No announcement yet.

the playroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I set up a new post, push for fan fic. I wanted to ask that if D.D. agrees would you guys help me out???? I am still new and will need alt of help if it takes off!!!

Just thought i'd ask, let me know and I hope to hear from you guys soon.

Comment

Edit previous post -- don't do doublies.

The Playroom is a YW roleplay. Here, I'll do an example for you because I have all the time in the world, and I feel like crap.

Tiff:
      Tiff walked into her room and sat down on her bed, fuming over a failed test.
      "Why why were so many marked wrong!? It was perfect, perfect, and--"
      "All your keys are belongs to us."
      Tiff's eyes darted around her room. "Who said that?"
      She walked over to her desk where the voice had come from. The keys on the keyboard were moving! Tiff experimentally pushed one down.
      "Eeee, you squishied a me!"
      The key stayed down, and a growing row of exclamation points appeared on the screen.

Caitlin:
      "I guess this isn't the moon..."
      Cati sighed. She must've messed up a bit of her transit because she was standing in what looked like someone else's bedroom, and that someone else was panicking over a talking keyboard.

Tiff:
      Tiff pulled up the key and scooped what looked like a pile of sticky, pink bubble-gum out from underneath.
      "I am ze monstair of you keyboard!" said the gum-monster, switching accents.
      "Gross," Tiff said, and turned around to drop it in the trashcan. That's when she saw someone in her room.
      "Who are you!?"

Gryph:
      ((Should I jump in? Ah, what the heck.))
      A black, furry animal took a running jump straight through Tiff's bedroom window, making a cat-sized hole in the tough screen.
      "Where'd squirrely go?"
      Gryphon noticed two other people.
      "Hi, I'm Gryphon, and I'm looking for a squirrely-whirrely."

Caitlin:
      "I'm uhh--"
      A cat catapulted through Tiff's window, interupting her.
      "Hi, uhh, Gryphon. Well, I guess I'd better go to the moon..."

Gryph:
      "I'm really good at transits! I'll take you!!"
      A manual materalized right in front of the cat and fell to the floor. She started nosing through its pages.
      "I'm really good at transits. Half of them get me where I want them to go."

Tiff:
      "What the heck!"
      Talking gum, a strange girl, and now a freakish cat...
      "You're a wizard? I didn't know cats could be wizards. And you too!?"

Caitlin:
      "No thanks, Gryphon. Well, not like that's much better than my rate of transits. Yeah, I'm a wizard."

*bows* I think I went a little over the edge. Anyway, I hope you get the idea.
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

(o.O) Uhh...Gryph...I think you may have just a _little_ too much time on your paws... But so do I. The teachers are all on retreat so we get the day off. (3-day weekends RULE!!)

All your keys are belongs to us.

Mmm hmmmm. Sounds suspiciously like "All your base are belong to us." Did you ever watch the video?

Gum monster.

Have you ever seen a really old (like from 10 years ago) kid's show called "GhostWriter." There was this miniplot about a bubblegum monster which was after the kids and the only way to stop it was to freeze it. Can't think just how the kids managed to dispose of the brute.

((Should I jump in? Ah, what the heck.))

Hmm...seems like Gryph has decided to start having conversations with herself...
        ~Sharky

+Member of the STTF (Save the Topic Foundation)
        +Member of the FBI (Forum Bureau of Investigation)

Comment

Oh Gryph you look so cute!!!!! I wanted to hug you but felt in would be inappropriate. By the way isn't that godmoding????
          Oh well who really cares?
          Tiff: I have tested my blood and have found no matching doewner on this planet called Earth. Sighing I lay down and try to go over what I remember before I came to this place.
          (Deep within her mind) Running towards a pillar of light a small child pants as she hears her fears catching up. She sees the light and touches it, a flash ingulfs her and she is sprawled at the bottom of a staircase. She rises and begans to walk up it, suspended in mid-air a black book floats, she nears it causiously, scared of what might be lurking in the shadows. The book is hard to look at, it hurts just to be near it, but yet it beckons to her, she reaches out and touches it's spine.
          Siering pain courses through her body, darkness descends on her,flooding her body, to drown, to kill!
          She thrashes against the book, but it holds tight, a dark laughter fills echos in her ears and she opens her mouth,screaming silently. she sees a dark figure coming and backs away, it gains speed and now she sees a young man . His face is burning with the same pain that floods her body, the pain of the book. She clutches it to her chest and waits for the worst.
          "You will not have it!" A voice cries from above, the winged defender holds her, it's warmth washes away the darkness. The man trembles in rage knowing that she, this insignificante girl holds the power to create, destroy and change the entire universe. He vows to have that power, for she wa created by the one, and some of the young man's blood flows in her veins. Her red hair came from him as do her eyes, and he knows she can't be protected forever!
          The darkness vanishes, and the defender offers her another book, this one is beautiful and a warm light shimmers from it. She holds the books together and they become one, her manuel.
          Tiff wakes up and sees that she dosed off again. She sighs and walks over to the trashbin where the gum monster is howling with rage, she picks the trashcan up and throws it out the window, a small smirk on her face. Now back to the comp. The keys are still yelling at her but she really doesn't care anymore, she uses some magic and cleans the keys, smalpeople yell at her in high squeaky voices and she stares around trying to find the source of the noise.
          Just as she turns around a girl appears on her keyboard and a cat leaps onto her bed. Tiff stares in confusment as the cat talks and starts nosing througha book that landed in front of it.
          (Back inside her mind Tiff makes a solid vow)
          "I've got to stop drinking steak sauce!!!!"

Comment

Tiff, no, I was giving examples. Say Caitlin is Caitlin and Tiff is Tiff. You post what Tiff does, and I post what Gryphon does. Also, in your posts, you don't use I's. Don't post your roleplays here, either -- post at Playroom or Worldsoul!

Caitlin, I got my password back, but I never had a chance to log in and change it, and I don't have access to my e-mail on this computer.

*huggles* are actually a YW.net forum thing. Huggles are okay, but I think kissles would be taking it over the edge...
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

OOOOOOOOhhhhhh, that more sense. Thanks I think it's kinda cool, but i think Tiff went alittle overboard. <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Ok alot overboard, i said it so there!!!!</span>But hey why don't we all head for the moon now, i'll race you Gryph, Are you up for it caitlin??????? See you guys there!!!
              Tiff: (Dissappears with a loud pop and ends up on uranus.) Darn it all I still can't get this right, let me try again! (Dissappears again and pops up on the moon, thirty feet in the air!)
              Ahhhhhh. (falls flat on her face and holds up a hand) Everybody stop laughing, bbefore I crush you!!!

Comment

Ok, it does now appear that I am alone here, so I will find some way to amuse myself!!! Let's see now where is that worldgate spell???

Opens her manuel, and starts writing symbols on the floor.
                Tiff: Let's see got symbols right, have all I need to go so here goes nothing,(Gulps) I hope.

Dissapears and pops up in the Alternate Mannhatten, The lone one's home.

Tiff: AWW crap not again, Why does this keep happening?????
                Darkness gathers around her as she stands there yelling at herself.
                Tiff: Why does nothing work for me, what have I done???
                A figure emerges from the shadows and reaches out for the unsespecting child.
                Tiff: well my instincts tell me to go,(twirls her hand around and points off into the distance. The hand is nearly touching her.) THAT WAY!!!
                She tears off into the distance and the figure does a face plant right where she was standing a second ago.
                Tiff runs along the streets, trying to make heads or tails out of this world.
                She stops by a huge gaping hole and decideds to venture down there. *Yes, we are about to see an non reacuuring character* As she trudges along in total darkness, she notices a slight breeze flowing,but what why is there a breeze in a closed off tunnel???
                She slams right into something and stifles a curse,she runs her hands over the object and feels a nose, a large mouth with 12inch long teeth, and looks up to see two green eyes glowing at her.
                tiffNow frightened beyond rational thought. Screams and trys to run away, only to be lifted up by the monsters claw.) The monster unleashes a blaze of fire that lights several torches piled about. The eldest stares at the intruder and hisses,"How did you come here, they said no noe would come, but you are here, how is it you are here???"
                Tiff:ummmm, I climbed down a huge hole and sort of bumped into you.(Laughs nervously.) I guess.
                The eldest flings her across the cave and she lands in a pile of gold. It approuches and lays itself down in front of her."You shall stay, I get lonely after soooo long." With that it falls asleep.
                TiffStares around wildly. hoping for some help.)(Desperatlly she pulls out her manuel and trys to contact the strange girl and the crazy cat.)

Message sent: Ok I really don't know you guys, but right about now I could use some help!!!! Please figure out where I am and come here ASAP!!! Lots of curiosity and love Tiff. Aka, the girl who's room you both invaded.

Comment

Heya, I'm considering joining the playroom (just finished my january exams so I have free time again!)

What sort of characters need playing at the minute?

Also, the different sections- crossings, earth, playroom etc, do you treat them as areas which you travel to or are they all seperate RPs?

Nius
                  ~~ a.k.a Knight of Ni! ~~

Comment

They're all on the same rpg, all as different locations you can visit. I still have to log in sometime. Exams have been rough, but now I feel like playing about at rpgs. Caitlin, I may not visit all the time, but I'll be willing to help out as an admin always.

Comment

hey nice to meet you niusyla!!!! I'm not so sure what parts are needed but so far we have a totally lost female wizard who is part kin to the Lone One. That would be me!!! And we have a crazy wizard cat, that part is played by non other than gryph, And I'm not too sure what the head of the playroom is but I think she's a wizard too, at least I hope so. Say gryph, what did we decided to put caitilin down as?????? ( Don'ty think I spelled that right.) But hey just pick a character and start writing about it's adventures, that's what i'm doing and it's really fun!!!!!!!!!! Like this,

(Tiff slumps on a pile of gold, lulled by eldest's snoring she drifts off slightly. Her manuel falls from her grasp and slides down the loot. In her dreams the same figures appear as before, she is roused by a gentle proding. Yawning she stares into Eldest's eyes as he greets her.

Eldest: GOOOOOOOD MORNING!!!!! Hope you don't mind but I have taken the liberty of making waffles. (Smiles really wide with foot long teeth)
                      Tiff: (Stares at the teeth) Eep!!! ( Tries to race away, but is held back by the dragon's tail)
                      Eldest: Wow, slow dowwn little buddy, you haven't even had breakfast yet! ( Lifts up a stack of waffles and shoves them into tiff's mouth)
                      Tiff: (Trying to speak as waffles are shoved into her face) But I'm not really hungry!!!! ( thinking deep within her mind) When will that crazy cat call me back???????

Comment

I tried to join, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Comment

What character were you interested in being josh? By the by, has anyone seen a strange girl wizard or a talking cat wizard???? I know a virtural girl who could really use their help right about now!!!!!

Comment

What does everyone mean when they say "I tried to join"????? Did I miss something here??? I thought all you had to do was sign on and talk?? Someone please explain to me what this is about!!!

Comment

News to me as well?!?! Maybe Josh meant the new stuff on another of DD pages! Sort of a library of information! I've tried but its not finsihed yet I dont think! There are only a few things up and running! Keep me informed if you do find out something please!
                              Thanks
                              Fox
                              God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Josh, I think Caitlin is offline until March.

Tiff, Fox, this topic is about the http://www.avidgamers.com/playroom role-playing site. You need to join it before you can play with the other people there.
                                Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Working...
                                X