No announcement yet.

Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep...the whole bandana thing was so weird! I've been thinking about that for like a week. I loved POTC3; I know that not everyone has liked it, but it really was just pretty cool. Confusing at times, but cool. Multiple Jacks made me think of a lot of things...and those weird crab things...oy. That part of the movie was so weird, but I loved it!

What I really want to see now (besides HP5) is Ocean's 13. Kind of lame, I know, but for some reason, I absolutely love those movies.

Comment

• Well biscuit, there clever, stylish, and never cease to make me laugh. Seriously, the Ocean's movies were surprisingly awesome to me for a remake.

Comment

• I just saw POC3 yesterday and wow, it was weird XD In a good way of course. One of the things that irked me, though, is that in Mythology Calypso is not the goddess of the sea; she is a sea nymph. Her only significant story is that she holds Odysseus on her island in the Odyssey until Zeus makes her let him go. Stupid Hollywood! *blows hard through mouth* Okay, calming down. I hate it when movies mess up like that. grrrrr
        "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
        Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• the only movie i'll be seeing for a while is most likely happily n'ever after... *love the*
          "and he's falling,...and their laughing at him. they're...laughing at him." scene. *Grins from ear to ear* which is pretty good, since i don't think i shifted back from dragon since my last post on greeting new members topic! I would also like to say...WHY DOES EVEYRONE GET TO SEE PIRATES OF THE CARIBEAN AT WORLDS END BEFORE ME! *is rather frustrated by the fact that no one in my house is willing to pay to see it* which is kinda strange, since i love posting so much i'm STILL grinning form-HOLY SMOKES! IS THAT MY POST COUNT! *gags* anyways....off i go again! this time, it really WILL be another day i'm posting...i've run out of places to post! *grins*
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• interesting thing about the laviathen (spelling?) or rather, the kraken, i guess...is that it was NOT started by seeing a giant squid, is i orriginally thought...that might have PERPETUATED it at various points, but what actually STARTED it was a lump of sea weed. *falls over laughing at the thought of captain jack running away from a lump of sea weed*
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• YR-my sister watched Happily N'Ever After 5 times in 3 days. And most of those times I was forced, yes, forced to watch it with her. Now I get those stupid rhymes stuck in my head...(Munk is a bossy know-it-all with a butt the size of a shopping mall, and etc.) Gahhhh!!!! *screams in frustration* This is worse than having The Song That Never Ends stuck in my head!
              "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism

Comment

• i'm not sure about that..."this is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends" was quite frankly MADE to annoy (and what's WORSE is you somehow can't remember all the lines, of ANYTHING stuck in your head and have ONE stuck in) at the moment, i currenlty HATE the movie ella enchanted...it's not that it's THAT bad, it's just that having reread the book, it just can't compare...anyone else watch the movie AND read the book?

Comment

• Ah, the old, old story of Hollywood (or in this case, Disney) completely messing up a wonderful book. I watched the movie first, kind of unusual for me, and I really liked it. Then I read the book and I really liked it, but was mad at Disney for changing the ending (ok, not just the ending...) so much and...yeah, old, old story. I don't think I've ever seen a movie that didn't slaughter the book, though, so...But it's not like Ella Enchanted was a bad movie or anything, so maybe we just have to view the book and movie as two totally and completely separate things, if that makes any sense at all.

Comment

• I agree. i don't really MIND the movie, and at various points enjoy it...but i don't think i could watch it RIGHT after having re read the book...the book just has this power behind it, making you constantly want to read it, that the movie lacks...(even if char is a bit of a bore in person, sometimes....) but yeah. as long as the book isn't fresh in my mind, i can watch the movie and not be too mad at it. besides, if it wasn't for the coming out of the movie, i might never have gone into shock and checked out the book while shelfing it at the school library! (was on library committe along with rival who later became friend)

Comment

• YR said:
                      "This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends" was quite frankly MADE to annoy
                      Ah, but do you remember where it was from, and that it was made to annoy parents

I don't think that I've ever seen the movie of Ella Enchanted straight through. I can remember looking forward to it coming out, but then I never saw it. The book was good though - or it was when I read it in grade eight.

POTC3 was very good . I went and saw it with MedSoc in costume, which is always good fun. Having sword fights with foam swords to entertain people while we were waiting for it to start, and getting strange looks and 'arrr!'s from people in the food court below the cinemas is always amusing.

Next movie to see for me will be Shrek 3 next week.

Comment

• Comment

• Howl's Moving Castle, as both a book and a movie were awesome! I'm the same, dorotheia, I didn't mind that it got changed a little, because when I saw the movie, I hadn't read the book in a looong time.

I think thats probably the best thing to do when watching movies based on books - don't read the book just before going to see the movie, because you know that you're probably going to be disappointed. See the movie, enjoy the movie (you've paid for a ticket after all) and then read the book and pick out all the mistakes that they made that you can remember. Or just enjoy the movie, and not pick out the mistakes...

Comment

• Howl's Moving Castle was a weird movie going experience for me, since it was the first time ever I'd seen a Miyazaki where I was familiar with the source material. The book is better and makes more sense, but the flick's still good fun.

I have less sanguine hopes in store for Miyazaki Jr.'s take on Earthsea (aka Gedo Senki).

Another upcoming flick I'm eager to see: No Reservations. I loved the German original, Mostly Martha. Between that and Ratatouille, it's gonna be a good summer for food movies.
                            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• I'm excited about "Tales of Earthsea"...it's got to be better than the sci fi take on it.

Comment

• ok, while i didn't like the movie of ella enchanted nearly as much as the book..i wouldn't say it was THAT increadibly fake...if you hadn't read the book, (or hadn't read it in a while) you'd actually enjoy it...and as for char, while he was not very close to the book, at all, that might be one of the few chases i wouldn't hate, when compared to the book...i mean, he was so...dull in the book...he didn't have any personality. ella had personality, hattie had some personality...olive was just STUPID. everyone had personality. but char was mostly just there to give the story a goal, it sometimes seemed, and it showed...(like when she'd say something and he'd just stare then go "you're funny!" at least the movie took away that...(i'd talk about another movie, but i haven't seen any lately! *is sad*)

Comment

Working...
                                X