No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's so funny Pops! You should have the south park one on your avie. I would do that but I don't have flash player on my avie and I don't know how to install it. *Frowns*
    I got a bike so I don't have to walk to school! *iz happy*
    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• omg, I have missed so much it isn't even funny. Ugh, I have to get my hair cut so I will be back later and try and catch up. Omg, since school started everyone started posting more! Is this some weird thing yall do? I am still a newbie so I am not used to old ways.
      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      **Neets**
      CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• I am not the happiest person in the world right now. *glowers* I just got an 81. On notes! Who in their right mind would grade 15 pages of notes for a ton of students? Notes! My notes! They weren't neat enough. Since when do we need notes graded? If you fail on the test because you can't read your notes, that's your problem, not the teacher's! And my notes are perfectly legible. *sniffs*

Anyways. How my friend's bike fell in the well...I have no idea. That's just what she told me.
        <3
        the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• my school has teachers that grade notes too; it's a pain. you have to set it up their way or lose points. we even have one teacher who makes you keep a binder and have everything in perfect order; if even one thing is out of order at the end of the quarter, you lose points. i don't like that teacher- she is a neat freak.
          i'm mad at my teachers too. my algebra teacher says, 'here is an assignment, i won't really show you how to do it, just figure it out yourself.' now, that would be fine for easier maths, but not algebra III! ergh! i just want to chuck my calculator at him sometimes!
          on a happier note, my friend's b-day is tomorrow & i'm making her a necklace. i love making necklaces, funfun! now, if only i can find some spacer beads...ok, bye-bye!
          Member of the Tumbleweeds of the World Foundation. Beware the Tumbleweed Stampede! :bouncegrin:
          "Where shall wisdom be found, and where is the place of understanding? If I knew, I'd walk over and stand there." Roger Zelazny

Comment

• Grading notes??? And I used to think title pages were bad! I mean, my teachers abuse my handwriting, but only because they have to mark my essays (poor darlings) and want me to be very aware that "You will lose marks at the end of the year if they can't read your writing!" Grading notes is just... dumb, essentially.

*shakes head*
            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• My internet connection wasn't working yesterday after school. Which means I'm two days behind VGDawn now. Grrrr.

I have school in a few moments.

I came home from karate yesterday. Normally I feel great and like a lot of my stress was gone. But yesterday I felt like crying. I can't take all of what's going on. Not at karate, but what's going on everywhere else for me.

Yeah, I read Tui's comments and about slapped myself. *snort* I forgot about Malfoy...

Remis/Tonks is just wrong.

gtg
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I'm in school right now. 1st period Digital Graphics, 45 minutes on the internet. Woot!
                Gack. Grading notes. My English teacher--who is absolutely evil and whose classroom feels like Antarctica--grades our planners. Nyaaaaaaaaaan!
                I lurk. It's what I do.
                "Always put off until tomorrow what you can do today."

Comment

• *huggles Gryph* It's okay, Gryph, whatever is wrong will pass soon enough and you will be fine.

I was finaly able to come in before school and post on VGDawn.. and no one posted!! Errr! Well, I went ahead and posted anyways. Im in school to, Hog. And all my teachers have it feeling like antartica in there room! It drives me crazy. It always want's to make me fall asleep..

They grade notes?! Thats crazy! My teachers dont grade notes. But my math teaher took off 3 points from my journal thingy because I put to much commas. hehe. In math class too.

Well, I had best be off. I am not really sure I am allowed to do this at school. The computer teacher hasen't said anything yet. Well, hope yall have a good day, ppls. I will post later when I get home.
                  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                  **Neets**
                  CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• Is this an USA thing?? Grading Notes!! What will they think of next?? Notes are for the student to use to revise and remeber lessons! Why grade them? hmmmmmm.. oh! notes making is important so maybe they grade them to make sure your writing your notes right! Hope everyone is fine!! I made a wonderful discovery, if you turn off your laptop/computer and go out this rectangle at the front/back of your house there is something called 'the outdoors!' and 'the sky'. hahahahahahah I've been out three days on the trot! walking the dog in the wonderful warm sun and nice warm mild wind! its been great
                    Fox
                    God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• What happens if you're like me and rely on a good memory, rather than making notes all the time?
                      "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• Wilf:
                        What happens if you're like me and rely on a good memory, rather than making notes all the time?
                        Maybe they extract your brain, put it in a jar and grade that?
                        Fox:
                        I made a wonderful discovery, if you turn off your laptop/computer and go out this rectangle at the front/back of your house there is something called 'the outdoors!' and 'the sky'.
                        Is that just in Peterborough, or everywhere?

Actually, if I go to the shops I went to yesterday, it's about a 10-minute stroll alongside a river, which is nostalgic - used to go into the town centre with my sister and mother alongside that same river in 1970.
                        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• School was okay today. My binder is really organized. Amazing. Amazing for me, that is. What I've been doing is either writing my notes on blank sheets in my binder or I've been writing notes in the last section of my three subject notebook. Then I've been tearing out the pages (or in the binder's case, I've been opening the clips first) and I've been putting them in the subject's part of the notebook.

I'm still only just getting used to the weird schedule. Lesse, I was late for a class because I went to another a lot of times.

Oh, and my mind is on a lot of other things at one time, so if my entire post makes no sense (that is... sentences don't connect or words are seriously killed) there's my reason.

Next DD chat is September 25th. Should we do a chat party this Saturday? It's 9/11.

I don't see how you can grade notes... Or why even. My science teacher would just count the number of pages in my notebook. I'd also put homework in my notebook, so she'd have a funny number sometimes. *shrugs* As long as I had as much as she wanted, I got 100.

Hey Hogasha! I haven't seen you before, but it looks like you've been around longer than I have...

You lost points because of commas... in math class? I have a problem with people taking off points for commas period, but math class? Math class!? Eep.

Fox: Or possibly to check to see that you ARE taking notes.

Wilf:
                          What happens if you're like me and rely on a good memory, rather than making notes all the time?
                          Heh. Usually if I have the option of not taking notes, I don't. I can remember things. Some things, at least. Not history, and not Spanish. If your memory fails you, then you fail too.
                          Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Grading notes? That's crazy. I remember in primary school the teachers used to do that to monitor our handwriting, but it was still crazy. Now teachers don't care if you take notes or not. its great. I have a really good memory, so half the time i don't bother to take the notes.

gotta go, maths study to do! trig trig and more trig!

Comment

• Our teachers grade your notes on whether they can read them or not. (That's basically it on note grading and it's only in Science in 'primary' or grade school.)

Wow. Spanish is the easiest thing for me to remember. I love to learn languages. My goal is to become fluent in spanish. Next Japanese and kanji. I'm working on kanji right now but it's really hard to learn because I don't know main words like a and the.

Today was really fun and I don't know why. The boy who sits in front of me kept giving me candy...in health class. Then I'd throw the 3rd piece of candy back at his head and go..."eat a moderate level of sugar." (It was an answer on our health assignment.)
                              Another boy said I looked like a dog because I had a collar on, *points to black spikey choker around neck* He was just kidding though. I said I liked dogs way more than persian kittens...(Tom has an obsession with persian kittens) *winks at gryphon "WOOF!"*
                              penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Gryph: So know the emotional feeling thing. Sorta been having the same problem.... *sigh* It does go away after a while.... and then comes back. Need to kick some butt or something..

ROFLOL! Oh guys.. the notes thing was just hilarious! Especially you PM.... I am still laughing.. Had to take a 5 minute break to recover.
                                -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                                The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                                I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

Working...
                                X