Twilight Movie Discussion (Spoilers!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twilight Movie Discussion (Spoilers!)

So I watched the movie TWICE and I'm dying to discuss it with my Twilight peeps!!

What did you guys think about the added scenes? OR what did you think about the scenes that were not included?

Overall: Totally LOVED it or Disappointed??

First off... I have to say that I loved it. Hence the reason I saw it twice. I think most of the characters were dead on (no pun intended). And I absolutely loved the human cast!!! They rocked Forks. Haha.
    Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
    Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
    It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
    Check out my video: LET GO

I LOVED it! I thought the movie was good. Even though the meadow scene wasn't explained as well, it was good.

I love the freaky dance Emmett does at the baseball scene...and the constant look of pain on Jasper's face...awwww...haha.

Alice is awesome, Rosalie is...normal?, and Carlisle and Esme were amazing! Emmett and Edward were okay...Emmett was funny...

Mike and Eric...had some major problems...bwahaha...
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

I thought it was really good for a book-turned-movie. I'll probably end up seeing it again with some of my friends later when it's not as crazy crowded.

I did like the whole meet the family scene a lot; I kept laughing at the facial expressions on Edward's face... And I think Ashley did well with Alice.

The baseball scene was pretty good as well.

The Forks humans were great, they had me laughing a lot. I mean, Angela and Jessica weren't really how I pictured them, and Angela seemed a little more outgoing than in the book, but those are all minor things and they still managed to satisfy most Twilight fans.
      "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

Okay, finally!!!!! First off, I loved it. Second, I spazzed about the entire time, and I am going to see it again soon. I thought it was really funny, and I loved the facial expressions throughout the whole movie. I really thought it was funny when Rosalie broke the glass bowl with the salad in it and Esme made her clean it up. The only complaint I have is that Rosalie wasn't even as pretty as Bella, and she was supposed to be more pretty than anyone else in the universe. Okay, one other complaint...I don't have an unlimited amount of money or time to go see it over and over...

Comment

I have to admit, I liked it. I really loved the Cullen family, and I disagree, I thought Rosalie was beautiful. That whole, "You clean that up right now, young lady!" part made me crack up, though. Their camera style was weird, but by the time I got to the scene where she figures him out, I really liked it.

My major dislike? The outrageous amounts of visible makeup on the Cullens, but most especially Carlisle. That wasn't very cool.

Also, Robert Pattinson's voice was...strange. Did anyone else think he sounded Mexican when he first talks to Bella?

Speaking of, I think Kristen Stewart did a pretty good job. I like her subtle face changes and how she can make herself physically shake. That's crazy.

James- the heady turn thing was strange, but otherwise he was pretty frightening. Laurent was pretty good, and Victoria was probably the best equipped actress in the show, I think. Though I loved Alice a lot.

Actually, I liked Jasper a lot too, considering he didn't say a whole lot.

And I liked the music and the credits were pretty clever. The whole prom scene was just perfect

And that's my general view on the movie.
          just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

I liked it...
            Mel, how would even notice how much makeup is put on?... I mean, you would have to look really carefully, and see it at least 3 times. Anyways, in movies, the actors always have makeup on to make themselves look like their character.
            No, I did not think he sounded Mexican.
            James was pretty scary. Victoria was very scary, especially at the end.
            The movie was funnier than the book.
            Oo! Has anyone seen any New Moon trailers? I heard a rumor, but I didn't know if it was true or not.
            Does anyone besides me think that Jacob is ugly in the movie, and is stupid in the books? I hate him.
            Hobey ho,
            let's go.

Comment

I agree with Mel on the makeup part for Carlisle... but the only part I really saw that was when we first met him at the hospital. Other than that I thought it looked fine.

I saw the movie twice already... I don't think I heard a mexican accent when Edward first spoke. Haha, but that could be because everyone was laughing.

Jasper cracked me up... "He's the one who looks like he's in pain all the time." Hahaha. That was hilarious.

I think that the movie was overall good for a standalone. There are some things I wish was added to the movie like the whole Bella and Alice bonding at the hotel. Having Victoria at the prom was an amazing idea and a great set up for the next movie!

Taylor played a great Jake. I can't wait for New Moon to see how they're going to do the werewolves!!

Theres so much I could write, but I'm a little shorthanded at the moment... literally. Can only type with one hand, so I'll be back on later!
              Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
              It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.

Comment

I loved the movie. As I was watching it at first, I stated say "what happened to...[insert scene here]". Then, I just shut up and enjoyed it. It is really starting to grow on me. I am going to go see it again this weekend with my best friend.

I like the scene where Edward comes and saves Bella from the human predators. I loved the way he drove the car.

I like the way that the last scene was played out and how Edward had to work so hard to stop. It would have been bad if it didn't look like it was hard for him to stop.

I like in bio when they were talking about the rain. Bella said that she did not like the wet or the cold. I laughed out loud at that one.
                Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~ Les Brown

Comment

I really want to buy the dress Bella wears to prom for my own prom... but I can't seem to find it anywhere. So now, I'm going to try to get someone to make it for me.

I love her dress, it's so pretty and simple. So... Bella. Does anyone know where I could get the dress?

Comment

So, I've seen the movie (but I've not read the books). It was different. To me, it seemed like there was an awful lot missing; maybe that's how people who see the HP movies, but haven't read the books feel. Are the books in first person or third person? Its just that it seems to me that you miss out on a lot of Bella's thoughts, and I would guess that the tension between the Cullens and the other group of vampires that shows up at the baseball game (which was pretty cool) is built up a little more in the books.

Comment

alla: The books are written in first person. Yeah, in the movie, we did miss out on a lot of Bella's thoughts.

The actress, Kristen Stewart, did an amazing job showing Bella thinking and her nervousness about starting the new school. I think that there were some thoughts they should have expressed... but what can we do about that? haha.

Comment

Originally posted by alla View Post
                        So, I've seen the movie (but I've not read the books). It was different. To me, it seemed like there was an awful lot missing; maybe that's how people who see the HP movies, but haven't read the books feel. Are the books in first person or third person? Its just that it seems to me that you miss out on a lot of Bella's thoughts, and I would guess that the tension between the Cullens and the other group of vampires that shows up at the baseball game (which was pretty cool) is built up a little more in the books.
                        Thank you for saying this. I read all 4 books before I saw the movie and while I loved the movie I kept thinking that it might have been hard to follow without having the background from the books. It is good to hear from someone who hadn't read the books!

It felt like some of the relationships and themes from the book were rushed in the movie. Then again, if they put in everything from the books it would have been a 3 or 4 hr movie! I would still have gone, but it might have cut down on their audience a bit.

Comment

Ok, so I'm starting to read it now, and I have to admit, that the movie left so much out. There was no indication to me in the movie, that Bella hated the cold/weather in Forks, and very little, other than a wild guess, on why she had moved there in the first place. I'm enjoying the book so far - more than I thought I would, anyway.

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to the YW forums, Linnette I hope you enjoy your stay
                          Last edited by alla; December 14, 2008, 04:39:49 AM.

Comment

I saw the movie and my first reaction was "That was pretty good." I hadn't read the book in several years. Then I started reading the book again and realized that the movie was awful in comparison. But that's just how it goes. It's not as bad as other books-turned-movies.

In the movie itself, though, I thought the music was really bad. They were playing the wrong songs at the wrong times. It totally killed my mood in certain parts. Unfortunately, this was about a month ago so I don't remember which scenes. And Edwards sparkley skin was... unsatisfactory. He looked like one of those rocks you can buy at gift shops in Yellowstone. He didn't look like diamonds to me. Oh, well. u.u
                            From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

Originally posted by LiaFail View Post
                              Does anyone besides me think that Jacob is ugly in the movie, and is stupid in the books? I hate him.
                              I agree with you LiaFail. All of my friends think that I only like Edward better because he's a vampire, but I don't. I just really really hate Jacob. My friends think that Jacob is better than Edward, but I really disagree. My friends are insane, and sometimes that's not a good thing. Oh well though. I can't change their opinions, even though I try sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X