No announcement yet.

Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kli---> RIGHT ON! Is there a trailer out yet? *goes find trailer* Uh..well, ovbiously there's no trailer out yet but I'm gonna go search for more info on the movie...
    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• DB: if they don't even have a screenplay yet, they're in really early stages. I'd take the news with a grain of salt. But apparently they're planning on having Jackman go solo.

PPC: that's a lot of movies! I like Hidalgo, too, although the fact that they pretend it's based on anything like a true story is kind of annoying. Not to mention the whole geo-political subtext ("watch an American cowboy beat the Arabs at their own game by being a better native!"). The cultural imperialism alone is astounding. But, I can forgive Fusco, given that he also wrote Thunderheart and Dreamkeeper. But pretty movie. Pretty Viggo.

Want Incredibles. Want Mirrormask.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Kli--> Yeah I figured like 3 secs after I wrote that, lol. Is this gonna be like, XMen 3 or something? They shouldn't use this as a replacement for X-men 3. Though this could be a very good stand-alone movie. So, Jackman solo, huh? I'm gonna keep periodically checking for news. They should make appeareances by other x-men.

Where are you getting this stuff?
        Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• I just saw SharkTale. Very interesting funny...

The best part was at the end where these little fishies liked to spray paint and they spray painted a whale and said, "now we've pimped your hide!" It was so funny. (FYI-I'm a big PimpMyRide fan.)
          penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• So, who's pumped about The Incredibles opening tomorrow? I have been waiting for this movie for sooooo long...

BTW, saw Stage Beauty which was kind of like Shakespeare in Love, only without the Stoppard. And I saw Shall We Dance? which was much better in the original Japanese, but still a passably good interpretation. Both fun flicks.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Heyyy, did anyone see Ringu? That was the Japenese version of The Ring, and it was based off of Ringu. (The Ring, not The Lord of the Rings) The Ring was good, but Ringu was just weird. Not scary at all.
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Well, no, but I saw Taxi. The critics are horrible but I laugh on everything Queen Latifah does, so...

I loved the frisking part. :P
                Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• DB, you did know the guy who directed Taxi is the same guy they tapped to direct The Fantastic Four, right?

Saw The Incredibles. Loved it. Absolutely loved it. Funny and touching and a heck of a rollercoaster ride. Definitely the best superhero flick I've seen all year. And I'd include Spiderman 2 in that, but I'm weird.

I love how the Parrs live in "Metroville"--not Metropolis or Smallville, but in between.

Comment

• Hee! I saw The Incredibles this weekend; I recommend you all see it early and often! I have some Pixar stock, please support my retirement fund! Definitely one for the DVD rack when it comes out.

One of my friends is pregnant. I told her I was going to find her a little 'onesie' like the one The Designer made for Jack-Jack, complete with "I" logo, and she nearly snarfed her soda.
                    "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                    "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• ... but will it be bulletproof/fireproof etc?

I wanna see it again!

But I'm also waiting about for the new Jeneut, A Very Long Engagement. I loved Amelie, so Jeneut and Tatou together again is something I gotta make space for in the movie viewing schedule.

Comment

• ...and for those who loved Hero, here comes the second Zhang Yimou/wire-fu flick, House of Flying Daggers.

Comment

• Kli---> No but I haven't seen The Fantastic Four so...
                          Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• So, has anybody gotten a chance to see Finding Neverland? I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm also debating as to whether I should see that or the second Bridet Jones movie.

Comment

• Anybody see Blade 3: Trinity?

After they messed it up in Blade 2 I was really surprised that they got it right on this one. It rocked.

The thing is that the vampires wake up Dracula.

The REAL thing is that they find Dracula in Iraq.

(!.!) (X.X)
                              Comradely, Diego

"Be a real

Comment

• I really loved the Incredibles...I'd really like to have Violet's power and turn invisible...
                                I'm crying cuz things aren't how
                                they used to be
                                she said,
                                "The battle's almost won
                                and we're only several miles from the sun..."

Comment

Working...
                                X