Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather be my own little evil one... I'm NOT one of the Lone One's mindless minions.

Nah.... I think I'll pass....

Comment

i am HEE HEE HEE (well not in the RPG, but maybe I should become one!)

Comment

Responses to various discussions on this thread:

Re "Uh Oh": I seem to recall that certain (older) Macintosh computers 'said' "UhMaxwell equations' [which, along with the 'Lorentz force law,' completely describe classical electromagnetism]).

Ubi materia, ibi geometria. --Johannes Kepler

Non doctrinam, sed perspicuitatem quaero.
        Omnia disce, videbis postea nihil esse superfluum.

Comment

*cough* Physics person*cough* What a scientific mind! I think that's the worst thing about trig... I know I have to have it, so I do it, but I really don't like it. I can't just hate it and not do it! And I have "practical difficulties" in geometry. (In my Math report last year "Tui has done very well in a topic she has practical difficulties in." Thanks, Mrs Francis...) But geometric algebra? Sounds GOOD (maybe I'll get it right!)
          You could copy? I tried to copy the text (for the exact same purpose. I wouldn't hand it out or anything) but it wouldn't do it for me (which didn't really bother me. I wasn't interested enough to type it out). And you think June...hmmm. That's quite soon. Yay!
          Ka kite
          Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
          Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
          Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
          Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
          My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
          Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Thanks for the compliment, Birdhead! <Insert self-deprecatory remarks here>

I didn't have any trouble copying the text --your problems may be caused by your browser (I was using Opera at the time).

Best of luck with getting along well with trigonometry --I don't remember being terribly enamored with it myself on our first encounter (though I don't think that I had a very good textbook), but we now are on excellent terms.

Just so you know, the use of algebra to solve geometry problems (and vice versa) is called 'algebraic geometry' (though I rather like the term 'geometric algebra' myself).

Nathan

Comment

....Maxwell equations' (which, along with the 'Lorentz force law,' completely describe classical electromagnetism)
              Actually, you can derrrive the Lorentz force law from the Maxwell eq's....
              (If you are going to get physical, I will get physical....)
              "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Wilf (to continue the physics discussion): While I know that one can obtain the 'usual Lorentz force' (i.e., the one with the BF = qE), which I didn't realize it was possible to get from Maxwell's equations (though such a derivation is certainly something for me to look forward to seeing if it is indeed possible).

Nathan

Comment

what website is the rpg thing?

only in darkness, can there be light!

Comment

www.avidgamers.com/playroom sorry for the oneline Lee but I don't know what else to say.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)
                    "Not all who wander are lost"- J.R.R. Tolkien
                    "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself." - (Yogi Berra)after being told he looked cool
                    Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                    ------------------------------------------------------------
                    "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

thankyou for the link db_pr.

only in darkness, can there be light!

The dog played with the cat, and the cat shredded the dogs ears and left the dog by the window.

Comment

Working...
                      X