Fav scene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fav scene?

I' surprised there arent more topics here, this is my favorite book! Anyway,

my favorite scene is probably when Dair and Roshaun are talking in the backyard and then they go to the moon. I also liked when they went to the mall with Carmella .

What's your favorite scene?
    Look closely at your next subway token... and talk to strangers...
    Darth Vader, look out. Here I come.
    iPsych- The Website for the Only Psych Podcast

*thinks* i'm not entirely sure...*Doesn't remember enough to pick a particular scene* lets just say i liked all the scenes and leave it at that. :P though any scene where they go to the moon is usually bound to be good.
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I love it when Dairine is first meeting Sker'ret, Filif, and Roshaun; the innocent delight of Sker'ret and Filif at Earth is great and Roshaun's aloofness always makes me crack up, esp. with Dairine's reactions to it Of course, I love the whole book, for the whole reason that we get to meet the awesome aliens
      "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
      Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

I have to say that my favorite scene is probably when Filif goes to the mall and tries on "decorations" which causes his disguise to falter... and you know the rest. But I like the whole book in general too.
        Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
        Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
        It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
        Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

I have the memory of a goldfish (which is actually a couple of months long), so I don't relly remember the book.

Of what I remember, the scene where Sker'ret starts eating everything in sight. I remember a particualar scene when some glass bottles of something are knocked down and he starts eating. Dairine told him to stop, I think, but decided that if he wanted to eat it, she wouldn't have to clean it up.

XD I love it!
          From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

One of my most favorite scenes in the book is the one where Nita binds Esemeli with the Binding Oath. It's just funny because...it's just plain manipulation. And the Lone One knows it!
            I think everyone mentioned all my other favorites.

Comment

I would have to say that one of my favorite scenes is when Carmela comes to the Callahan's house and meets the guests for the first time. Dair is sleeping...Filif/'Mela wake her...'Mela tells Sker' that he's adorable, and he says 'Mela is not bad for a biped(or something like that)
              I am pretty sure that by now everyone knows what I am talking about and if yo do not, it is on page 183; paperback version. I agree with dorotheia that everyone has already mentioned all of my other favorite scenes.
              ~We're the kinda friends that kill each other for a handful of Doritos and in the end we don't say sorry we say Haha! Too bad!!~. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

Comment

My favorite scene was when Quelt made the Choice for the people of Alaalu. I liked how DD described them as light escaping from the world, and how she wrote that lightening struck all areas and all that could be seen was blinding light covering the world.
                Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash78 View Post
                  I would have to say that one of my favorite scenes is when Carmela comes to the Callahan's house and meets the guests for the first time. Dair is sleeping...Filif/'Mela wake her...'Mela tells Sker' that he's adorable, and he says 'Mela is not bad for a biped(or something like that)
                  I am pretty sure that by now everyone knows what I am talking about and if yo do not, it is on page 183; paperback version. I agree with dorotheia that everyone has already mentioned all of my other favorite scenes.
                  This was my favorite seen too. I love how she walks in all cool and collected and grabs all of their eyes, and then she singles out filif and...and... it wa just funny she put Roshaun in his place!

The only thing i wish was that she'd made good on the wish, like literally gone out with filif that would have been hilarius
                  It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
                  That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

Originally posted by Septimus View Post
                    This was my favorite seen too. I love how she walks in all cool and collected and grabs all of their eyes, and then she singles out filif and...and... it wa just funny she put Roshaun in his place!

The only thing i wish was that she'd made good on the wish, like literally gone out with filif that would have been hilarius
                    LOL you keep saying that. Obviously someone has a fascination with threes. What about Liused, I keep thinking about Filif and Liused, and I keep wondering why DD didn't put in a conversation between these two. I mean they would've been cute together, and I love the idea of conversating trees.
                    Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Ooh, this is a very tough choice... But a good topic...

My favorite scene of WH, is when Nita and Kit help the people of Allalu (sp?). I haven't read that book in a while; I need to reread it. But at the end, when Quelt was thanking them; I liked that part.

Either that, or their first arrival on Allalu, when there's the description of how it looks... I thought that was very beautiful.

And, who can forget the Victoria's Secret incident... Ahaha... I think I laughed for about three days, the first time I had read that... It's just so imaginable. I still laugh, every time I go near or in a Victoria's Secret.
                      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Hmmmmmm.
                        This is quite hard...
                        I would have to go for Victoria's Secret, the meeting of Dair and Roshaun, and the one sceen we didn't get to see-on the moon
                        “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”
                        -Groucho Marx

Comment

I developed a new favorite scene. I loved reading about when Dair and Roshaun went home to the mobile's world and they sat in those two chairs talking. The fact that thought was all you needed to get what you want in that world was so cool to read about. I also loved that scene because it was one of the main one's where Dair and Roshaun talked about the necklace and that was when they started evaluating their relationship, and that was incredibly humorous to read about.

Comment

Working...
                          X