No announcement yet.

Twilight Movie Discussion (Spoilers!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm.. I didn't feel like making a new thread for this topic. But did anyone see Robert Pattison on the Oscars last night??

I squealed. I knew I shouldn't have, but I did. Haha. He presented the romantic movies of 2008 and there were clips of Twilight on there. And then he was sitting near Mickey Rourke and when they were describing his accomplishments (Mickey's) Robert Pattison was seen sitting diagonally behind him. It was like awesome!! He SO looked like Edward Cullen in that shot it wasn't even funny. Haha. Okay. That's all I wanted to bring up.

Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
    Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
    It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
    Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

Bump!!

BUMP DE DUMP. Okay...

TWILIGHT THE DVD IS COMING OUT IN LIKE 3 HOURS!!!

Haha. I'm so excited. I'm going to Wal-Mart at like 10:30 so I can be like one of the first people to get the DVD. I can't wait!! Ah. I feel so ridiculous right now but I don't care. I just want my DVD. Haha.

Who else is getting one?!?!?!
      Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
      It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.

Comment

I plan on getting it Sunday (if I can still find a copy). I'd go get it tomorrow, but I'm sick right now and should rest. Sunday I have to go to work anyways, so I figure I'll pick it up while I'm already at the mall.

Since this is my first time posting in this forum, I'll just say that overall, I loved the movie. However, I was really disappointed that they left out the blood typing scene, I had been really looking forward to that scene. (I saw it three times in theaters.)

Comment

I thought the movie was pretty good. But then, when I saw it, I was prepared.
          How was I prepared you might ask? That is a good question, and the answer is one that everyone who goes to see a book-to-script movie should remember.
          It won't be the same. There is only so much they can do in an hour and a half. Twilight was about 500 pages long. They have to cut things out. What's important is that they include the major plot scenes and stick to the plot as much as possible (unlike the horrible Disney versions of the amazing T*Witches books... ugh! and Eragon to some extent).
          So I kept that in mind and felt that it was a good movie. It can never compare to the experience that you get when you read the books, but it was still good. Even my 16 year old brother liked it. He looks forward to the next movie (he called werewolves before I even told him), yet has no intention of reading the books.
          A few things did bug me, like Edward's overuse of shimmer lotion instead of Sparkling. And Rosalie. I thought she was pretty enough, but she looked too made up, and I didn't like her hair at all. I imagined her hair as gorgeous shiny blonde hair, and I felt she looked a little trashy and had roots and split ends (which I'm sure she didn't, but it just looked stiff and hairsprayed and not.. not bouncy and beautiful, like in a hair commercial)
          Also, I like the actress who played Victoria, I can't remember her name, but I felt her hair should have been brighter red. Bella thinks that Victoria's hair is fire on the water, and while pretty, her hair wasn't nearly that bright.
          So my complaints mostly are just make up and stuff.

Oh, and I too wish they had the questioning between them, because their relationship went fast in the book, but the movie just made it seem to go lightspeed. So that is one complaint about the script but whatever.

Comment

I bought the DVD from Target... It came with lots of fun stuff! A free iPod compatible copy of the movie, and all of the special features from the DVD, in iPod format. It's amazing... I'm enjoying this. Those special features include a music video remix of "Bella's Lullaby;" which I think is really pretty. Haha... So I'll go listen to that now...

Twilight was okay, I thought. Edward's sparkling wasn't exactly how I'd pictured it, but I think it was good enough. In chapter 13 of Twilight, it describes as looking like "Diamonds were implanted in his skin" which was almost how they made him look.

Of all of the characters, I think the one they portrayed best was Jessica. Or perhaps Alice and Jasper. They got their hair almost perfect, in my opinion. And Jasper always looking like he was in pain... haahaha...
            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Maybe... Most definintely. Edward was pretty much breaking a hundred different rules in one go. But then, with Bella around...

overall, the movie bored me. Not because it wasn't good - just because it was the SAME. They didn't add anything new, really, they didn't take much out (Though you might be right about missing something without the thought process) and anyone who knew the book could tell you exactly what was going to happen next.
              I like them sticking to the book - but there is a point where you have to wonder why they bothered to change the medium in the first place.
              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I haven't gotten the movie yet and dunno if I will.

I do agree that the movie was rather boring. There needs to be more action. Yes they did followed to closely to the book. Following the book = good to a point.

I think my biggest problem, though, is how obsessed everyone is with the movie and book. There are A LOT of better books/movies out there. I do like the movie/book but there are better books and movies out there. It also gets annoying hearing people say 'I'm going to marry Edward'. Makes me wanna punch a kitten it has gotten that annoying.

On a positive note, I do think characterwise they got Alice right. Bella and Edward were done pretty well but still not entirely right.

-- bookworm438
                Visit KasChat Network!

Comment

"punch a kitten"

Wow, it must really irritate you. lol.

I get how it can be boring if you already read the book, since you know what is coming, but I prefer that to them changing things, since then it doesn't seem to stay true to the author's work when that happens. If any of you have read SM's webpage, somewhere on there she talks about how a Twilight movies script was brought to her, and she refused because they put in night goggles and helicopters and, well I can't remember, but basically all that the movies would have had in common with the book was the name.
                  And a movie is all about seeing the book come to life, which can be either good or bad. Seeing it acted out with real people, versus in your head. Even if they stick to the book, it is different because you are seeing how someone else envisioned the book and the scenes within it, rather than just how you saw it as you were reading. Which, again, can be good or bad, because two people can interpret a character in vastly different ways.
                  I don't know if I'm making sense. I'm having a hard time articulating what a book-to-movie should be, from my point of view.
                  Basically, it is seeing someone else's idea of it come to life. I think that Hardwicke, the actors and the producers and the rest of the movie crew did a good job (but not with Bella's Lullaby*.)
                  Wow, that went on for a while.

*Note : It was a nice song, I just didn't agree with it being suitable for her song. I felt it would be slower and easier for Edward to hum Bella to sleep with. That song is a mouthful to hum! But I'd like to know what others thought of it too!

Comment

^ I agree with you on the lullaby part. I think they could have done better.. but it was still sweet.

I kind of liked the movie... it was close to the book, yes, but they also added some scenes that weren't in the book. Like Bella and Charlie at the local diner and the greenhouse field trip. It was too bad they changed the biology teacher's name. Haha. Oh well. And I do like some of the dialogue they added as well. Especially in the baseball scene when Victoria said "I'm the one with the wicked curve ball." That made me laugh.

They choose the Cullens and the majority of the Humans well. I think that there SHOULD have been a Lauren in the movie... just so that the whole "Great she's back" thing in New Moon makes sense... but if they aren't going to have Lauren in the movie at all then... fine. Haha.

I think I'm getting off on a tanget here but did anyone watch the second disc on the special edition?

If so, then after watching all the behind-the-scenes>the credits>the copyrighted info> there's this small little line about the same size as the copyrighted info... and it says a funny little phrase.

I want you guys to find it but if you're too lazy to then PM me and I'll tell you what it is. I laughed when I saw it. Such clever little peoples.

Kay I'm done.

Comment

oh yeah, the Victoria part. Another thing that bothered me.
                      Guess I wasn't as happy with the movie as I thought I was. lol.
                      It irked me that VIctoria spoke, even though I do understand that it was a necessity for her to, since its a movie and not a book. Especially since Bella dreads Victoria and expects her voice to come out all growl-y and such, and then its all high and squeaky. I found that hilarious. But, I guess if we aren't knowing what Bella is thinking in the books then that part isn't really gonna show up in the later movies...
                      I haven't gotten the movie yet (poor college student) but I was wondering if the special features and i-pod stuff in the Special Editions are worth it. If they aren't, then I won't spend extra money I don't have on it, and I'll just get the regular edition. So, opinions?

Comment

Well, my mom just bought the DVD special edition,but I have yet to watch teh special editions.

Ok, so I was watching Twilight again, and I noticed in this one scene in that diner with Bella and Charlie, at the very beginning there's a shot with Stephenie Meyer in it! I didn't even notice it when I watched it the first time!
                        "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

Oh man oh man, twilight *im shaking my head right now* I couldnt tell if it was trying to be so bad/awkward that it was funny or if it just failed at everything. (No offense to you die hard fans) When edward said "say it out loud" my friend jumps up and shouts LEPRECHAUN! to the theater. It just screamed to be made fun of. Though ill admit i was sad cause i did think the books were ok and i hoped the movie was gonna be decent.
                          (\__/) "Be amazing"
                          (+'.'+)
                          (")_(")

Comment

mm: did anyone get mad at your friend for doing that? I know that I would be pissed at first then I would laugh it off later probably.

The whole movie just made me laugh. I don't know why, I loved it and all, but I was always laughing at some parts that weren't supposed to be funny. I think it was just because I was anticipating it and all. Hmm. I don't know.

Comment

Zirsta: Stephanie Meyer? Really? Cool.

I watched the movie than borrowed the book from my friend, and I must say, the book is way better. I mean, it needs the 20 questions and the mood swings, and not Edward getting mad and yelling "Say it!" 'cause in the book, he acts very confused.

Also, What's with the tree? And the breakfast? And Bella cooks the food, and they don't go to the diner. for the tree, it was kinda weird. And the breakfast scene, Bella only knows Rose doesn't like her is Edward tells her, she guesses, and Rose glares a lot. She doesn't smash the bowl. For the diner, it kinda stressed me out, 'cause Bella has to cook.

One more thing: I want Bella's thoughts. The movie really missed out by only putting a couple in (and she said them!!!!).

I know I said one more thing, but you guys should really read Midnight Sun (but not if you're a huge fan because it's [quote] messy and flawed and full of mistakes. i still think it's good. Here's a link... (and she put it on her website so it's ok) www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

EDIT: so I watched Twilight again (with commentary from Kristen Stewert, Robert Pattinson,and the director! it's soo funny), and i noticed it is really Stephenie Meyer. also, when she's in her hospital bed, there's a little tv in the corner that's playing clips of the fight scene.
                              Last edited by willowtree; August 8, 2009, 03:19:32 PM.
                              "Just how have I failed to notice Neets is hot?" ~Kit

~Lover of great books ever since she could read~

Comment

Working...
                              X