X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh Oh... (the new excerpt!)

Comment

Did you notice, it's approximately the same time for Nita that it is for us? Within, oh, a week? Now that's cool! Also, her weather is just like mine- which is just wrong, since I'm on the other side of the world.

The Carmela/Speech thing- well, that does add in an interesting dimension to the Carmela a Wizard? Debate. It's also kinda interesting because the Speech seems to have this double thing- on one level, it's the language everybody knows and can hear. On the other, it's the language only wizards and, um, non-humans speak, and hear. or perhaps it's just speak. Perhaps you can understand if you're a non-wizard, but not speak it, or not unless, like Carmela, you learn us. Or, it could just be the mysterious WL at work. It does seem to be rather... active, doesn't it?
      Also on Carmela... "shop." Hehehe... poor Kit.

Dairine's in a Choir. Yay! Music! Only vaguely referenced, but still. It's offensive to my sensibilities that, in a series about teenagers, no-one seems to play an instrument, or do anything actively musical. Yes, I know, lots of people don't do anything musical, but still, lots of people do. Also, I'm in my school choir. So it makes me happy on a couple of levels.

One of the Quoty things at the beginning: ( Nice we got to see those, actually) "What, can the devil speak true?" from Macbeth- this really makes me think t's going to be the Lone One that they have to deal with, and that maybe he even has something truthful to say... it's just something that supports the blurb, but still, kinda interesting.

"Evolution can have a lot of dead ends. And I'm getting really tempted to end this one with a hammer." What can I say? That's one of the funniest things I've heard in a while. Especially the thought of taking a hammer to a TV.

*grins* well, now that we've got the first exceprt... think it's time to start dying for the next?? I'm just glad that DD is willing to post exceprts herself, free. A LOT of authors wouldn't.
      Ka kite
      Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
      Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
      Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
      Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
      My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
      ON HOLIDAY! Wooo!
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Comment

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally a new exerpt, and this ones REALLY good. I can't wait for the next one.

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

I am so much more pumped for this book then the next Harry Potter. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Comment

Oh... I think we should probably wait a bit before we start screaming for a new one. Not long, mind. Just.. yeah, a week sounds good.

Yeah, I noticed Nita's weather because it should be opposite to mine, but it's not. On the other hand, what does it do in autumn? Rains. What does it do in spring? Rains. Says it all, really.

I would be more pumped up for this than HP, but I don't like to torture myself. HP's coming out sooner. hopefully. I mean, if it comes out on time this time. I'm hoping HP will tide me over until I can get my hands on Holiday.
              Ka Kite
              Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
              ON HOLIDAY! Wooo!

Comment

It will for me! HP5 will be the longest book I've read. And this time it will be a challenge! I hope it's not late though, last time it was two years late!

*Agent~M*
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "I could live

Comment

Ah... well, I'd like to say I think HP might last me for a while.However, that'd be a lie. It'll probably be a day in the first read, and then I'll re-read it twice, and it'll all be over within a week. Tragedy... Hmm, the longest book I've read would be... uh... I have no idea. probably one of the Wheel of Time books...
                  Ka Kite
                  Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                  ON HOLIDAY! Wooo!

Comment

Yea it will probably only take me a day and a half but I don't like to re-read books right after I've read them. Also Birdhead, have you finished City of the Beasts?

*Agent~M*
                    "I could live

Comment

Probly the longes book I've read is Mists of Avalon...

But anyways Im muched more excited about this book than HP5

Comment

Comment

A quarter? That much? Wow, I didn't notice that. I can see why it might have some bad consequences, but it definitely wouldn't stop me buying the book. The only thing stopping me buying the book is that it's not actually out here, and that I couldn't afford it if it was. OK, that was two reasons. Anyways, I'm all in favour of excerpts, but not if it starts affecting sales!
                          Agent M- it's sitting on top of the piano. I'm going to finish it today, I promise! I don't always re-read books directly after, but if it's something I've been waiting for for a while, or if it's something like HP, I do- especially with HP, there's so much detail that it bears a lot of re-reading very well.
                          Ka Kite
                          tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                          ON HOLIDAY! Wooo!

Comment

Yea i guess you're right Birdhead. also Rysade even if there is a quarter of the book for Holiday I won't read it all, I didn't do that with Alone either. I want to save it for when I actually buy it. But I dont think there will be much more for Holiday, probably only one more chapter.

*Agent~M*
                            "I could live

Comment

Yeah, If I remember correctly, the excerpt ended with Kit's mom giving him permission to stay home from school so that he could get some work done, and her asking him why she could hear the tv and dvd player yelling at each other in Japaneese in the middle of the night. In the book, that's page 56. Looks like the book is 320 pages long, so I was off by a bit. 24/320ths to be exact. One quarter of the book would be 80 pages. I'll get the exact percentage of the book we were given in a moment...

I'm back. Man, do I like this AutoElipsis thing. Anyway, the percentage is 17.5 percent. that's closer to one sixth than to one quarter, actually. Mm...

320 / 56 = 5.7143

round 5.7143 to the nearest whole number...

320 / 6 = 53.3333

Pretty close. About 1/6 of the book was online. I really don't know why I'm posting all the math. Maybe it's to impress people. Aren't YOU

Comment

Working...
                              X