No announcement yet.

Fiction Writers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the Stanley reference, previous to your story were several non-story posts. In one of which, entitled 'My Guitar' was this: "Stanley is kinda like a Doxen... but MUCH bigger, and heavier, but just as long." That is what I was referring to.

Comment

Oh.... Hmm... I wonder who Stanley is? I can't remember.... hmm... Yeah, I know I spelled Dachsund wrong, but I couldn't remeber the correct spelling.
      Btw: I transfered my story to FictionPress, Sam showed it to me. It gives you rights to your story, so if anyone else wants to put there story somewhere on the net, that's a good place to put it. But the storys not gonna show up till tomorrow morning... lol. No one's gonna check it till tomorrow if ever.... lol.
      www.fictionpress.com
      If it shows up if any of you guys check it, just click search and look for SafinaM. Someone had already used AgentM... grr...

[This message was edited by marniebrown1 on 19 March 2004 at 19:51.]

[This message was edited by marniebrown1 on 19 March 2004 at 19:52.]

[This message was edited by marniebrown1 on 19 March 2004 at 19:53.]

[This message was edited by marniebrown1 on 19 March 2004 at 20:17.]
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

I'm currently on ffn:

http://www.fanfiction.net/~Mizzy

If you wade through the trash, there might even be a couple of YW fics in there *slaps own hand "naughty naughty"*

(DD does compare us fic writers to cockroaches, right?)

LittleOwlxx
        'Felis Catus is your taxonomic nomenclature. An endothermic qaudroped, carniverous by nature.'

Comment

I post all YW fanfics at www.fanfiction.net/yayalulu www.geocities.com/yayalulu@sbcglobal.netwww.wiztrain.avidgamers.com If anyone's interested in helping it should be really fun. What would happen if all of our parents who are worried about magic gained up on us? What if we were having to take refuge at Hogwarts? what if in the midst of all of this the lone power and Voldermort met?! Should be great, pleasee read my stuff. Sorry I am hyper.

Comment

Sorry that didn't quite work. Those are seperate hyperlinks. I'm not that happy with A Wizards Flood right now, but On My HOnor is going great.

Comment

Re: cockroaches: Actually, I think it was "those little scurrying things that all scatter under the fridge when you turn the lights on..." for some reason, I got "mice" from that XD

...but really, it's strange. I notice authors and other such owners of intellectual property like characters and worlds and whatnot tend to mind fanfiction more than fanart... in fact, some authors who'd sue a ficcer would even appreciate an artist. Which I, being both, find slightly scary, somehow XD. (Maybe because all authors can write, but not all authors can draw? I dunno...)

...so, how would they react to a fan-comiccer? XD...

Comment

I think we should all be proud to be called cockroaches, personally. After all, you can chop off their heads and they'll still live- sort of like H/H shippers. Or you can starve them for yonks- just like us waiting for the next excerpt. (just kidding) They're incredibly difficult to squash- again, just like H/H shippers... you can poison them and they'll survive (and any comparision I could draw here wouldn't be as good as the ones that you think of).

Ficcers: Proud to be cockroaches!

EDIT: Okay, I've read several months' worth of archives (fortunately not boring ones.. plus I found the Carmela/Ronan snippet, which I'd been meaning to hunt for. S'all good.) and I found the post. :O Here's the pertinent quote:

"Yet you can't stop people thinking about it...or writing about it. Truthfully, it's kind of like going into a Manhattan kitchen where there is as yet no gecko living under the fridge. You turn the lights on, and Things scurry away under the cupboards and into every crevice. You can try to stomp on all the ones you see. But they're fast, and clever at hiding. Then you turn the light off and go away, and out they come again and get back to doing what they were doing before you turned on the lights. They don't care that you pay the rent on the kitchen. They're there to party. Only dragging in the exterminators will stop them. But (chopping the metaphor off) do I really want to do that? Is it, perhaps, something of an overreaction?...

The nature of present reality would seem to indicate that there's some other, more affable, more enjoyable, possibly more mature way to deal with the situation. I'm considering one or two. We'll see how it all works out. .."

Exterminators? Do we really deserve that?

*considers* Actually, considering all the angst out there, maybe we do. Angst annoys me enough as a ficcer and reader- how much worse would it be?
                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent M:

[This message was edited by marniebrown1 on 19 March 2004 at 19:51.]

[This message was edited by marniebrown1 on 19 March 2004 at 19:52.]

[This message was edited by marniebrown1 on 19 March 2004 at 19:53.]

[This message was edited by marniebrown1 on 19 March 2004 at 20:17.]
                  Now that is just plain weird.

I don't write fanfic. I mean, I think about it, but I never sit down and write it, mostly because I just don't want to reuse the characters. I see that all I really want is for the real author to write more on them, and that if I write it, then it's just fake.

Of course, there was that one time when I rewrote animorphs... Just a bit.

Comment

I do that too Rysade! Including re-writing animorphs, but I never acutally wrote it down.
                    Not all authors thinks of fanficcers as bugs; J.K. Rowling says she loves people to write HP fan fic. She finds it flattering.

Comment

Working...
                    X