Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So can we actually discuss the book now? (SPOILERS WITHIN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wizardfool111:
    Just a thought. Has anyone thought of the possibility that maybe wizards at war means something more local like a disagreement between nita and kit?
    It doesn't. I promise you.

If some frictions come up between them in the course of the book, okay -- but believe me, if I dropped you into the middle of World War IV, I bet you'd get a little tense too.

Enough said.

-- DD
    -- DD

Comment

Originally posted by Diane Duane:
      but believe me, if I dropped you into the middle of World War IV, I bet you'd get a little tense too.
      DD, what do you mean by that...?
      NO! No more disagreements between Nita and Kit!!! They were seperate enough in the 5th and 6th books! I like the 7th one better then almost all the other ones because they were friends again!

*Agent~M*
      "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
      "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
      "In the Cookies of life, your friends are the chocolate chips" -Sam
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

Yes I agree I like it best when nita and kit are friends! I didnt really think that nita and kit would be supposedly in a war in the coming book but I just thought I would bring it up as a topic of conversation! oh well Im glad thats all cleared up now and I know for a fact now that nita and kit are still going to be friends

Comment

Okay. I don't know if this has already popped up but I don't want to look through every post and add on to it.
          When the sun was "broken" in Holiday, didn't they only to a temporary fix? I was re reading it earlier and Roshaun says: There are ways to permanently fix the problem, but those take a lot of time, there are also ways to temporarily fix the problem, which gives us time to permanently fix it."
          Or something similar to that. And then Filif says: "So what's the best way to go about it?"
          Again, something similar to that. And then Roshaun says: "Bleeding the Star"
          And then they go fix the star yaddah yaddah.
          I might have misunderstood this but it sounds like they only temporarily fixed the Sun..... Any ideas?

*Agent~M*
          *Agent~M*
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "I could live

Comment

Well, as Roshaun said, they may have fixed it temporarily, but that's so that they can go back later and permanently fix it. They had to do something about it as soon as possible, or else it would have gone nova, and a temporary fix was better than nothing. I'm assuming that it's permanently fixed later (if it doesn't come up in the next book).

That's the most times I've used the word 'fix' in a single paragraph. Ever. I think. O.O
            ---

Heaven is calling
            From a rainy shore
            Counting wounded lights falling into their dreams
            Still searching for an open door
            - Sarah Brightman, "The War Is Over"

Comment

Dai Aerith!
              But if it was a temporary fix then shouldn't the go and permanently fix the sun ASAP?

*Agent~M*
              *Agent~M*
              "I could live

Comment

The permanent fix options might be elaborate enough to require waiting until the seniors get back, I suppose... evidently they at least require quite a bit of planning, and I'd guess it would be better to get a little rest first! (In other words, yes, they should probably do the permanent fix as soon as possible, but it's possible it isn't possible yet. And now I'm just getting silly.)

*grins* I still keep wondering whether this has any connection to when the sun got temporarily put out in SYW, but then I rather thought that was pretty firmly corrected by the Book.

Comment

While the sun probably does need fixing ASAP, if World War IV is starting up soon, as the end of Holiday seemed to suggest, they won't have much time to fix it. Hopefully though, the temporary fix they gave it is enough to hold it for a while.

Any ideas on who the war will be against? I was thinking maybe all the LP copies will join together against the wizards...but they don't seem like the type of people who would work well in a group together.

Comment

Yeah, hopefully.... Or maybe as all the wizards are fighting the sun blows up and kills them all!!! MUHAHAHAHAH!!!! JK.

*Agent~M*
                    "I never thought I'd die standing side by side with an Elf." "What about dying side by side with a friend?" "Aye. I could that."
                    - Return of the King
                    *Agent~M*
                    "I could live

Comment

ok...maybe Im a little slow or something, but could someone explain what the end was about. I didnt get the whole thing about the call Nita got on her dads cell phone from mars, or why she said to Kit "holiday's over",and what was up with spot at the end??

Comment

Ziggs: Well, remember near the beginning of the book, where Nita and Kit were talking about going on the exchange program? They mentioned, among other things, some work they'd been involved with (or were about to get started) on Mars. I don't know how whoever called from Mars got her dad's number. Presumably, Nita said "holiday's over" because, well, they'd just gotten a call about their regular wizarding work and needed to get back to it.

Spot's panic looks like setup for the next book. I suspect it's related to whatever has so many of the senior and/or advisory wizards so busy. But I won't go on too much about that; it's further up in the thread.

PK

Comment

not to mention the fact that they can't go back to their host planet

Comment

Thank you so much, PK. I completely forgot about their thing on mars in the begining. I guess I am a bit slow ,but that helped greatly. I get it now.

ziggs

Comment

What were all the senior wizrdas up to that they were away? Was it the pcoming war? Or something else?
                              Also, how often would a galactic arm co-ordinator get invloved with a solar system's star?

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation
                              "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Working...
                              X