No announcement yet.

Carmella a Wizard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm covinced that it has to do with what ever Ponch is bcoming! I really hope DD starts telling us soon what all the changes in Ponch are about!?!?! Its one of the big story lines (I think!!)
    Fox
    God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

ya, i'm pretty sure it's all comin' from Ponch too, but Carmella would be a good choice for the Poweres, since Wizardry is language and she is so good at them.

Comment

Yeah that crossed my mind too, but we can't get past the fact that she may be too old! I have said that maybe she will be the other extrem like Dari but I don't know! Can't wait for the book to come out!! then we might see!
        Fox

Comment

Since some people have lent out their books, or got them from the library, this is the actual quote from Wizard's Holiday about Carmela being too old:
          "Yet," Carmela said. "I don't think it's going to take me that long. And once I'm really good at the Speech, maybe I should look into becoming a wizard, too."
          "It doesn't work that way," Kit said, feeling incredible relieved that it didn't. Yet the very idea still freaked him out somewhat. Just what I need. My very own version of Dairine...! Oh, please, no. "You can't be a wizard unless the Powers invite you," Kit said. "And you're too old." Oh, please, let her be too old! "Besides, it's a lot of hard work."
          (Italics original.)

So Kit doesn't actually know that she's too old, he just desperately hopes she is.

Another thought just occurred to me on all this: Maybe she will take the Oath, get started on being a wizard, with the WAW plot being her Ordeal, but then die on the Ordeal. That'd affect Kit (obviously), his parents ("Why are we letting our son do what killed one of our daughters?") and Nita (because they're friends).
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

thats what i was thinking, the problem in waw is her ordeal r somthing

Comment

it does seem like its likley that carmela might become a wizzard in the next books.
              In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

How old is Carmela??? Every fanfic author will swear she's the older sister but she always seemed younger to me, and didn't DD specifically refer to Helena as his older sister?

Comment

In Wizard's Dilemma, Kit is 13, Carmela is 15, and Helena has just started college, so I suppose she must be 18.

In the Harcourt paperback, Carmela's age is on p67, as is the hint about Helena. Kit says, or thinks, he's 13 on page 233.

Comment

I think that she won't become a wizard but work along side them!! I know we have said this before but I really don't think now that she will be a wizard, but surly the wizard community need human rep to other worlds! Lets face it so far she has got on well with EVERY species she has meet! She could work in Human relations, hahah we know other speices visit earth and we know wizards have days jobs on other worlds (thats the impression I got in the Feline novels), She could use the worldgate and work where the staion master is!!
                    Fox

Comment

• I honestly think Carmella will become a wizard in a later book. I don't think she's is too old because Kit and Nita were older when they started wizardry. Carmella has also started to pick up the speech but that might be from the leakage in Kit's house. If she does become a wizard it will have a great effect on Kit. His own sister, a wizard!
                      "Life is pain, highnes. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
                      ~The Princess Bride~

Comment

• They weren't older. Nita was 13, Kit was 12. Dairine was 11, or younger if you take Wizard Abroad's revision of her age.

Carmela is already 15. Kit's not 100% sure she's too old, but he hopes she is . I think she could wind up doing some sort of liaison work, but I really don't think she'll become a wizard.

Comment

• Ah, thanks for the clarification Peter. Even if Carmella doesn't end up as a wizard she could very well end up a character like Millman.

Comment

• Isn't Carmella to old to start wizardry. And besides don't you remember all things are created by the speech. Knowing helps understand it but in A wizard's dilemma Nita's mom was able to understand what Nita was saying in the speech while they were in the hospital
                            Reading is important. Reading is a way of life. Without reading you are nothing. Without reading you are stupid. Without reading there is no language. READ READ READ!

Comment

• I personly think that she'll be like Millman... but I have thougth that 16 was the oldest to start.
                              but she is good with the speech so maybe she will be on a late onset-wizardry

Comment

• I think Carmella could be a wizard... She is learning the Speech, and is even thinking about joining. But that's the thing, you can't just "join" wizardry, you have to be chosen by the Powers That Be. But on the other hand Darine was determined, and she just became on,e and she's good at it. Maybe Carmella will be. But on the other hand, she just doesn't seem like that kind of personality, for a wizard. She is just consitering it, and Darine was determined. Those are two different things... Gosh, I don't know!...

Comment

Working...
                                X