Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old were you when you started reading the series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow. I feel so young. I'm only ten freaking years old! I started reading this series THIS MONTH! I'm on TWH right now.

Comment

• good times...good times...

Dont worry trevbook, I am only 12 yrs old on this very day September 18, 2009. I am almost 13. So this is how i came across the books:

I had this really great teacher(dont any of you dare laugh at her name, she was the nicest teacher in the world!!) Mrs.Stahl, (not to brag) was the upper level kids in 4th grade. I had a higher reading level than other kids and came to be in her class. As a farewell gift to going to middle school, she gave me the first book in the series! I still think of her as a very special friend. And if she had never given me the first book, I would have never known about the YW series!(very unlikely chance...I mean 20 or so expanse in years...yeah very low possibility)I was 10 years old (birthdays in January must have been, cuz she gave it to me RIGHT before the end of school).

I always think of it as a very cute story!

yeah...I dont know what she was thinking giving a 9 or 10 year old a young adult book...yeah...
      Last edited by chocolate101; September 18, 2009, 05:59:57 PM.
      (True,) the white hole said. (my name is Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephreidosd'enagooun i--) and at the same time he went flickering through a pattern of colors that was evidently the visual translation."Ky--elik" Nita began. "Fred," Kit said quickly.

Comment

• As i don't think i was even born yet when the books were released, I read them them when i was 13. They introduced me to both Young Adult books, and Science Fiction. Young Wizards is amazing! I hope Diane Duane keeps writing for a long time (and hopefully the next YW book won't take as long to be released )

Comment

• hectic popularity

i was 10... now im 12 and i have gotten all my friends to either get a copy, borrow mine, or steal them from eachother during lunch. it gets really hectic, but it's all in love of young wizards

Comment

• I'm eighteen. I started reading the books when I was in the seventh grade.... I think..... I don't remember actually. I read to much....
            If in a dewdrop there is a world of struggle, what happens when our dewdrop falls?
            Some people are like slinkies, pretty much useless, but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down the stairs.

Comment

• I started in sixth grade, approximately. It took me a few years to notice it and then read it. Unusually for me, I mixed the series' order up because I was so excited about it, and couldn't find them in order fast enough!

Comment

• Hmm. This will take some thinking. I guess I was in sixth grade. I've always read books at a higher reading level than other kids my age... because I read so much. I was looking for a book, and had never seen them before. I was in Borders, though I rarely go to Borders and like Barnes and Nobles better. It would have been nice to see them sooner, but it's fine this way too. So I guess I was eleven, but I'm not saying how old I am now.. sorry, just a little bit of paranoia (spelling?)... but I'm still young.
                "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

• My friends...weirdos

Originally posted by mollyculeofwater View Post
                  i was 10... now im 12 and i have gotten all my friends to either get a copy, borrow mine, or steal them from eachother during lunch. it gets really hectic, but it's all in love of young wizards
                  Same as mine! They always say how great the books are, and when I bring mine to lunch, at least one of them grab it and flip open pages!
                  (True,) the white hole said. (my name is Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephreidosd'enagooun i--) and at the same time he went flickering through a pattern of colors that was evidently the visual translation."Ky--elik" Nita began. "Fred," Kit said quickly.

Comment

• Looks like I'm still one of the youngest here. I'm eleven now and I started reading the books about a year and a half ago (I was almost ten). I found the series a bit hard to get through at first, and stopped before I read Wizards at War. About six months later I started again, and this time read them all.
                    Ars longa, vita brevis
                    (Art is long, life is brief) -- Seneca

Comment

• I was probably between 8 and 10 - my mom had the big omnibus from the Science Fiction Book Club that has books 1-3 in it. I've probably read the first three books 20 times over the last few years, but I found books 4-8 about four years ago.

Currently, I'm 25, and waiting anxiously for my books to be shipped back to me from Rhode Island, where I let a friend borrow them. Fan for life! \m/

Comment

• I was seventeen. I started reading them in either March or April, I believe. But hey, I'm having my mom read them, and she's quite a bit older than me, so I don't feel as bad for starting so late! I'm just sad that I'm too old to become a wizard now. *sadface*

Comment

• I started reading them a couple of years ago probably when I was 10, after getting them from my mom.
                          "These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others."-Groucho Marx

"What is scientific fact? An oxymoron. Science does not deal in facts. It deals in hypotheses, which are never fully and finally correct."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

• I was 13 when I first started reading the series... that was many years ago unless I use the YW timeline.

I think my son will get the 'youngest read to' award though. I'm currently listening to the audiobooks with him, he is 6 yrs old so I will have to have answers ready for the deep questions he will ask during Deep Wizardry. I may not continue past A Wizard Abroad though; I don't think he's ready to know that even mother's don't live forever.

Comment

• I was ten when I started reading the series, and I'll be eighteen in a month. A friend gave me "So You Want to Be a Wizard" and "Deep Wizardry" for my tenth birthday, and I read them and wanted more. Of course, I've run into the problem the last couple of years of having to wait for new ones to be published... :P

Comment

• I was 11 or 12 when I found "So you want to be a Wizard" in my school library. I read the first and second books that year. I read books 3-8 this year. So I started the books about 6 years ago.
                                "But your dark Master has neither authority nor right to judge us. Therefore stand away, lackey, and keep silent in the presence of your betters."

Comment

Working...
                                X