No announcement yet.

You know you read too much YW when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances are this is already here but...
    298: you post here
    299: YOu are absolutely convinced that there's no such thing as too much yw, yet still proceed to do everything on the list.
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• 300: (All right! three hundreth thingie) You say to your ex bf/gf/perhaps spouse when you pass them in the hallway/street: "Fairest and fallen, Greeting and Defiance."

301: They then proceed to bust open a can of entropy on your a--umm...alpine skiing gear. Yeah...
      ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
      +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

• 302:when you're mad at someone in the heat of the moment, you screw up your eyes and imagine sending them to a planet where they eat humanoids.

303:you pore over the books, memorizing them every night.
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

• 304: you all post so many times that its gotten to over 304 things that are signs of you reading yw to mutch

305: you have done every thing oon this list and more
          (\__/) "Be amazing"
          (+'.'+)
          (")_(")

Comment

• YES! I JUST READ THIS ENTIRE THING!!!!!!!! The Voldy jokes at the beginning had me rolling on the floor laughing. Im guilty of alot of the things mentiond.

305: You talk to your pet bird.
            307: She ansews you.
            308: Instead of saying hi/bye to your friends you say Dai.
            309: Your posting in this topic.
            310: At the begging of the school year all your friends ask you to open their locks on their lockers.
            The Answer to life the universe and everything: CREW 42!!!!!!!!
            DON'T PANIC!!!!! *two seconds later once the plan does not work* OK PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            I have a spelling problem. SYWTBAW

Comment

• 311: you read this topic enough that you actually NOTICE stuff repeating. If you're reading that much, you probably experience all this.
              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• 312: You have read yw too much when you swear up and down that you changed a rock into a cat using the Speech. Them, you commence to hold up the cat, and say "See?"

Yeah, not as funny as some of them. lol. Just felt like posting. hehe.
                "People...stop being mean to each other. Especially for the sake of laughs. IT SPEEDS UP ENTROPY." -Diane Duane

Comment

• Anywho, here are a bunch of random ones that happened to me... oops.

You know you read to much YW when...

-You check all the books out of the school library and read them non-stop.

-You acquire huge fines on these for keeping them too long.

-Many people get mad at you for keeping the books too long, they want to read them too!

-You call your friend's dog Ponch, and he looks and acts like him too! (He didn't want to talk back...)

-You decide to do a bunch of research about Ireland, just for fun because it was there.

-You say "Dai" to people, and they think you're saying "Die"...

-You name your online pet fox madreen rua.

I think that's all. Thanks to everyone who's posted here for giving me a good laugh!

Comment

• OK, this one I am sooooo guilty of! (WHat are we on, 320?)

320) You write obsessive fictios of yourself, Nita, Kit, Peach, and the Lone One and email them to your friend who is also insanely obsessed with YW.

So, yeah, I do this. They're funny, too. But, yeah, I'm that obsessed.

Drama_Queen

Comment

• 321?-- When you try to learn the speech and try to actully do magic.

322-- When you read all the books more than 5times. hehe

323: Even thinking of reading this entire thing and even posting on it!

324-- When you rant on to your friends about afterlife and timeheart..hehe

325-- Trying to make yourself move up into the air to fly. lol

326-- When your parents deicide to read the chat, and then steal the keyboard from you

Okay, i wont do any more. We have to leave some! Lol

This is funfun. I read it all. Im reading W@W for the 3rd time. I have no more books!

Tori
                      Love and be loved

Comment

• When you have a picture of Peach as your desktop, in brilliant 1600x1200 resolution.
                        Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
                        Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

• 328- You refer to the apple tree in your backyard as Liused.

329- You name several other trees names such as Telerilarch and Kimber. (SYWTBAW US paperback edition, page 45)

330- You then progress to making up your own names, such as Fritz and Grooondt, once you've used the ones in SYWTBAW.

331- You walk very carefully over their leaf patterns.

332- You realize just how pretty the leaf and pine needle patterns really are, and admire the skill and concentration it must take to create such a work of art.

I'm guilty of all of these...

Comment

• 333- You try to work a stop at Castle Matrix into a trip to Europe with a two day stop in Ireland.

334- You have the Wizard's Oath memorized and make your friends attempt to repeat it when they ask for food.

335- You insert refrences to Young Wizards in every single assignment you do. For Example: Writing a letter as a soldier in WWI as Christopher Callahan.

336- You have determined the exact date on which you first read SYWTBAW, simply because you wanted to know.

That's all for now, at least all I can think of that apply to me personally.
                            "If Time has a heart, it is because other hearts stop"-The Book of Night with Moon 9.v.IX

Comment

• Here are some more ways to annoy the LP:

"Having such a dark job must make you feel pretty down sometimes. I know just what you need-- a sugar high! Here you go, have some chocolate. It's a new bar of Valhrona Caraibe...etc.etc

'I know something you don't... I know something you don't...'

Oh, I know. Everything in this room is edible... even you and me.. but that my child is called cannibalism and is frowned upon in most societies... wait... does that mean you're edible?

Sorry, not very funny... just wanted to post something

Comment

Working...
                              X