Star Trek: The Manga...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek: The Manga...

Has anybody gotten their hands on the Tokyopop Star Trek: The Manga, Kakan Ni Shinkou? DD apparently has at least one piece in it, as well as an upcoming Tokyopop [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Next-Generation-v/dp/1427812721"]ST:TNG manga[/ame].
    Last edited by Kathy Li; January 26, 2009, 09:57:29 PM.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Yes, actually, I did find (and buy) Kakan Ni Shinkou. I got it at a rather expansive Borders. I've made a start on my collection...
    To be frank I was disappointed in how DD's story was presented, but many of the others were amusing. The major criticisms I had: I didn't enjoy DD's story mostly because of the artwork, which felt clunky and ugly to me, without the smoothness of the others. Also, because of the speech bubbles which usually covered some important piece of the art, like the face, mouth, or eyes. Nothing against DD's work, but as a whole that particular story, which should work together with the artwork, didn't feel right to me. Which was sad; I think she got short shrift on artists. Your opinion may be different, of course.

Comment

Working...
    X