Grenfelzing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grenfelzing

What exactly is grenfelzing? Do we know, even..maybe I'm just missing something? Someone please explain this to me!!
    What is the Meaning of Life?
    Read. Write. Dance. Live.
    ...Dai Stiho!

It's just like emmfozzing.

Except with chocolate.
    "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Isn't grenfelzing multi sensual multi galaxy chat? It must be easy to opperate if a non-wizard can figure it out. I mean, not involving magyk.
      By the way, love the sig, Garrett.
      I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

so if it's just like emmfozzing, except with chocolate, then the real question is, what is emmfozzing?

maybe i'm missing something totally obvious here and i sound really stupid
        Worlds biggest fangirl...future star of broadway...dictionary for the forum...in love with way to may fictional characters...You can call me Nate, everyone else does...I wonder if, when I finish my book, I'll have an awesome website with cool forums

Comment

I don't think you're missing anything...

The books don't really seem to say anything about grenfelzing, or emmfozzing, just that one involves chocolate. And that Carmela knows what they are.
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Hay I don't think you are missing much, I am going to check it up on the internet in one sec...checking, answer there is nothing on emmfozzing, and everything on grenfelzing is from Young Wizards.com, so for your answer I think it is something that DD just made up!
            Kardia

Comment

Yeah, when I google "emmfozzing," all it does is try to correct the spelling to "amazing."

I did find several icons that said "what is grenfelzing anyway?" however...
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

yeah, I always thought that it was just something that DD made up. If it is like emmfozzing, but with chocolate, and emmfozzing is intergalactic chat, then you must be able to exchange chocolate? or maybe, you have to pay a bar of chocolate to do it...

I am just making up something wierd. oh well, seeing as I am insane...
                Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

I just wonder if Carmela will turn into some type of person who smuggles chocolate to underaged extraterrestrials. I don't think so, but I guess you never know...
                  Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

grenfelzing, hmm... I've been thinking about what you can do over the internet (even if it has been magically tampered with) and I've come up quite short. It could be chatting, but that makes not much sense, so maybe it's a game? Like, an online game website, or...umm...huh, I'm falling short again. I really think it would help if DD could step in and tell us, but what fun would that be? I think it may be something of DD's imagination, but still, you have to admit, it is kinda fun to imagine the possibilities.OHH, maybe it could be some kind of cooking, but I don't think Kit would allow his family to tune into any cooking shows or websites from other planets, as we may be on their list of entrees.
                    ~We're the kinda friends that kill each other for a handful of Doritos and in the end we don't say sorry we say Haha! Too bad!!~. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

Comment

From the way Kit reacted when he found out Carmela was doing it, I always thought that it was something inappropriate, but I am sure that this thread will amuse DD to no end. I can remember when we had the 'top ten lines of W@W' thread floating about and all of our guesses about them. We got a comment, or was it in a chat, that DD was enjoying all of our guesses immensely. It could be something to ask DD at the next chat (if it happens).

Hasn't Carmela already smuggled chocolate to underaged extraterrestrials? I mean, she does seem to have a bit of a reputation and all...

Rubywolf said:
                      t must be easy to opperate if a non-wizard can figure it out. I mean, not involving magyk.
                      But Carmela is a special kind of non-wizard. We don't know of any other non-wizard person who has learned the Speech and participates/is dragged along/wants to be dragged along with the other wizards when they help the universe.

Wow, I just checked to see if the ErrantryWiki has anything on the matter, and there is nothing in there on either of them. So we can't use that to help us.

Comment

Carmella's something else, taht's for sure. But isn't it normal to use the speech in everyday topics on other planets? Maybe Carmella's just advanced for this planet.
                        I can create a world, out of letters and words. I can make you believe something in a paragraph. I can make you love someone in a page. I can make you go places that don't exist in a book. That's all the magic I need. [url]http://melpomene.freeforums

Comment

I thought that the Speech was really only associated with Wizardry and Wizards. Those who associate with Wizards might be able to speak/learn it. Most of the time that we meet the people of other planets, they are wizards... Although, now that I think about it, even when the people we meet are not wizards the main characters can understand them. I know this is explained in High Wizardry when Dairine first goes to the Crossings by having her manual translate it automatically into something that she can understand. Is it directly explained in any of the other books?

Comment

I think it may be something of DD's imagination, but still, you have to admit, it is kinda fun to imagine the possibilities.
                            Would dedicating a new thread to imagining what the possible definitions of grenfelzing be considered splitting hairs? Well, I've already introduced the idea here, so I might as well issue my formal challenge here:

Offer a definition of what grenfelzing could be...whether wacky, plausible, likely, or calculated to get the biggest reaction from Kit. While you're at it, perhaps you could suggest a related for emmfozing.

Let your imaginations run wild. :-)

Comment

Hey, I was just re-reading Holiday/War the other day and you totally reminded me of a brainwave I had: I think it's totally fondue. Emmfozzing could be standard fondue with melted cheese, and grenfelzing - same, but with chocolate (om nom nom.)
                              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Working...
                              X