No announcement yet.

Wizard's Holiday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O Moderator, feel free to yank this if you feel it's inappropriate. Ms. Duane told us about this at a con in Minnesota, so I don't think it's classified, but you never know...

s
    p
    a
    c
    e

s
    p
    a
    c
    e

s
    p
    a
    c
    e

s
    p
    a
    c
    e

This was as of July 2002, so it's always subject to change until the book is actually printed and on the shelf. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Apparently, in Wizards' Holiday, Dairine decides Kit and Nita need a vacation, so she signs them up for an interplanetary exchange program.

Comment

Comment

Though I can't believe Nita's dad or Kit's parents would let them do such a thing. Especially after the...uh... *incident* at the end of Alone [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img].

Anyway, that would be so great! I can't wait! Only another year or so (I have got to teach myself to read slower... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]).

~Em~

"But victory's certain. Never think otherwise. There is loss, and there is pain, and in your home frame of reference, they're real enough, not to be devalued. But today the energy's running out of things just a little more slowly...for those who trust their hearts a measure." Diane Duane, A_Wizard's_Dilemma.
        "But victory's certain. Never think otherwise. There is loss, and there is pain, and in your home frame of reference, they're real enough, not to be devalued. But today the energy's running out of things just a little more slowly...for those who tru

Comment

Intriguing idea...if it's an interplanetary exchange program (which sounds like a scheme right up Dairine's alley), just imagine what kinds of wizards might be sent to hang out with Dairine on Earth in place of Kit and Nita! Wacky wizardry hijinks, possibly?

Squash

Comment

Bwah! Veiled references to "Alone"!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] These weren't major, but guys, be careful!

Stupid hardcovers. Stupid empty wallet. Stupid book-less-ness.

Je ne connait pas la peur. -Oui... tu aura peur, tu aura peur.
            -Star Wars
            it's so easy to laugh at yourself when all those jokes have already been written...
            who're you fooling if the fools are right?

Comment

Interplanetry exchange program sounds fun!!

And I like you Em have got to learn to read slower [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

*Nita*

Not old enough to love as yet-but old enough to die indeed.
              --DD Deep Wizardry

Comment

*Sigh* The prices of loving to read... you get so attached to your characters that you never want them to leave you...not that that's a bad thing or anything... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img].

~Em~

"But victory's certain. Never think otherwise. There is loss, and there is pain, and in your home frame of reference, they're real enough, not to be devalued. But today the energy's running out of things just a little more slowly...for those who trust their hearts a measure." Diane Duane, A_Wizard's_Dilemma.
                "But victory's certain. Never think otherwise. There is loss, and there is pain, and in your home frame of reference, they're real enough, not to be devalued. But today the energy's running out of things just a little more slowly...for those who tru

Comment

Dai Stiho!

Ok, even if there's parents didnt like it, what are they gonna do about it?

Kit said in book six that his parents knew that he couldnt really get grounded but that he didnt rub it in either...so maybe Dairine did the whole " make me " or " whatcha gonna do about it "
                  that would seem like her....

Dai Stiho

With great power comes great responsibility.

Donn MacGreine

Donn~~Celtic God of the Dead.

MacGreine~Tuatha de Danann God symbolizing the fire element.

Comment

That's awesome!! I can't wait for that one. That definitely sounds like something Dairine would do, although it also sounds like Nita's mom...
                    And Em- same problem. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

*Ella*
                    *Ella*
                    "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                    There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                    And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                    What could mean more than this?"
                    --Bright Eyes

Comment

That would rock if they went to space... I could just see Dairine at home, though, with a couple of alien wizards. Imagine what she could get up to!!! Oh no, now I can't wait until Wizards' Holiday comes out!!!

Comment

oh my, anyone got the wizardry for traveling to the future so I can buy some books? I hate the torture of waiting for a new book to come out. Is the Lone One using his favorite tool on the publishers and writers? I hope not, or I'll be one starving bookworm who's read the books since pretty much the begining.

Comment

Sorry, David & Fay--can't help you. I sympathize heartily though--after Wizard's Dilemma FINALLY came out, I remember dancing up to the sales counter, book in hand, telling everyone who would listen that I'd waited *eight years* for this. After that, you'd think I'd be more patient for the next one, seeing as they're only a year or so apart now. But no--I'm still checking the excerpt page every day....

Comment

I was curious about the back cover bit of A Wizard's Holiday. It said something about an ally, the Lone Power, and it seemed, to me, like the proposed deal in A Wizard's Dilemma. I could just be interpreting it in a different way than it was meant....

Comment

Mmm, I wouldn't worry about that if I were you. DD has described some of the details of this encounter to me, and I can safely say that this is going to be entirely different from the kind of thing that happened in Dilemma.

Lee / Forum Administrator
                              Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

I didn't read the rest of the replys until I made this.ewizard11 if you read the page 306 agian you see that that comment by nita was made jokingly.not permently or even temporerly Okay.

chase604@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X