Will DD publish a Wizard's manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gryphon:
    I remember The Defender. I don't know where he went, though. He used to come on AIM and on Worldsoul, and he even had a blog, but... as if one day he left everything. :/
    Yeah, I haven't seen him since about 9:45pm my time today...

... yes, not long after you left Chime, Defender appeared and said he's been busy with SATs and AP tests. I told him that the Lone Power had got him, we knew he had. He didn't answer that, though.

I didn't ask him if he'd done any more about his manual idea, though.
    Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

The Defender, i don't think I've ever met him.... Should I know him?

Anyway, I don't think a manual would work, because in the books it changes to fill in what you need, the actual book wouldn't be able to do that. Unless its a powerbook... then, ooooo.....

*drools*

Comment

Yeah, I was there when Defender came on. Its ironic that I posted that and then he came on.. Anyways, what posp said plus he said he will eb on more often. No, I dotn think so Brennick. He left like in 2004. Long time before you were here.

Hmmmmm, this manual idea sounds okay but I dunno how there gonna do the updating itself kidna thing. That would be hard!
        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
        **Neets**
        CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

I still don't think the manual would work though! At least the book wouldn't work, cause you'd have to be able to change it somehow. I'd rather have an actual book, than another online site.

Comment

It would be nice, but in the stories themselves, the Manuals are constantly updating with new information. Try duplicating that in real life! So... the Errantry Concordance is possibly the only possible way we could achieve a real life Manual. Maybe you could try printing out the entries?

Comment

I think I might've already said something like that, but now I know someone agrees with me. I'm captain obvious, by the way.

Comment

I think it'd be really cool if DD publishes the Errantry Concordance in the format of a Manual, since the two are almost the same thing. It would be too hard to publish something like an actual Manual though, because it usually contains so much information and you can't get that thing where information comes and goes like in the manuals Nita and Kit use.
                -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

that would be coolbut hard to do, I think if DDwas going to publish a manual, she would have to make one like Nita's and one like Kit's!
                  Dai stiho cousins
                  ~~~Ezra

Comment

I would really like that. Even if the manual wasn't all that fancy it would be cool to see how in depth DD has thought out wizardry. Oh, yes that would be so cool!
                    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Want to know how she could be really clever about it? Publish it in English in America/Europe, Spanish in Mexico/Spain, etc. Then everybody would be able to read it, but she could "claim" that it was actually written in the Speech.
                      ---
                      How cheerfully we consign ourselves to perdition...

Comment

Then wouldn't people (like me ) point out that few people can actually see the Speech, much less read it?
                        That idea would be cool though, but it'd also be expensive to buy, I'm thinking, though I don't really know much about the publishing world.
                        -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

Oh my gosh it would be sooo cool if she published a manual type of thing. Maybe she could do it in volumes, so that she can try to get as much of the stuff as she could. I would love to understand more parts of the book and that would really explain lots of people's questions.
                          sehlinger
                          -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

You know what would work/ be neat?

A limited-edition Apple iPod (WizPod) with Diane Duane reading the books from the series ^_^.

Something else interesting would be a TCG game where multiple cards could be put together to do spells and players could play as their favorite Wizard/Power.

Combined two posts - Peter. You can edit your own posts with the middle button.
                            Gutentag, Cousin!

Comment

I reckon that a manual would be awesome but......
                              like everyone else said it's impossible.

It would be really fun to read. Even without most of the things it would take forever too read.

I'm really sorry about my avatar before. I didn't realise it was that big. I've change it back now.

Maybe if she didn't exactly right the manual, but instead a sort of manual about the wizarding universe

[Edited to consolidate double-post. as PM says, you can use the button to edit posts. --kli.]

Comment

Alot of pepole already think Yw,HP and other books that involve magic are evil (even though ther'e not).DD has mentiond that she will not expand on the speech and to wright a manual wuld be cool but then parents that don't want ther kids to read books that invole magic wulld have majer issues with a manual.But it is a nice idea. Dose that make sence????
                                The Answer to life the universe and everything: CREW 42!!!!!!!!
                                DON'T PANIC!!!!! *two seconds later once the plan does not work* OK PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                I have a spelling problem. SYWTBAW

Comment

Working...
                                X