No announcement yet.

More "What Kind of Music Do You Like"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These days, I'm really into the Visual Kei style of music...

Haven't heard of it? Well, it's an azn thing. ^^

Visual Kei is a style of music that can really only be described as 'gothic.' Bands like Malice Mizer and Mois Dix Mois and Silver Ash are Visual Kei. The music itself has a lot of 'gothic' elements like the organ, but there's also drums and some techno elements.... And there's a strong flavor of rock as well. It's really cool though.

Comment

*adding to Aurie's descrip*

"Kei" litterally translates as "shock". Visual Kei is itself a subthingummy of JRock (which some classify under JPop, but only outside of Japan). It's called roughly "visual shock" because the bands tend to dress up in a shocking way ^.^ My fave is cases like Mana. He's a boy (well, man actually, but yeah). But he doesn't look it. And I have a friend who likes to show pics of him to guys and say "what do you think?" and then say "well, that's actually a guy, but, yeah, he really is quite pretty, isn't he?" And he always has a picture in the Gothloli magazine. But he isn't exactly the perfect example of why VK is called VK, they dun all dress like girls, and I'm rambling, aren't I?

...all my music is still in foreign languages. XD

Comment

I luv Johnny Depp! Sry, had to say that. I like soundtracks too. Never heard of VK, but I've never heard of a lot of things. Sounds...interesting.
        The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
        I promise not to funfun anymore
        Be happy cause life is good

Comment

Yeah, Mana IS cool! ^^ I loves Jrock, but Visual Kei really rocks... ^^

HOW CAN SOMEONE CLASSIFY JROCK AS JPOP??? They're DIFFERENT! *frustrated look*

Comment

I really have no idea what either of those things are. Just shows how well versed in the music of today I am.

Comment

It's JapanesePop or JapaneseRock. It's Japanese so don't blame yourself for not knowing it. I love all things japanese and I wish I could learn the language.
              penguins will rule the world.

Comment

I figured it meant Japanese stuff, but I don't know anything about it whatsoever. and I'm a tad obsessed with Japan too. Not overly obsessed, but just a little.

Comment

I haven't heard a lot of Japanese music. What I have heard, I have liked.. I love their drums and the flutey thing they play.
                  -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                  The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                  I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

YAY! JAPANESE DRUMS! TAIKO! YAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!! Why doesn't anybody post on the taiko topic? I feel unwanted. But I have taiko tonight. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY JOY! I've been waiting for this since about Thursday. I like taiko way too much!

Comment

Working...
                    X