Pendragon (spoilers possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pendragon (spoilers possible)

Has anyone ever heard of Pendragon by D.J. Mchale? The first book is called Pendragon: the merchant of death, there are a total of seven books in the series.
    -"Though speach be unlearn'd, The wisdom be earn'd,"
    Cairpre, the bard, The Lost Years of Merlin book 3
    http://inheritanceseries.freeforums....ce41240a2f1add

i've heard about them. They sound like a reacurring plot. I'm considering reading them. (Sticksnose back into Eight Days of Luke (jones))
    I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

I read most of them, haven't read the most 2 most recent though. They were pretty good for the most part. I just stopped reading them for a while though and couldn't get back in, maybe I should try again...
      Anyways, yeah, I think that you should try them and enjoy.
      Tourist, Rincewind decided, meant "idiot".
      Terry Pratchett, The Colour of Magic
      Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
      Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Comment

I've read up to about 5, and when I get ahold of the next ones I'll probably read them. It's a series that I like, but I'm not desperate for more. I'll probably end up reading all of them at some point, but I'm not biting my nails waiting for the next one.
        The plot is interesting though...I rather like them.
        The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
        I promise not to funfun anymore
        Be happy cause life is good

Comment

Yeah, I'm halfway through the second-to-last one out so far, but I haven't really been aching to finish it. It's a bit more simplistic than most of the books I've read, but I think the plot is pretty interesting.

I think my favorite part about the books is MacHale's portrayal of the "future" in Third Earth. Creative.
          ---
          Interesting (adj.) - Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?

Comment

yeah third earth is really neat i absolutly love it. Not Desperate for more! you're out of your mind. well not really but anyway. so far what is your favorite territory?

Comment

my favorite territory is third earth, kinda, because it's paradise, but cloral is pretty close. i mean, that dimension is FUN.
              I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
              For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

yeah i'm not really into the whole paradise idea. i think cloral would definatly be fun but i really like Zadaa and Eelong. to me Quiligan (7th book) would be a nightmare.

Comment

Oh, I love the Pendragon series! It might not be the most fancily worded series of literature out there, but it has a fascinating plot and it really keeps me guessing and second-guessing, trying to predict what's coming next... I definitely recommend it to just about everybody, even if you think you might not like it...give it a try! You might be surprised!
                  ~~~~~
                  You know when people see a cat's litter box, they always say, "Oh, have you got a cat?" Just once, I want to say, "Nope. It's for company. Help yourself. Make yourself comfy. Take your time."

Comment

I hated the first book. But, I love the one with Cloral that was fun. I haven't read "The rivers of Zadaa" or "The Quillan games." I'm not rushing to read it though.
                    Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                    Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

Oh, I love the Pendragon series! It might not be the most fancily worded series of literature out there, but it has a fascinating plot and it really keeps me guessing and second-guessing, trying to predict what's coming next... I definitely recommend it to just about everybody, even if you think you might not like it...give it a try! You might be surprised!
                      *agrees* it's a very good series...i'm afraid it doesn't stick in the mind that well though, at least for me, so i'm always going "oh wait...that DID happen in the last book, didn't it! why did it happen again?" but it doesn't matter in the end, because as likely as not, you'll just end up rereading it and enjoying it just as much the second time....
                      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

i own up to like the 6th book they are alll pretty interesting exept the first one it was soo boring it almost put me to sleep. but i hear that they have up to the 8th book out am i right???? i think so but not shour. what are books 7 and eight called so i can read thoes too???

[edited to fix quoting error, and to turn off oversized avatar. --kli]
                        its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

What is the main plot of the series? if its good i might concider reading them.
                          98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
                          If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature

Comment

I LOVE PENDRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!almost as much as i love yw!!!

howdy

Comment

There are 7 books so far:
                              #1 The Merchant of Death
                              #2 The Lost City of Faar
                              #3 The Never War
                              #4 The Reality Bug
                              #5 Black Water
                              #6 The Rivers of Zadaa
                              #7 The Quillian Games
                              #8 The Pilgrims of Rayne (May 8, 2007)

Basically the books are about Bobby Pendragon and how he dicovers that he is a traveler who can use flumes (like wormholes) to travel to other worlds. When he travels to other worlds he has to save them from Saint Dane who is the bad guy who tries to corrupt the worlds he goes to.

Comment

Working...
                              X