Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could someone please post a (long) summary of TBONWM?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the TV series. I am REALLY against a TV series. I wouldn't mind a movie but a Tv series would be BAD.

*Agent~M*

EVERYONE MUST READ CITY OF THE BEASTS!!!!! (I sound crazy but I don't care)
    "Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
    Look closely at your next subway token. And speak to strangers.- SYWTBAW 20th Ed.
    "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!"- DW, Picchu
    I lost my marbles, PLEASE HELP ME FIND THEM!!!!!!!
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

I would actually prefer a TV series. TV series have WAY WAY more time. (I'm thinking miniseries here.) You can pay attention to detail that you can't in a movie. Also, TV series are often more crafted. (Not always.) So...
      Yeah.
      T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
      Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
      Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
      Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
      My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
      Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I don't know... I don't think that a T.V series would be such a good idea.... Then the books wouldn't be as good, as original I don't think.... A movie would be Okay, but the YW books are one of the books that I would like to see just kept books I think.

*Agent~M*

"Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
        Look closely at your next subway token. And speak to strangers.- SYWTBAW 20th Ed.
        "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!"- DW, Picchu
        *Agent~M*
        "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
        "I could live

Comment

God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

A t.v. reproduction of the books sounds like a bad idea to me. It's profitability without originality. It's like Tommy Hilfiger. Simulacra of simulacra of simulacra, according to Gibson

Comment

Good someone agrees with me. Rysade: WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!?

*Agent~M*

*Agent~M*
              "I could live

Comment

*shrugs* I dunno. I just think TV miniseies' are a btter medium than a movie in terms of accuracy, though now that I think about it, there are arguments for movies too.

Also: There are 4 people logged in. Only one of them is in chat. So: GO TO CHAT.
                T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
                My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
                Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

*frowns* I'm almost sure that somewhere on the forums I saw posts from DD herself about a prospective miniseries. Maybe I should track that down.

Comment

God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Working...
                    X