Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, kaiba4ever, for the word on Tailchaser's Song. I've also had Williams's Memory, Sorrow & Thorn recommended to me, but haven't yet had time to get around to it.

Actually, I sometimes like trying to read the Feline Wizard books aloud, just to make the cat noises of Ailurin.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Ah, its been a long time since I read any of these - Like someone else said, I first read Book of Night with Moon 'cause I thought it would be the actual think...*ponder* wonder if that makes us power-crazed *grin*

I think the young wizards ones have more tension and suchlike, the Feline Wizards books just didn't absorb me in quite the same way. Having said that, I -love- the portrayal of the various animals...they just seem so real. And the game (I can't remember what its called) with the territories and suchlike is so what they actually do! Their views on things just seem so real, I assume DD has a love of animals, she must have observed them a lot to make these books so intriguing in the complexity.

Just a side note about "Tolkien's stock elves" - just because I have to defend Tolkien as an immensely fantastic writer - I'm fairly certain they are only considered "stock" now because LOTR is so well known...Tolkien's elves are his own, and the background to them is immense, (ever read the Silmarillion? It's hard going but fascinating if you can get past the fractured-ness of it)

I'm going to have to try reading some of these books which have been recommended - I'm all out of new books and I can't buy Wizard's Holiday til it comes out in paperback...*snuffle*
      ~~ a.k.a Knight of Ni! ~~

Comment

Comment

A book I've got lists three Feline Wizards books, including The Big Meow, but apparently the first two didn't sell well enough for the publisher to want the third.

So, DD presumably has some plan for at least one more FW book, but it's not likely to be written. Oh well .
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

That is a shame! I remeber talking about book 3 before! And I stick to what I said then, the feline books are a aquired taste Some people like them and others dont!! But me. I SAY BRING ON BOOK 3!!!!! And another leading role for the dino wizard! I can never remember his name! I know it begins with a 'I' and i think there are a 'T' and 'H' involved too! argh!!! I hate not being able to spell and remember spellings!!!
            Fox
            God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I have Tailchaser's Song! I nearly forgot about it. I got it at a used book sale after reading ... this is really sad. Give me a moment. Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn! *cheers* I just started Eragon, and I'm afraid that if I pick up anything else, I'll forget about Eragon. That's what I did with Inkheart.

Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn was really good. It seemed to drag on in the end, but it could've been just because it matched (or beat) LoTR in length. And maybe I should try TBoNWM again and get the second one.

Niusyla, I think I might've seen Holiday out in paperback. Could be wrong. I really wanted to wait for the paperback, but oo, the peer pressure. XD

Dino wizard. Hmm.
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

What took you so long! I thought you had read Eragon months ago! Its a great book I thought and the film is out this year! Its not bad for his first book. I tracked down the very first copy of Eragon on ebay [The 1st copyies was printed by his parents and are rare!] and they were selling for £750 which is approx $1300 I think!! I mean wow!
                Fox

Comment

Hee hee hee...
                  Originally posted by Fox:
                  And another leading role for the dino wizard! I can never remember his name! I know it begins with a 'I' and i think there are a 'T' and 'H' involved too! argh!!! I hate not being able to spell and remember spellings!!!
                  It's... Ith! You had all the letters, and you had them all in the right order. It's not so hard, really .
                  (I just couldn't resist that. You were so close to saying his name, but you didn't believe you had it right.)

Comment

The Big Meow, hmmm? Oh, to be independently wealthy, and able to fund entire print runs.
                    May have to go purchase a lotto ticket. Using a little wizardry for a good cause can't be that unethical (Oh, the LP has finally got my number... goes off singing)

Comment

I do like the FW books, but I just can't get into them as much as the YW books. They're just...different. I made it through BONWM and I loved it, but now with To Visit The Queen I just can't get through it, expecially with the new cat characters.

I like your siggy, kaiba4ever.

Eragon is awesome. Read it. It's worth it, definitely. I've read it at least three times, and it's still great.
                      Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                      "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                      "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

Yeah Lisa My sort of person!! Ive been after the deluxe edition for months!! I know its in the USA but Britain is yet to have it it has the first chapter of Eldest in it!!

By the way people just an update. Ive just finished book 6 of the disc world series!! only like another 20 to go
                        Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Katrina L. MacWhirter:
                          The Big Meow, hmmm? Oh, to be independently wealthy, and able to fund entire print runs.
                          May have to go purchase a lotto ticket. Using a little wizardry for a good cause can't be that unethical (Oh, the LP has finally got my number... goes off singing)
                          I just found a reference to The Big Meow in the new version of the Errantry Concordance. It's just my guess that DD hasn't given up on the idea yet. (Maybe her cats won't let her.)

Comment

It's nice to know you are a Tolkien fan also, Katrina I can see what you mean about everyone using his ideas though, he made such an impact on fantasy writing!

Gryphon, you think you saw WH in paperback?? *goggle* its not out til June 1st i don't think... maybe it was secretly a manual in disguise...*runs off to find it just in case*
                            (on a side note, dontcha just wish sometimes that your copy of SYWTBAW turns into the manual? 'Cause Dairine only saw it as a fiction book to start with...may just be wishful thinking again though....)

It's a shame I don't know any people around me who read them, or I'd steal the hardcover copy off them but I don't...and they never come into the bookshops...so it's Amazon pre-ordering for me im afraid.
                            ~~ a.k.a Knight of Ni! ~~

Comment

I recently got to read _Creatures of the Night_ (standing up in the bookstore. I am a bad person.) and now I would really like to see Neil Gaiman and DD collaborate on a cat story. Is this a crazy idea, or do you think it could happen?

kli, when you say "mod powers", does this mean you are a Mad Mod Witch?

Comment

I finally read these! All right! Hmmm . . .I'm intrigued by the concept of hauissh.
                                I lurk. It's what I do.
                                "Always put off until tomorrow what you can do today."

Comment

Working...
                                X