No announcement yet.

ARG... can't wait any longer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 11 and I buy my books on A bookshop named Borders and on another one named CastleBooks on Puerto Rico.

From,

db_pr

"Lone Power, I accept your gift!
    But take my gift of equal worth:
    I take Death with me, out of time,
    and make of it a path, a birth!"
    "Let the teeth come! As they tear me,
    they tear your ancient hate for aye--
    so rage, proud Power! Fail again,
    and see my blood teach death to die!"
    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

Not sigs, just avatars, and you're right, it's peculiar. I suppose becasue they're quite generic, and also they interest the people who read these books, becasue Nita was an amateur astronomer, so... Plus we know DD's interested in astronomy to some extent.
      T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
      Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
      Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
      Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
      My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
      Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

She is? I didn't know that. It seems like I don't know very much.

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
        *Agent~M*
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
        "I could live

Comment

I think so... can't remember where I read that, though. Her blog often mentions astronomical "events" and things she finds interesting that a lot of other people wouldn't know about. I mean, I don't think she's an observer or anything (except special things like partial eclipses) but I think, (emphasise think) she's quite interested. Certainly she displays a pretty good grounding in fact for most/all of the astronomy mentioned in the books (as far as I can tell. I'm far from expert. Our resident Physics Geeks seem to think it's pretty good, though) and there really is an unusual amount of astronomy... but hey, I really don't know.
          Ka Kite
          Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Well it makes sense if she is cuz there's a lot of Astronomy in the series.

*Agent~M*
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
            "I could live

Comment

Originally posted by Birdhead:
              I think so... can't remember where I read that, though. Her blog often mentions astronomical "events" and things she finds interesting that a lot of other people wouldn't know about. I mean, I don't think she's an observer or anything (except special things like partial eclipses) but I think, (emphasise think) she's quite interested.
              I've been profoundly interested in astronomy ever since our family's lawyer gave me a subscription to Sky and Telescope when I was eight. (And when I think about it, probably my entire career as a writer, and all the really important things that've happened to me in my life, could be said to hinge on that one act.)

Every month I read New Scientist and S&T and Scientific
              American
              and various other magazines and publications that deal with astronomy either primarily or tangentially. They're good sources of story ideas, but more importantly (for me at least) they keep me informed about what's going on outside this little atmospherically-picket-fenced place that we think of as the world. That's the rest of the world, all that stuff Out There, and it's important to know what's going on in it...or what went on centuries or millennia ago...not just because it might happen to us eventually. But to know.

Or so I think.

-- DD
              -- DD

Comment

You're not alone.
                T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Cool. That doesn't surprise me, there's a lot of science in your books DD, which is good, it makes them all the more convincing and good.

*Agent~M*
                  "I could live

Comment

God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Like always, pretty much anything and nothing.

*Agent~M*
                      "I could live

Comment

God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Yay!
                          And I guess we do talk a lot, but we're not usually on at the same time. Sometimes, but not often.... anyway, I'm sure you can do fine. It's a pretty dumb competition anyway....
                          T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

I too find Astronomy Extremely interesting. After all, I've wanted to be an Astronaut since the 2nd grade. It was a picture of what a moon base might look like 20 years from then that got me hooked. I guess that was what really got me into Science Fiction and Fantasy. Up to that point it had been Mystery, Mystery, Mystery. This all shows why I like The Young Wizard series so much. It takes Fantasy, Wizards, and combines it with science fiction such as Entropy, other planets, white and black holes. How much better can it get?

-IV-
                            Ipha
                            -IV-
                            Ipha
                            Dai Stihò

Comment

It's not dumb, just pointless. I just try to beat Birdhead at posts because I am competitive, and it would be really fun to beat her and rub it in her face (just kidding, really) Also normally me and Birdhead aren't normally on at the same time unless she's on at my 6 or 7 o' clock, but yeah we talk a lot, so what?

*Agent~M*
                              "I could live

Comment

OK, pointless then... and you're right, it's fun. But you'll never have a chance to rub it in my face, will you?
                                T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Working...
                                X