No announcement yet.

The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I forgot to add Ian mckellen is an absolute great actor.his skills dont seem to be affected any by the way he lives his life.he is just as normal as any other person

Comment

• Tui is Birdhead's name, Wizardfool. Welcome to the site!

Homosexuality isn't a choice! A person can change their sexuality about as well as they can change their gender.

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

• Yeah. It's not a sin if you do it on accident. Also, Ella, I totally agree. It's like, "Well, if Jesus WAS gay, he's not my savior anymore!" Also, WF, (wizardfool) God allows adultery. He allows lying. But sexuality you cannot change. Adultery is your choice. Lying is your choice. But your sexuality? But if I'm correct, none of the Ten Commandments (which basically, in Christianism, ARE the basic laws) say that you cannot marry someone of the same gender. There are other countries where they do that--homosexual marriages. And watch Braveheart--all these gays but up with a lot--the guy's own father killed his partner because he didn't want his son to be gay. Homosexuals put up with so much...I don't think we should add any more prejudice to that.

brokencello
        the crinkled paper bag
        "Life isn't like the movies, Toto."
        --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
        brokencello
        the crinkled paper bag
        "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Aurora, you might want to change that.... I think I heard of some new science treatment where you do change your gender. *shudders* Now THAT is sick and wrong. *shudders*

*Agent~M*
          "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
          "In the Cookies of life, your friends are the chocolate chips" -Sam
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

• [randomize topic]
            Not to interrupt the discussion about nature vs. nurture, but I am a little nervous (on an unrelated subject.) I just asked for information about getting into graduate school. I've decided, after being out of school for a loooong time, I'm going to try to go back and get my MLIS degree. I heard back almost immediately from the school I contacted; classes I can take are open this spring, so I need to hurry up and get into the program NOW. The speed at which all this is happening is a little scary; it's a big step for me.

(MLIS= Master of Library and Information Science)

"Librarians are the secret masters of the universe. They control information. Don't ever **** one off." -- Spider Robinson
            [/randomize topic]

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
            "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• How big a gap are you leaving? My Mum recently did a (part-time) MA, and she finfihsed hee first degree around ten years before I was born! So, I do not think you need worry too much.

On the libarian matter: have you read any of the Discworld books? If so, you'll know the three rules of the Libarians of Space and Time...

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation
              "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• I got my bachelor's degree in 1989 -- almost 15 years ago. I'm going to go down to the local community college to register. They (the CC) offer a distance learning degree for my college, but I don't know if I'm supposed to register at the community college, or at the college proper, or any of the information I need to provide. Still, I guess actually talking to someone about it would be a good first step.

Comment

• Yeah, I agree. But congratulations! That's a wonderful idea, and even if it feels really big, it's great that you're doing it!
                  Also--about the previous discussion--sex changes do now exist in our world--sounds disgusting, but for someone who wasn't happy as a woman or a man....

brokencello
                  the crinkled paper bag
                  brokencello
                  the crinkled paper bag
                  "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Congrats Meteorite! That seems cool!
                    No, being gay isn't a choice, but we are born into a world of sin. For being born we've sinned, because we are decendants of the 'Eternal Sins' like the people trying to build a stairway to heaven, and the people puting Jesus to death. And even as far back as Adam and Eve eating the apple's. Being born isn't a choice either now is it? But it is a sin because we are born of siners, born of siners, all the way back. But Jesus died so that those sins would be foregiven and we now are cleansed after every sin we comit (even being gay) as long as we belive in the eternal life and the eternal God. But see if Jesus NEVER commited a sin (he was born of a virgin so him being born doesn't count) then he COULD NOT HAVE BEEN GAY! BC, even though it isn't in the Ten Comandments, it IS in the Bible and the Bible is the word. The comandments are the basics the main things, but the word IS the history of the world, the God, sin, everything. It says what you are and aren't to do. Not just the bacis 10, but all of it. I can type the verse that says that homosexuality is a sin. Would you like that?
                    But I really would love for a change of subject, for it seems that everyone here doesn't understand this Christian girl's doings. It seems that they are agints Sam's beliefs and it makes Sam sad, so if you don't believe you have chosen your path, and it seems there is nothing Sam can say to change that so can't we just drop it? Sam doesn't like hearing this kind of stuff.

~Sam (Hifun55) and Dog~
                    When you judge others you don't define them, you define yourself.
                    READ MY Live Journal!PLEAZ?
                    DON'T YOU DARE LOOK AT ME IN THAT TONE OF VOICE!!!
                    Silence is golden?... aw! but shouting is fun!
                    ~Sam (Hifun55)~
                    Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
                    HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
                    My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

• Does changing your gender change what you like? Because, say.... if you were a chick and liked other chicks, and became a guy, you'd just become straight...

I was actually making a point with the line, Agent M... I knoe that gender changes ARE possible, I was only saying that the only way to change your sexuality was to change your gender, not that it was impossible.

I'm agnostic. There are some things I believe, and others I don't....I fully intend to stay agnostic as well. I just don't like it when people attempt to convert me.

Comment

• Aurie--if you're gay, a gender change would make you straight, yes.
                        Sam--Ok, I don't need to see that Bible verse because the Bible also said slavery was ok, and if God was so righteous, he wouldn't think it was ok. I don't agree with everything in the Bible, and I don't see how being born is a sin. Can someone explain how I have sinned by coming into this world?

brokencello
                        the crinkled paper bag
                        brokencello
                        the crinkled paper bag

Comment

• Can someone explain how I have sinned by coming into this world?
                          Allow me to assist. *sorts through the old, dusty files in her brain accumulated during her school career* Ah, yes. That's it. Original sin. According to theologians, when Adam and Eve sinned, they were condemned. That damnation was passed down through the generations so that even while you are a baby in your mother's womb, you are a sinner.

Do I believe this? No. Everyone is their own person. No one should be held accountable for something they didn't do. Especially if they don't have the wits to know they did something wrong, like infants.

Which brings me to somthing I find rather interesting. Why doesn't Jesus's birth count? Just because he was born of a virgin doesn't make him an exception to original sin. After all, Mary was a human being, subjected to original sin. How does he escape it? Are you saying sex is a sin? That mystifies me.

Also, Sam, I understand that this goes against your beliefs. I'm sorry if anything I've said has offended you. It was not my intention. I think we should continue this discussion in another topic so Sam doesn't have to read it and be sad. Afterall, differences set aside, Sam is our friend, right?

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

Curiosity mauled the cat and left it on the side of the road.

School is hell with flourescent lighting.
                          I will rejoice in the moonlight;
                          I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
                          For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

School is hell with flourescent lighting.

Comment

• Sam should not meet one of my friends from another forum, because he thinks Christian hunting should be an olympic sport...

Frankly, I don't believe being born is a sin. Being human is not wrong and sinful.

(flat out stated paganism)

Comment

• Hunting out Christians should be an olympic sport? I've decided I'm not really any religion anymore, but still....
                              And I don't think being born is a sin, if you weren't born, there would be no people, does that mean there should be no people?

*Agent~M*
                              "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
                              "In the Cookies of life, your friends are the chocolate chips" -Sam
                              *Agent~M*
                              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                              "I could live

Comment

• That's eerie (Christian hunting). M, I think it's important to have a faith, even if it isn't what your parents, friends, or peers are. Even if it isn't a classified faith, I always think you should believe in something.
                                Ok-one thing.
                                Mary supposedly never sinned. BUT--her mother Anne was not a virgin. So if original sin is true, Mary would have sinned by being born--therefore contradicting itself.

brokencello
                                the crinkled paper bag
                                brokencello
                                the crinkled paper bag

Comment

Working...
                                X