward." - Timeline

Comment

Jen: Actually we have rather clear indications both that Nita has thought about Kit "that way" (see much of the beginning of HW; note however that she doesn't seem to be sure herself how much having this cross her mind is a result of social pressure/suggestion, nor is she at all sure she likes the idea and is rather panicked at the idea of being somehow committed to a romance, even though she really dislikes the idea of the wizardly partnership ending) and that Kit has given thought to Nita being physically attractive (I think it was in Wizard's Dilemma that he thought Nita didn't wear skirts that short "And it's a shame!" and was rather amused at himself for it).

This is however -- as also noted at the time, if indirectly -- a pretty standard phenomenon and need not be taken as overly significant. I gave thought to whether I found high school friends attractive too, and you may have noticed Dairine's reaction to Kit on the motherboard, Dairine's initial reaction to Roshaun (in portrait, not in person), and of course (if perhaps most disconcertingly for him in retrospect ) Kit's initial reaction to Ictanike.

And, ah... DD has previously declined to detail her beliefs regarding religion on the board, but regarding her depiction of sexuality, I take it you haven't read the Tale of the Five books. (Actually I haven't gotten to them either, but at least one friend of mine has.)

I would be surprised if all wizarding partnerships end up being romantic and/or sexual in nature, though I would also be surprised if it never happened. (I speak of human wizards here. Once you get into different species... well, I'm sure you get whatever permutations work for them. *g* The cats' teamwork certainly allows for both possibilities.)

Comment

Working...
                                X