Will DD publish a Wizard's manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will DD publish a Wizard's manual?

It seems unlikely but wouldn't it be neat if DD wrote a wizard's manual? It could have like the speech and spell diagrams and other stuff that was mentioned in the books. I think that it would be awsome.
    ------------------------------
    Footsteps in the snow
    suggest where you have been,
    point where you are going:
    but where they suddenly vanish,
    never dismiss the possiblity
    of flight....

Oh my gosh, that would explain SO MUCH!!!!! Even though it is not possible I would sooooooooooo love it. It would answer many questions and I can't even imagine what a fun reading project that would be. I would read it from front to back with my fastest reading stuff.
    Wow scary thought how long that would be though, and it still wouldn't inclde everything. Maybe she could do different volums so when she thinks up something new.

Just a thought,
    sehlinger
    -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

It would be awesome, but I don't think she is planning to do it, for the same reason (now I've forgotten whether this was in a chat or an actual post) that she doesn't want to write a full speech dictionary sort of thing. I seem to recall Her mentioning that she didn't want people actually learning the Speech and using it, because it would mean that some people couldn't understand it, and its meant to be a language that everyone understands.

Other than that, the Concordance is probably about the closest we will get - and I don't know about you, but that is definitely cool enough for me. ... oh and that reminds me, I haven't been there in ages *wanders off*

Alla

Comment

That would be a really cool idea, but, the manual is so grand and complicated that it would probably take a life-time or few to write! I bet even DD herself doesn't know ALL the speech and how to say everything in it... the idea is cool, but there's too much work involved for it to become true.

Comment

It's a great idea, but it's impossible.

There are so many things to list, and others.

We've seen Tom's manual. We've seen Neet's manual 'grow' a LOT for a bit of information.

It's impossible. XD

But it would be neat, if we could actually get one.

Comment

Random: Ahhh! Kaiba! LOVE the new avie! Are we allowed to have YGO themed avies if we didn't draw them? Just asking...

And I agree with everyone else. But could she just have, like, a book of spells? That would be cool. A history of Wizardry with different spells used throughout the ages...(DD, don't read this please. Because once you read it, you can't use the idea. But if you don't read it, you won't know about the idea, which is kinda the point...)
            Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
            "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
            "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

Actually, that would be a really cool idea. Since the actual manual is IMPOSSIBLE to make, a book informing us on what Lisa said, with the history of spells and stuff would be cool. A book listing spells and having info on them IS possible, that idea would be fun...

(Lisa: I don't see why we can't have YGO-relating icons that we didn't draw. I mean, it's not like Kazuki Takahashi is EVER gonna come here sono worry about the copyrighting...and if you just get an icon off the internet, you'll NEVER find out who drew it, so that part doesn't really matter, it's not like the actual artist will ever KNOW, and its on the internet for your usage...)

Comment

Well, in my gracious opinion, HECK NO!
                One, she'd never finish it, she would have to keep re-printing it, with so much new stuff to say from whatever she makes up. Two, maybe she doesn't want to give away valuble information to new readers who haven't finished all of them... Three, she probably doesn't have the time.

I sure hope she doesn't.....

Me

Comment

I dont quite agree with Brennick. Wouldn't it be neat if we could see all the spell diagrams and stuffs? Anyway it wasn't really my question. It was DS's. See, see, I'm innocent.
                  ------------------------------
                  Footsteps in the snow
                  suggest where you have been,
                  point where you are going:
                  but where they suddenly vanish,
                  never dismiss the possiblity
                  of flight....

Comment

Yes, of course it would be neat, but you could never have an actual manual! It'd have to be online to be able to keep changing it.....

Ohkay wait, who's DS? And if its was DS's question, then why did you he/she use your profile thingy?

This is all so confusing.....

Comment

But... but...

I hate to burst the bubble, but I know that my copy of the Manual continues to masquerade as this kids' book called So You Want to Be a Wizard?, no matter what I do ...
                      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

It would be cool and Brennick is right the only way we could ever keep but to date would be to have an online version like in the feline books if you did not know that go read them hahaha and oh course spot has online manual processes. But DD would get alot of stick in some places in the world as if children got hold of the spells etc they would try and say/cast them and some states in the US i think would go mental, i mean look what happened when kids out there read Harry Potter! now imagine that but worse cause kids had access to the spells.
                        On a lighter note I would love to see it and would possibly try out a few if it was possible. But DD is a busy women I would rather the books than the manual to be honest!
                        Fox
                        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Hahhahahahaha...nice one kli! Thats funny... Same here.

I actually don't want a copy of the manual, it'd be to confusing, and whats the point if I don't have any wizardry? I just think that if she made one, it'd be in-adequate, no matter what she does, cause it'd keep changing. And if it was online, it'd only be the new online version, like spot, rather than the traditional book.

Comment

Hmm, there was a guy here about a year ago who was working on the diagrams and the speech to make an online manual. Yall member The Defender? he wanted to but I havent seen hima roudn here in a while.

I think it woudl be awesoem if there was really a manual. It shoudl be like a hand held computerised one. Like a Palm Piolt or whatever its called. But, I dont think parents would be too hot on that idea.

But, like Alla said, the Concordance is probably about the closest we will get.
                            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                            **Neets**
                            CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

I remember The Defender. I don't know where he went, though. He used to come on AIM and on Worldsoul, and he even had a blog, but... as if one day he left everything. :/

I think it would be really really hard to make a manual. And I'm not sure I'd want to be a wizard. I mean, I'm content with my life as it is, and unless I'd only have to do part time over the summer, I'd be loaded with more work than I can handle. XD
                              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Working...
                              X