Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More!! (aka Book / Series Recommendations)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Birdhead, yeah that's what I meant.

You have the right to remain silent.

Comment

Uh-oh, uh-oh!
      To Larwan:
      Oh no!!! I didn't like His Dark Materials. Well, I liked the first few, but the author kinda dropped with the last one.

To Arik:
      YOU ROCK!!! Tamora Peirce and Anne McCafrey rule!

-MaThFrEaK
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Of course Diane Duane is excellent!!! i forgot to mention that in my last post. Oops...
        My two fav. authors are Diane Duane and Tamora Peirce! Peirce did seem to lack a bit in a few of her latest series, though... The Song of the Lioness series was good.
        Ultimately, Diane Duane RULES!!!

-MaThFrEaK
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

I love all of those authors!!! My sister read City of the Beasts but i forgot what she thought about it. I LOVE Garth Nix too. Sabriel And Liarel are really good, but the third one, i was told was dissapointing. But PLEASE don't let that stop you. The first and Second book are great just by themselves. Shades Children is also by Garth Nix and really good, more sci fi though than Sabriel. Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith was also great! Tamora Pierceish (she suggested it on her website) Meg Cabot and Jenny Caroll (her other alias) is really good especially the under appreciated by the general public, The Mediator books they are 100 times beter than the Princess Diaries. READ READ READ all of the His Dark Material Books, the third one left me in tears, but I LOVED IT!
          I Don't think I have to tell you who's my fave (DIANE DUANE)

" Duct tape, the stuff that holds the universe together."A Wizard Alone by Diane Duane
          - Serena

Comment

Originally posted by EWizard11:
            Sophie's World, however, sparked my interest in philosophy. Everyone should read Sophie's World. I especially enjoyed it because it was a novel as well as a history of philosophy.

*Ella*
            you read sophie's world? I've met sooo few people who have! I read it years ago... the first half is a bit tough to get through but it really sparks your interest halfway though!!!!

Comment

Here's an easy book series... just read every single book made by Sharon Creech!

Or go to the library and get every single book there.
              (That's what I did all summer...)
              penguins will rule the world.

Comment

What is Sophie's World? Who's it by?

Comment

Sophie's World is a book by Jostein Gaarder, a Norwegian author. He's very good, I like him a lot, because he brings a lot of philosophy into the books. In Sophie's World, a girl called Sophie gets a series of letters on the history of philosophy. It's great, botht he story and the philosophy.

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                  --Agent M
                  Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                  Still the Typo Queen
                  Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

<LI>Anything by Madilaine L'Engle (spelling)
                    <LI>Any of the Discworld books by Terry Prechett (DD is a big PTerry fan).
                    <LI>The Farseer trilogy by Robin Hobb. First one is is Assassins Aprentice, and you get a lot of book for you money. There is a sequel trilogy set in the same world with the smae chartcetrs (first is Fool's Errand), and another trilogy (!) set in the same world, but totally deifferent people. (First is Ship of Magic)
                    <LI>Dianna Wynne Jones The Lives of Christopher Chant and Charmed Life. There are several opthers set in the same world(s). Also, Howell's Moving Castle. (Or is it Howel? Not sure off-hand)
                    <LI>Deborah Chester's trilogy: The Sword, The Chalice and The Ring. I have only read the first, and keep on meaing to buy the other two.

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation
                    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Actually it's Howl's Moving Castle. (Howell is the name he goes by in Wales, though, so I bet that's what you were thinking of, Wilf. ) It has a sequel, Castle in the Air, which I also thought was fun. Also by DWJ, Eight Days of Luke and Archer's Goon come to mind... she's got a bunch, though, really.

I second the recommendation of Madeleine L'Engle.

War for the Oaks by Emma Bull is another I liked, though I haven't read it in a while.

Crystallography Made Crystal Clear by -- no, no, that's what I need to get back to.

PK

Comment

Actually, I was thinking of Herbert Howells, the composer.
                        I would reccfomend you got the your local library, and just read as much as possible. There is more good bokos out there other than fantasy. I would reccomned Lillian Jackson Braun's Cat Who... series.

Comment

Working...
                        X