Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love seeing more stuff with the actual workings of wizardry. Some of my favorite parts of the books are when you describe them making a spell and how it works slightly. The whole thing with the water in last book was amazing!
    My Young Wizard's RP Forum

Comment

Lots of Ideas

thank you thank you thank you for asking
      ok, this might seem kind of demanding, but here goes:
      -What happens between Nita and Kit, as far as the bf/gf thing,
      -What happened to Roshaun at the end of W@W
      -Those depth charges that nita was talking to S'reee about getting rid of, just as a side thing, maybe?
      -As a minor detail, if Darine took a wrong turn or what
      -And Ponch.
      Spock42

Comment

Roshaun! (wizard 10)

Just finished A Wizard of Mars. Dairine and Roshaun please. Or at least to find out what's going on with him. Some Nita and Kit and their new found "dating" tag. Somethign with Ronan or a new girl friend for him, cause I love him. We're assuming Nita and S'reee's South Bay project will also be a majour part. You could always bring back Ponch, Fred, or the Lotus Just some suggestions from my sister and I. Thanks!

On an unrelated note: I just recieved a signed copy of Deep Wizardry i ordered online. (I'm re-reading the series until book 10 comes out!) But I have also just heard of a fake DD going around. Is there any way to authenticate my copy to see if it's really you? Sorry for any trouble and thanks
        Last edited by sarah edith; January 22, 2011, 03:24:52 PM.

Comment

I just want to know a few things. What happened to Roshaun, if Dairine will find him, of course. And one other thing: it's been said before, but I'd like to see cultural differences in wizardry. In particular, the wizardry styles adopted by the Native Americans and other aboriginal peoples. That would be really interesting.

Some characters I'd like to see more of: The twychilds (not sure if Nguyet died in WaW?). Irina, Mamvish, Matt/the Australian person, ~Ponch~, the Transcendent Pig (!!) and, even if we never see any of the listed characters again (okay, maybe not any), Roshaun. Roshaun's character was sheer genius.

By the way, another thing that was sheer genius: the Ronan/Kit/Darryl interaction.
          Last edited by LifeSong; January 27, 2011, 10:41:06 PM.

Comment

Since everyone else is resurrecting this thread...

Does DD even read this anymore, since it's so old? Either way, here's some of the things I'd most love to see, in case she does:

1. The most important aspect I'd love to see in future books is a reduction of scale. Though big sprawling battles like W@W are fun, there's something so much more emotional about the relatively smaller conflicts such as AWAl and TWD. I'd love to see something occur closer to home in the coming books. A more psychological battle, a clash of personalities or ethics, would be even more interesting.

2. More of this wonderfully ambiguous 'evil' that we got a taste of in AWoM. Though the Lone Power is fascinating in his own way, after 8 books of him being the main antagonist it can become a little...repetitive; nothing game-changing or unexpected. But this whole let-others-do-the-dirty-work side of things is really interesting.

3. More Nita and Kit, TOGETHER. I don't usually use caps lock, since it connotes screaming, not emphasis, to me. Here, however, I feel its use is justified. Like others have pointed out, N/K only have 4, maybe 5 scenes together in AWoM, when in the beginning of the series we got little else but them as a team. I miss that sososososososososososo much.

Of course, ultimately, she could write complete drivel (though I don't know if that's possible, where DD's concerned) and I'd still eat it up, just to hear more about this wonderful universe she's created. Just give us another book before 2015 and I'll be happy

Comment

Originally posted by Elita Justice View Post
              Does DD even read this anymore, since it's so old?
              I think she'll not be reading this thread in particular because it is far too likely to contain plot ideas and so on, and that sort of conversaion has caused authors way too much trouble in the past...
              -- Rick.

Comment

I'm a little late. Better late than never.

Okey doke. Let's see...

Bobo is something I have wondered about, and I am guessing he may be addressed in the future. The spirit of wizardry, living inside of someone? It's such a cool concept. I'm going to be re-reading the books in my spare time once college starts (just picked up a Wizard Alone from the library ), so I can't remember how many people KNOW Bobo is in Nita. Or if he changes her status in the manual or anything. I know Kit knows about her, and her father.

Who deals with an individual like that, by the way? That'd be my next question. Would be, is. Same thing. Anywho, the people in charge of different things in the novels have always been interesting, like Irina and Mamvish, Tom and Carl. We seem to learn a little about them as the books progress, which is nice.

Kit and Nita. If the dream was a dream. Won't say more about that to keep spoilers unspoiled for people. But they have been having some "thoughts" in the past few books that I'm guessin' will be addressed soon. I would very much like to see that, the outcome. They are awkward teenagers, and ever so fun to read about (and I'm sure to write about!).
                ^(^.^)^

Comment

Working...
                X