No announcement yet.

Grenfelzing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, grenfelzing. I still can't figure it out myself. And as for emmfozing, DD mentions it in probably a different context in one of her Star Trek: The Next Generation books called "Dark Mirror". It's on pg. 16, where the crew of the Enterprise is having trouble translating what a certain group of aliens is saying. It starts with the leader speaking, and this is the last part of the paragraph:

"Longterm effect," she said finally, "unknown, dangerous though, emmfozing, ending."
    Picard looked over at Troi. Emmfozing? he mouthed. Wide-eyed, Troi shook her head, helpless.

I find DD's allusions to YW in her other books endlessly amusing. This book also references The Song Of The Twelve, hyperstrings, and opera. (The opera thing is a Feline Wizards thing) And I'm sure there are lots more things, aside from her distinctive style, but I can't think right now haha. (Yay for lunch breaks!)
    ~Rachel

Comment

Originally posted by christmas View Post
      so if it's just like emmfozzing, except with chocolate, then the real question is, what is emmfozzing?
      I know exactly what emmfozzing is. It's like grenfelzing, but without the chocolate.

Comment

Working...
      X