No announcement yet.

A Wizard on/of Mars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D'you think that mabye that's the project they've been working on on Mars? I mean, for the wee bit we've had about it in the books it sounds like a pretty involved thinger, and an archaeological expedition would provide that.

*ponders vaguely what sort of effect the rovers would have on any sort of matrian projects*
    PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
    Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

ummm, did ANYONE say nita?! but then again, there are lots OF potential pplz....hmmm, who i wounder?

Comment

I was thinking that it could be a story about the twins that were on the moon with nita and kit after the last book at war. There seemed to be a hasty introduction and a hint of alot of potential.

-phil-
        "Had my intention been to seek the world's favour, I should surely have adorned myself with borrowed beauties: I desire therein to be viewed as I appear in mine own genuine, simple, and ordinary manner, without study and artifice: for it is myself I

Comment

Personally, I can't wait for DD's next book. she never disappoints, and there is always an elipses to the conclusion of her books. Somehow, Roshaun's story seems unfinished and W@W made my heart bleed for Diarine. DD has given some insight to Nita and Kit's fate in the future as they took Tom and Carl's place as seniors, but if Kit only wants to go there because of the princess thing...well, I worry.

Comment

forbidden snowflake said: but if Kit only wants to go there because of the princess thing
            I stilll think nita and kit will get together. BUt anyways, i also look forward to the next book. I mean, these are great! i just wish it would hurry up. i mean, it's threatening to take till 2007! that's way to long!
            I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
            For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Well, since reading all the discussion going on about Wizard Of Mars, here's the theory a friend of mine and I came up with concerninig the next YW book:

(1) DD left us with a MAJOR cliffhanger concerning Roshaun's disappearance. Therefore, logically, there HAS to be AT LEAST one major section in WoM during which Dairine goes hunting for him.

(2) It is logical to assume that, given the rate of fiction these days, by the time Dairine finally finds Roshaun, he will be alive and both will play major parts in the following scenes.

Please note: I live in New York State, not Ireland or NYC. I am merely using LOGIC to answer some of the questions that some people (myself included) have about WoM.

Comment

KE, there are some holes in there.

1.) Dairine hunting for Roshaun may not actually take place in WoM. Possibly there is something else DD has her focus on.

2.) There was a comment on DD's blog about killing off Roshaun.

Just my two Canadian cents.

Comment

I think that there is the matter of Dairine learning how to be a guarantator from Roshaun's father to consider, too. I Hope Dairine will find Roshaun, though. May be she will end up being sort of a mediator if he ends up dead. Dair has shown some skill in working with cultures and far away worlds. She might work indirectly with Nita and Kit, like she did in WA.

Comment

I think that the big "search for Roshaun" will end up being a metaphorical inner reflection type thing. I'm not quite sure how it will play out, but after reading the books and DD's blog, I can't really see Roshaun coming back in any corpreal form.
                    ---
                    How cheerfully we consign ourselves to perdition...

Comment

If the comment about killing Roshaun was the one I think it was, DD posted that in her blog while writing Wizard's Holiday, as a threat if he didn't behave.

Do you remember him dying in that book? Or is there another blog entry that I'm forgetting about?
                      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

DD actually said somewhere or other that AWOM is a Nita/Kit-centric book, and that Dairine will play a minor role in it. She said she is 'probably' going to leave the 'Search for Roshaun' for the 10th or 11th book, which of course means she is going to leave that plotline for the 10th or 11th book.

Don't be so worried. It sounds as if there will be plenty of interesting things going on in AWOM to keep us occupied.

Currently, I am more anxious to find out what the "Nita jealous? Yeah, I guess you could phrase it that way" remark by DD will play out as, than I am anxious to find out what happened to Roshaun.

Comment

Currently, I am more anxious to find out what the "Nita jealous? Yeah, I guess you could phrase it that way" remark by DD will play out as...
                          Wait. I missed this one? Jealous? What context was this said in? Giiiive, please? *g

Comment

That's not an accurate quote. To find the real quote, search for "jealous" in February's chat transcript. You'll probably need to look in January's for the explanation of who Aurilelde is.

There's too much context really to try to copy the quote in here.
                            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

All notes about Aurilelde aside, I find it probable that Roshaun is alive - he's almost not in Timeheart, guys - so he's out there. Corpreal...maybe not, but in the universe, definitely.

Then again, Timeheart is part of the universe...and Gigo did say it was only a staging room...
                              Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
                              Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

What about Darryl, they quite often say auties/aspies are like there from another planet, he might still be like that despite his "cure" so maybe hes going back home lol. :-D

Comment

Working...
                                X