Magic Real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Real?

Magic! I find myself with that question...real or not?

edited to remove ???s from the topic title --kli.
    "Nobody's impression on life is so important that it outweighs honesty."
    - Duncan Ballard

Depends on your definition. Whether you call it magic, a miricle, karma, whatever... it is really what you believe in. All things are possible to the believer.

I think that magic can be a beautiful sunset.. (and we have some spectacular ones here during the monsoon season)

So, Duncan, what kind of magic are you wondering is real?
    -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
    The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

I am talking about magic like you want something to happen and it does....that kind...none of the Wicca junk...
      - Duncan Ballard

Comment

Hehe. I am TOTALLY staying out of this conversation. I'd only get myself digitally lynched.

Owies.

Comment

Duncan - I don't know if you have ever read anything by Joanne Harris (she wrote 'Choclat' and 'Blackberry Wine') but she writes a lot about 'laymans alchemy' and 'everyday magic' She also writes, in the 'French Cookbook', about how cooking is like magic, making somthing great out of a few ingerdenits.
          I don't know if this acually helps much for your is magic real question.

Comment

Well i am asking YOU the question. I want to know if you think magic is real and if you beleive in it. I also want to know if you have had and magical...incidents as i call them. one I was talking to my sister (We're twins and we have this little "i can read your mind thing" cause we're twins.) and i wrote a poem about rain...i fix it up and then i read it aloud...whe ni finished the last line of the poem lighning struck out my window and we both jumped...2 seconds later it started to rain...i erased the poem from my computer and burned it of the written paper...i dare not say it again! I think it was quite possible a quinky dink...but...there i should never underestimate my own power...
            - Duncan Ballard

Comment

Good question. I don't believe things generally happen by accident, though I'm not sure strange things happen for the reasons we think they do sometimes. I certainly believe in miracles. That's because I believe in a benevolent higher power who organized and understands this universe and so can change and manipulate it for our benefit. I've seen him at work in people's lives and ordinary events that didn't seem important to anyone else. But I'd have to say, the greatest magic to me is the kind that helps a person live a better and more complete life. Gives them strength to make good choices and (if necessary) good changes. The most important wizardry to me is goodness and health in the souls of people around me.
              I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

You guys, I would be angry if there was an alternate universe full of magic. I would say "AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?!"
                Anyways I kind of hope magic is real and in my little world in my mind it is. But I kind of think that real HP and YW magic isn't real. Deep down.
                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Well have any one of you had a lucid dream? They are fun...it is when you are alittle awake in you dream and you can control it. I had my first one about a day ago. I was able to channel and use wizardry. i blew up my housse though. I finally woke up when i tried to contro wind. I felt good to conrol power. I was one with the wind! It felt soooo good i did not wanna wake up...but controling the wind was alot of work and power so i could not handle it. I am still wondering if it was a good dream or a nightmare. Magic is real i think..cause after my lucid dream it was howing wind outside and it smelled like smoke...quinky dink or not that is what happend.
                  - Duncan Ballard

Comment

you should also hear bout the time my brother threw 10 balls and beanie babie and then but a bag on my head i pick up every beanie baby and ball and threw it at him as he was moving..never one did i miss..he told me when i took of the bag...that was weried.
                    - Duncan Ballard

Comment

N E 1 gonna respond....
                      - Duncan Ballard

Comment

Nope NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! hee hee :P Don't cha just love me??

"We pray for our sorrows to end,
                        and hope that our hearts will blend.
                        Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
                        And who knows:
                        starting a new journey may not be so hard
                        or maybe it has already begun.
                        There are many worlds,
                        but they

Comment

ya i love ya...alot! ^____^

Well i know what some of you think...but what do all of you think...don't just sit there looking at the computer like the is...obsecen...images on it. Start typin...i wanna know what you think! It is enough that i am crazy but hey...show me i am not alone!

P.S. Please...no more "one liners"..we are all big peoples here...i hope...
                          - Duncan Ballard

Comment

Magic... The kind that you're talking about I don't beleive in. Something breath-takingly beautiful is magic enough for me. Something that I'll never forget is stepping out of school and seeing a crack in the clouds with light shining down on the earth below. Ever wonder how Christians get the idea of heaven?

We have quite a few similar topics like this, don't we?

Hehe... Sam has a way of complaining about something and cursing it. Yep. :P

Coincidents? They happen, so suck it up. Think of coincidents more in terms of math and probability.

Unexplainable things, or at least weird things, are the creators of religion and 'magic.' Religion is also hope for some people. I don't beleive in Fate or any kind of 'being.'

Duncan:
                            Well have any one of you had a lucid dream? They are fun...it is when you are alittle awake in you dream and you can control it. I had my first one about a day ago. I was able to channel and use wizardry. i blew up my housse though. I finally woke up when i tried to contro wind. I felt good to conrol power. I was one with the wind! It felt soooo good i did not wanna wake up...but controling the wind was alot of work and power so i could not handle it. I am still wondering if it was a good dream or a nightmare. Magic is real i think..cause after my lucid dream it was howing wind outside and it smelled like smoke...quinky dink or not that is what happend.
                            Fun... I have those a lot, but nothing happens. heh. Sometimes I have dreams where I panic when I wake up. "Oh no! I'm gonna fail science cuz my project is due today!" Dreams like that sometimes I have to check the calendar. Lol.

S'weird, Duncan. Really cool, but really weird. There are a lot of members here who do beleive in magic. I'm sure BeleiverInWizardry does. :P
                            Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Ya..i have a few of those..."Ima gonna fail science" ones. They happen the day i am gonna take a big tes. The really make me panic...
                              - Duncan Ballard

Comment

Working...
                              X