No announcement yet.

"WH" paperback cover...any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I may have to disagree on the LP thing--you'll notice there're certain consistencies on all the covers, one of them being that either Nita or Kit (arg. typed "Nit or Kita" again @.@) appears, and another being that the LP's presence is at most implied, but never explicitly visible ^.^

Evangelion999 (do you mind if I call you Eva? your un is a bit of a mou--er, fingerfull...): DD lists links to sites about her faves on page two of homeward

Comment

I suppose it depends on which version of the covers, but your comment is probably true for the current/next covers.

On the Corgi covers, SYWTBAW has N+K facing an attacking helicopter, DW has Ed leaping from the water while N+K stand on the shoreline, HW has Dairine and Picchu falling through space towards a planet, while Dairine reads a book, and AWAb has an Irish landscape with a different one seen through a wide crack in a hill.
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

I have to agree with Sharklord. I think they should try to put all the characters on the cover. I like the Lone Power idea as well as Dairine and the other 3 wizards. But you can't forget Kit and Nita.
        "Life is pain, highnes. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
        ~The Princess Bride~

Comment

Sorry Peter, I'm going to have to correct you on that one-- the Corgi cover of High Wizardry has Kit and Picchu hovering above a planet while Kit is reading the manual.

While most of the new covers involve just Nita and Kit, remember that the AWA cover had Ronan too, however indistinctly. Add that to the fact that Dairine and the gang take a pretty central role in Holiday, I think that justifies Dairi's claim to a little cover time

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

Evangelion:
            Actually the mall scene was completely relevant, it helped develop Roshaun's character as well as Carmela (who is a major character now, regardless of being a non-wizard). It also helped develop Dairine a little (tolerance and personality wise) as well as being general anime style hilarity (which brings me to another question, mainly for DD herself, What kind of anime do you watch, since I always get the anime vibe from YW, especially in Wizard's Holiday).
            I suppose it is kinda a key sceen if you look at it like that, but it's not really linked to the plot, like what Nature_Wind said.
            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Originally posted by AlidaART:
              Sorry Peter, I'm going to have to correct you on that one-- the Corgi cover of High Wizardry has _Kit_ and Picchu hovering above a planet while Kit is reading the manual.
              D'oh! Picchu isn't even with Dairine until the end - why did I get mixed up like that?

Sorry, yes, it must be Kit - and having him reading makes much more sense.

Comment

Well, the book is about Dairi...

I think I'm all for more covers by the Digest edition artist... why not, hm? But for continuity, maybe it's best to stick with the hardcover artist, Cliff Neilson (isn't that right? He does Diana Wynne Jones sometimes too--and Vivian Vande Velde). Just as long as he gets a new Kit model

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

When is the paperback coming out?
                  Sorry for the short post. It's Poot's fault, not mine!

Comment

I'd like to know when the p/b is coming as well. Amazon doesn't have a listing for it as of right now, and neither does it have one for WaW, so I'm guessing they'll be released at the same time. Grr...I can't wait that long! That's almost a whole year between readings, since my library didn't get WH in until March 2004.

HW was actually the book that first attracted me to the series (I saw it at the school library), and that was the cover which shows Nita and Kit looking through a door with Dairine on the other side disappearing into the Martian landscape. Unfortunately, you apparently can't buy that version in stores anymore, only the 20th anniversary edition, unless you get the boxed set (which I don't need because I already own SYWTBAW and DW).

I liked the cover art for the hardcover of WH, so I'd be perfectly fine with that on the cover. A split cover would be neat as well, though, showing Dari and the three wizards on one half, and Nita, Kit, and Ponch on the other.

Comment

Amazon UK says April 2005 for the paperback of Wizard's Holiday, but they're not always right, of course. That's the Harcourt edition, since there's no UK publisher.

They're still saying October 2004 for Wizards at War. Wrong. See, told you they weren't always right.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Murray:
                        Amazon UK says April 2005 for the paperback of Wizard's Holiday, but they're not always right, of course. That's the Harcourt edition, since there's no UK publisher.
                        FWIW, Amazon US agrees.

They're still saying October 2004 for Wizards at War. Wrong. See, told you they weren't always right.
                        It's not October? *checks site* Ah, ****. Now I need to go play with Amazon orders.
                        --
                        Grr. Argh.

Comment

I'd like one with Dairine and co. Especially if it had anything to do with Filif in the changing rooms...
                          ~Rachel

Comment

*rolls eyes* yeah. Like that'll be popular! A picture of a tree in front of Victoria's Secret! Yayness. *more eye rolling*

Ahhh. APRIL. *cries*
                            penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphon:
                              Evangelion:
                              Actually the mall scene was completely relevant, it helped develop Roshaun's character as well as Carmela (who is a major character now, regardless of being a non-wizard). It also helped develop Dairine a little (tolerance and personality wise) as well as being general anime style hilarity (which brings me to another question, mainly for DD herself, What kind of anime do you watch, since I always get the anime vibe from YW, especially in Wizard's Holiday).
                              I suppose it is kinda a key sceen if you look at it like that, but it's not really linked to the plot, like what Nature_Wind said.
                              Yeah, that's what I meant. The main plot of the story is really focussed around Nita and Kit, and if there were to be a scene with Dari and the other wizards on the cover, it would probably have to be while they're saving the sun.

Comment

I cant wait to see what it will look like! I couldent wait until October to get the paperback so I spent 17 dollars on the hard copy in March or whenever it came out. It was money well spent, I must say.
                                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                                **Neets**
                                CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Working...
                                X