No announcement yet.

Will DD publish a Wizard's manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to point out that while it's not the Manual itself, quite a few of The Errantry Concordance articles read like manual articles and can answer a few questions on the background of Wizardry and the like. Next best thing!
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Yes, it does make sense. I know a few people whose parents are so Christian and against magic, witchcraft and etc. Although, I think that they wouldn't know about these books anyone unless they read them on the sly and then they could probably find time to sneak-read a 'manual'

Comment

That would be totally awesomeness! I would definently but that book! I would take it with me EVERYWHERE!

Of course, that would be A LOT of work for Ms. Duane, because she would have to write the Speech, and what-not.

That would still be awersomes!

Comment

Oh, that would be soooo cool. It'd be really hard though.
          Oops

Comment

I think she should! I would definetly get one.
            Vampires are love.

Comment

<span class="ev_code_PINK">Yello! Sorry for my sisters short posts..she still really really new!!</span>
              Okay, any way, I would adore DD if she were to make (I already adore her!)!...But, If you think about it would be extremly hard! Oh, but would I love it!. I ave taken the Oath! I dont care if Im "Too Old" I really believe it is very possible.."Wizardry dosen't live in the unwilling soul" Im so not unwilling! Any way, At least this subject has been taken into a mess of other subjects!
              Dai All, Hope your Wizardry goes well!
              ToRi
              I have a new siggy coming!!
              Love and be loved

Comment

I don't think DD will really publish a Wizard's Manual, because it just seems like it would be to much work. It would be awesome, in the Speech, with spell diagrams, spells, info on whatever I pretty much want, because it would automatically update....The possibilities would be endless. We could all take the oath, and then understand some of the Speech, and we could even not get wet when it rains, not have to walk home from school, just find a place people don't really go to... It would be REALLY difficult to do, I think, just to accomplish the things DD describes as The Manual.

Comment

I ttally agree. She could never make a real one(leave that to professional wizards) and it would make it difficult to find a real one.

I want to be a wizard, so I'm against it.
                  "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

Dia cousins,

if wizardry was real(which I wish it was sometimes) DD would have a lot of work to...Plus if I got the chance I'd be a Dairine all over again

Dia stiho cousins

PS: who ever is neets_wiz nice choice country music rocks

Comment

Actually.... I wouldn't mind. I'd actually like it!
                      See, ( now don't kill me), if and when DD stops publishing this series, that could be like a final book. Like Errantry Coordinane, all gathered together with "The Speech" in some weird print with annunciation with a key to translate into like 5 languages (yay for easy learning languages!!) . It would be like taking the character, events, and whole world with you in one book. that would be coooool!!

And as someone stated b4 (i'm too lazy): WizPods.: Special Edition iPods with DD reading the whole series. That would be awesome, but awfully rough on DD's voice. But meh.

Just my quarters, folks.
                      just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

PErsonally i think it would be kind of cool if she did that. I mean, it might not be quite the same as in the book, but don't you ever wonder what exactly is IN that book there reading. I mean, this is just me, but i think it would be interesting to find out. plus it would be really cool to learn the speach.
                        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

That would be cool. But can u imagine how long that would be. I'm not interested in reading like a 1,000 page book unless it is harry potter, inheritance trilogy, or YW. But ya that would be cool.
                          Reading is important. Reading is a way of life. Without reading you are nothing. Without reading you are stupid. Without reading there is no language. READ READ READ!

Comment

Why don't we write our own online manual? I know of a game called VHRII, and you download it and it updates itself on your computer. We could do something like that.
                            I already have the outline of a spell in mind, a really detailed one. I find it easy to do things like that.
                            Take care of nature. Let the world stay a beautiful place to live. ~Diana
                            Every moment is a new chance for you to make things better. ~Eirene
                            Enjoy what you have got. You don't need what you have not. ~Filippa

Comment

Originally posted by magicmaster View Post
                              I'm not interested in reading like a 1,000 page book unless it is harry potter, inheritance trilogy, or YW.
                              I'd suggest The Deed of Paksenarrion or Ash: A Secret History as thousand-page books worth reading, but they're aimed at older readers than the YW books are. Mary Gentle, in particular, pulls no punches. There's a scene where Ash is in prison and something goes medically wrong, in rather more detail than I was comfortable reading, even as a theoretical adult.
                              "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Originally posted by Mealla View Post
                                Why don't we write our own online manual? I know of a game called VHRII, and you download it and it updates itself on your computer. We could do something like that.
                                I already have the outline of a spell in mind, a really detailed one. I find it easy to do things like that.
                                Cool idea, but I'd like to remind everybody not to post it here, so that DD can remain free to write whatever she wants in the YW universe and still read this board--we don't want someone saying "hey, she stole my idea!" at any point. If you're going to do a project like this, maybe set up a wiki somewhere else.

In the meantime, I'd also like to point to the Errantry Concordance (a YW wiki authored by DD), if you don't know about that.

As for 1000-page thingies other than Potter/Inheritance/YW; may I just tactfully mention The Lord of the Rings? Trust me. The books are better than the movies.
                                Last edited by Kathy Li; December 15, 2008, 07:11:26 PM.
                                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X