Wizard's Holiday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wizard's Holiday?

Um, I'm confused? What is this _Wizard's Holiday_ Diane mentions in her weblog? Anyone got the info? I thought that the one was supposed to be _The Wizard's Challenge?_ ( I thought I remembered Diane mentioning that on Google?)

Hee! I like _Wizard's Holiday_ title better though....for many, many reasons. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Elizabeth
    "You come in here, you die. Then you will be fired. RR"- from one of my new favorite fics, "What a Tangled Web We Weaver" by Merrymime.

"Demon spawn but love the accent."- Birdhead, re: Ronan.

I googled the usenet archives, and as of two years ago the titles after A Wizard Alone were

<LI>Wizards' Crossings
    <LI>Wizards' Holiday
    <LI>Wizard's Challenge
    <LI>Wizards in Transit
    <LI>The Wizards' Knot

(Isn't it nice to know that Diane has a Plan for the series? It lets her do nifty arcs and foreshadowing and stuff. Not to mention soothing the withdrawl pangs after finishing the lastest book. "It's over- but there's more coming!")

Some of the titles, though, are very interesting. Wizards' Holiday, for example, sounds like it's not going to be much of a holiday at all. (Echoes of a "Busman's Holiday"- bonus points to anyone who can name the reference. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img])

-ae

Comment

Originally posted by Alia Elena:
      Some of the titles, though, are very interesting. _Wizards' Holiday_, for example, sounds like it's not going to be much of a holiday at all. (Echoes of a "Busman's Holiday"- bonus points to anyone who can name the reference. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img])
      If you're thinking of "Busman's Honeymoon", I thought of that too. :-)
      "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but I think it's in The Book of Night With Moon. Kit asks Rhiow if she travels much, working with gates and she says no, last time she got a vacation she ended up fixing a gate on Rirhath B, and one or the other comments "Wizard's holiday." I'd look it up and be more exact but I don't have the book with me.

Leisure without literature is death, or rather the burial of a living man
        Leisure without literature is death, or rather the burial of a living man

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett Fitzgerald:

If you're thinking of "Busman's Honeymoon", I thought of that too. :-)
          Garrett- yes, that's what I had in mind. Same vibe of "we're taking a bit of a break... fixing things in an entirely unprecented location." [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hopefully, it'll be somewhere offplanet, at least.
          [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

-ae

Comment

ot question...
            i've heard that there is actually a published book of night with moon, and, apparently, i heard right. i can't seem to find it anywhere, though--do you have to order it online, or something?

Comment

Ginny,

There is indeed such a book and it is/was sold in bookstores.

Book of Night with Moon

There is no other wisdom, and no other hope for us, but that we grow wise
              - Surak of Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Vendalin, Lord Raven:
                Ginny,

There is indeed such a book and it is/was sold in bookstores.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0446673021/ref=ase_theowlspringsparA/002-2451487-5146434

I prefer this link, so Diane gets an extra cut: http://www.owlsprings.com/bookman.html
                "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

whoo!!! thanks, guys. at least now (i hope) i can get them...my mom's terrified some psycho hacker is going to get into amazon and get our address and come murder us all or something. i'm still amazed she let me use her credit card last year to buy tickets to the harry potter movie online.

Comment

I don't think you have to go all the way to Amazon.com to get The Book Of Night With Moon my mom is also a freak someone is going to hack into our computer so I can't go onto Amazon but I got my book of Night..At Borders i dunno if that is any help.

*Nita*

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Alia Elena:
                        I googled the usenet archives, and as of two years ago the titles after _A Wizard Alone_ were

_+ Wizards' Crossings
                        + Wizards' Holiday
                        + Wizard's Challenge
                        + Wizards in Transit
                        + The Wizards' Knot_
                        I just want to say that the proper use of apostrophes fills my heart with joy.

Comment

Just a little something to think about- In the end of Alone (this isn't really a spoiler, but I'll make you scroll down just in case)

that's probly far enough.
                          Nita says she wants a few weeks off....
                          Uh oh.

*Ella*
                          "Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it."
                          -Helen Keller
                          *Ella*
                          "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                          There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                          And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                          What could mean more than this?"
                          --Bright Eyes

Comment

Just so I don't have to go looking through the whole book what page is that on?

*Nita*

Not old enough to love as yet-but old enough to die indeed.
                            --DD Deep Wizardry

Comment

It's on page 306.

Comment

Working...
                              X