No announcement yet.

Twilight Movie Discussion (Spoilers!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, the movie was an alright book turned into movie kind of movie. I didn't like that they cut out the classbloodthing and the "it's healthy to ditch now and then". But it was pretty good. I liked it. The green house seen was funny.

My friend didn't like the movie. I went to go see it with her the first time. She said it sucked. I was all: "What? It didn't suck! It was okay sure, but suck-ish? No!"

Then I went to go see it with my other friends at a different movie place. I got myself a little soft plush puppy and me and my friends Sam, Samantha, and Audrey named him Rover Cullen. That was pretty funny. He sat in the cup holder while watching the movie. (lol)

Anyways, they all loved it. We were all in a heated discussion about it after wards. But we all liked it very much, even if they did leave out a lot of stuff.

I would go see it again, but... I'm broke.

I KNOW! When I go to Chico for Christmas I'll make my cousins take me and my older sis. Mwa ha ha ha! I'm a genius!
    Last edited by Glede; December 23, 2008, 07:59:33 PM.
    "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
    "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
    "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
    "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

...I had a post all typed out and it deleted everything when I wasn't logged in.

Darn.

I haven't seen the movie yet... Not because I wont, as I had full plans to do so once the squealing and screeching of the teenage girl population died down, but because the bashing its gotten from my friends has made me nervous.

I've always been iffy about the books. Meyer's style never did anything for me and as a big vampire fan, (Anne Rice yay), her rendition of one of my favorite mythical creatures wasn't something I was particularly happy with. Don't get me wrong, the books were very fun to read and Edward was successfully drool worthy, but I never liked them that much...
      Which is why I'm nervous for the movie, I wouldn't want it to ruin my appreciation of the books. Do you guys think it will?

I have to say, Meyer's writing did really shine to me in New Moon when she wrote about Bella breathing without lungs...
      Still, she's no DD.

And Gwendi I completely agree with you about Jacob being not so great a guy. Though I wasn't of that opinion until he forced his kiss on Bella... That was what upset me.

...and I copied this for pasting... just in case.

Comment

I was really cute and I'm excited for it to come out on DVD. Alice was Perfect but Rosalie... Well, anyone who's read the book as well as seen the movie should know what I mean. Edward's hair is really odd... *shrug*
        But I loved the lunch scenes-- they seemed so natural.
        However... now my friends from out of state have taken to calling me Arizona. I suppose it is a bit amusing though.
        "Moral indignation in most cases is 2% moral, 48% indignation, and 50% envy."--Vittorio de Sica

Comment

OMG, I saw Twilight! They totally ruined it!

Ok, I'm being reasonable now.

So, they messed up the sunny meadow, and made it cloudy. ugh. plus, Edward didn't sparkle. That was shimmering. It hardly showed!

Also, they messed up Jacob. He had hair like a girl! I always thought it would be a lot shorter, and it's supposed to be in a ponytail.

I've got to say, they messed up Edward. It's not that he doesn't look right, he didn't talk enough with Bella. Instead they just looked at each other.. Bella is supposed to fall in love with him because he's got a lot in common with her, is charming, and is courteous and, well, perfect. Instead, it's like she's fallen in love because he's gorgeous. That just messes it up for me. Besides, when they do talk, it's either really awkward, or Bella's all breathless and stuff. That sort of stinks. Plus, they cut all of the good, funny stuff. I think the only humorous bit they kept was the bit about the masochistic lion. If they'd had even one scene where they really talked, say the 20 questions, then the movie would be a lot better, in my opinion.

I have to say, the actors they chose were mostly good. Alice was perfect. Edward was good. Carlisle, I thought was also good.. Same with Emmet, except that he's supposed to be, well, bigger. Rosalie was nowhere near pretty enough. She wasn't that pretty to begin with, and Rose is supposed to be achingly beautiful, not average pretty. Besides, she wasn't that thin, when she's supposed to be, like, the ideal super model.

So, it wasn't to expectations, but I think I may warm to it... eventually.
          "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

Ok so the weekend twilight came out i took my girl emily to go see it and she absolutley LOVED it she also loved edward something i was not so happy about...but anyway the next day at school she walks by drops the book in my locker and sais "i thought you might like it since you like books so much," at first i was a little tentative about reading it but after the first chapter i was hooked. The next weekend we went to the mall i bought the other three.
            I thought the movie was good considering it was a book first though. I did think Bella's thoughts were a big part that was missing however.
            It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
            That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

I saw the movie. I expected it to be a bit darker. I also felt that the tension between Bella and Edward was a bit forced from the beginning, almost like the tension was way too strong at first. I just came across an opinion poll and surprised to see most of the voters think Twilight was not as good as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Zirsta View Post

Also, they messed up Jacob. He had hair like a girl! I always thought it would be a lot shorter, and it's supposed to be in a ponytail.....

.....Plus, they cut all of the good, funny stuff. I think the only humorous bit they kept was the bit about the masochistic lion. If they'd had even one scene where they really talked, say the 20 questions, then the movie would be a lot better, in my opinion.....

I have to say, the actors they chose were mostly good. Alice was perfect. Edward was good. Carlisle, I thought was also good.. Same with Emmet, except that he's supposed to be, well, bigger. Rosalie was nowhere near pretty enough. She wasn't that pretty to begin with, and Rose is supposed to be achingly beautiful, not average pretty. Besides, she wasn't that thin, when she's supposed to be, like, the ideal super model.

Ummm... name one person that can be the best fit for Rosalie?? We can't all match the person to Stephenie Meyer's descriptions of her characters. They just got the next best thing.

Jacob's hair- yes it was supposed to be in a pony tail... but the production team felt that it resembled James' hair. They didn't want to have them have the same hair style. James was supposed to be evil and Jacob was supposed to be a friend. There was an article or a vid clip about that on MTV.

I don't want to sound like I'm attacking you cuz I'm not. I understand where you're coming from.

I was upset that they left out the 20 questions bit and stuff. They left out a lot of the good scenes in the book.

I loved Emmett. I thought he was so cute when Edward introduced the family to Bella. He waved the knife in the air. I loved it....

I'm going to go see this movie again tonight. (Third time) Maybe I'll see something new.
                Last edited by Emi; January 2, 2009, 07:10:27 PM.
                Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

Ok, so maybe I was ranting a bit much... Ok, so I was.

I still think they could actually get someone pretty for Rose.

Says who they couldn't have James have regular hair, and Jacob have his ponytail? It makes sense to me... James gets killed, so he's not terribly important. Jacob, on the other hand, is going to be around for the whole series.
                  "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

Jacob was my favorite character. He's always there for bella even when she doesn't want him but she needs him. Now thats cool and plus any species (in my oppinion) who's body is built to fight vampires and destroy vampires is cool.
                    It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.

Comment

OMG i Just heard that they are going to change the cast in the next movie..... edward and bella... they cannt change the cast...
                      i saw the movie 4 times he he he... once on the internet and 3 times in theaters yay!!!!
                      its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

Hey wizy, according to IMDB, they're not. Here's the page http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1259571/ I don't think that they would do something like that, but what I did notice that's interesting, is that there already seems to be plans for Eclipse and Breaking Dawn.

If guys have long hair, I think its better for it to be down. Having it in a ponytail makes them look too 'bad boy'. I liked Jacob with his hair down. I don't think that it did anything to the character for him to have his hair like that.

Comment

Originally posted by wizy123 View Post
                          OMG i Just heard that they are going to change the cast in the next movie..... edward and bella... they cannt change the cast...
                          I heard they are only getting another actor for Jacob. They'll keep the guy from Twilight, like, halfway until the part where he becomes a werewolf, then they'll have some other actor... My friend told me who they were thinking about using for that, but I can't remember who...

Comment

I'm not so sure of that... they might just use special affects or prosthetics to change the actor not get rid of him

Comment

No I don't think they're going to change Jacob. Taylor Lautner has been bulking up big time to get ready for the film and I saw on IMDB that he's going to be Jacob. The guy they were thinking about replacing him with is Michael Copon or something like that.

I mean they made Ashley Greene (Alice Cullen) the size of the actual Alice on screen. I think they can make Taylor look big. Hopefully.
                              Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                              Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                              It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                              Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

I saw the movie and read all four books. The movie was good in the fact that it did follow the book closer than most other book-to-movie movies I've seen.

I did think that most of the time it was rather dull. It needs more action.
                                Visit KasChat Network!

Comment

Working...
                                X