No announcement yet.

When is this book released???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't worry papercrane, i feel your pain (haha i didn't even plan the rhyming thing). my parents are going to make me wait until it is out on paperback....and i don't have much faith that my library will buy it, they don't have any of the yw series!!! AHHH

"It was my turn to save you, that's all. Now I want a few weeks off..."

it's not dying for a friend that's hard...no, what's hard is finding a friend worth dying for.
    Call me Q :-)

you never know who your real friends are until the hard times come. When it isn't all happy laughs and fun. sometimes your old friends will rough it & stay. but usuall they tend to fade away. If they fade, do not fear, bcuz better fr

Comment

*flaps hands* I accidentally clicked on PK's post -"So, can we talk about the book now?"- and, ARG!!! She's done this beautiful long post that looks SO exciting, and unless I resign myself to GHASTLY spoilers, (which, I'll confess, I did do with Alone...) I can't read it. Grr. Arg. *dies of frustration* Fsst! Plus, when I finally get it, everyone else will be all talked out...
      Sorry, I just HAD to tell people about that. No more, I promise.
      T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
      Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
      Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I doubt I'll be talked out. I still babble about HW given the opportunity, and I read that... it's got to have been close to ten years ago by now.

Comment

*sighs, crosses fingers* Hope so...
          *is very excited about New Book.* (Help, one-liner. Content! come to me!)
          T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Birdhead - how long do you have to wait before you can get the book down there in Kiwi-land? Because I sort of have an extra copy I could send you if you want........

Squash

Comment

I have no idea. It could be a month, it could be six months. I'm still no sure if Alone is available here, but that might just be a demand thing.
              You have a spare copy? *jawdrops* Uhm. That would be unbelievably... uhm. That would be very cool indeed, I'm just not sure if sending stuff half-way across the world to me is a good idea for you (since you don't even know if I exist. I do, but...). I would almost certainly have to talk to a parent. That is such a nice thought! I, uhm, am not entirely sure what to say at the moment. I'd have to think about it...
              T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Well, my goodness, how much could it possibly cost for me to send one book to New Zealand? I'd be happy to do it (and if your parents are worried, they should know I'm a perfectly boringly responsible teacher - background checked by the state and everything ).

I have two copies because I ordered one from Amazon, but it still wasn't here on the 4th, and I got tired of waiting and went to the bookstore, where it was right there on the shelf. Of course the Amazon package came today.....

Squash

Comment

Arrgh! Poopyheads!! Neither Borders nor Waldenbooks have a copy in yet. *paces back and forth on floor, wearing a hole in the linoleum* As I have said before, lucky I live Hawaii... except when it comes to shipping. And I'm too cheap to pay as much in shipping for 1 book as the book costs itself.
                  *resigning myself to a long ghastly wait*

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                  "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
                  "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                  "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

*jumps up and down*
                    AAAH!! I don't have it and it looks like I never will!
                    *bangs head against wall*
                    I'll probably have to wait years and years!
                    *whimpers*

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
                    -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
                    *Look kindly upon the decaffienated one*
                    http://pub15.ezboard.com/ftimeheartf...opicID=3.topic
                    My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                    OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                    --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

jeeez, you guys are almost as bad as I am when I am jealous. but none of you are as bad because in another topic, I posted something like
                      *burns house down in fury and rage*
                      anyways, I just get really frustrated sometimes when other people get something that I wanted more than them.

I love YW series. Blah blah blah blah blah, I also think a;ldskjghas;dglhas;dfgkh. I am really crazy and stupid and funny and dumb and extremely smart. I hope I get to know everybody wish I was registered for this place since it was first here.

Comment

*finally gets back to squash*
                        If you haven't become sick of my incommunicativeness on this issue and given Holiday to someone else, I finally found the right moment to ask my mother, and, wonder of wonders, she said YES. So... that would ba utterly fantastic. *checks profile* I don't _think_ you have your e-mail listed publicly, so could you possibly e-mail me at birdheadnz@hotmail.com so I can e-mail you with an address to send it to? Thanks!

More on this issue: well, actually, it might cost quite a lot- as well as the fact that I don't know if I feel comfortable just randomly being given a book. however, someone suggested to me that, rather than being paid in actual money which is pretty hard to send across the world anyway, you might appreciate something NZ that you can't get in the States? (The specific example here was "you never know who will take Vegemite in payment," but I know most people regard Vegemite as demonspawn. )

Ka kite
                        Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Well, hey, that's great! I'll be e-mailing you post haste. And as for the vegemite - no, thank you - but I have other ideas - maybe something Maori?

Squash (who will have to miss the chat today...bummer)

Comment

Working...
                          X