This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opinions

whatever. my comments were to Diane Duane. my opinions are my own as to what
    i would like to see her write, and i have no interest in blogging about this.

Comment

Originally posted by mat View Post
      whatever. my comments were to Diane Duane. my opinions are my own as to what
      i would like to see her write, and i have no interest in blogging about this.
      Actually, your comments were in a public thread on a discussion board, and hence fair game. If you didn't want to "blog" about it, you could have left it in email.
      "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

I'd like to agree with everyone who suggested that we meet up with Ronan/Roshaun again. (I had them mixed up for a moment; I guess it's time for re-reading!)

More on Carmela and her Wizardry practices would be cool, too!

I appreciate that you're taking suggestions, DD. Thanks!
        "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

I would like to see more of the Hesper/Starsnuffer confrontations. those were good in w@w
          It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
          That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

I have always, always wondered about Nita's conversation on the beach with Carl in DW, where they talk about the agreement she's made to die:

"And it must have been a very great amount, to require lifeprice to be paid. There's no higher payment that can be made." Carl fell silent a moment, then said, "Well, one." And his face shut as if a door had closed behind his eyes.

So what IS that price? Is it the price of giving up your wizardry and living on as a non-wizard? In which case, we've seen that possibility discussed. But is it something else? Is it giving up your hope of any kind of continuation of yourself when you die--of never going to Timeheart? It seems to me, given the philosophies in play in the YW universe, that that would be the highest price you could pay.

Comment

Please write more about when Dairine and Roshaun were on the moon, and also when Dairine finally read what the necklace she was wearing said. Oh, and can you put more about Ronan's ordeal? By that I mean could there be a moment where Nita somehow 'sees' Ronan and his ordeal through lucid dreaming? Oh, and more predictions from Nita about future books. Nita is my fave, and I love how she can predict certain things now.
              Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

So I've thought long and hard about this before posting... and I'd really like to see more of Roshaun XD. That is if he's still around which I hope he is... *crosses fingers* some stuff from his viewpoint would be incredibly awesome... Though I don't know if you want to make his character that big, he happens to be one of my favorites .

I'd also be interested on some stuff concerning the Lone Power... Though what I'm not sure, the things people have previously touched upon seem intriguing.

Thanks for asking us! And thanks for the amazing books you write, your talent is very much appreciated over here.

Comment

thanks!

Thank you, Diane Duane!
                  I trust your judgement and inclinations to show what you want, but I would like to see Dairine and Roshaun (I know that you probably wouldn't leave us hanging after he has disappeared, but please show the search for him when you can). I am always overjoyed when it is Nita and Kit (which is good, because it is most of the books) - it doesn't even have to be romantic stuff, just Nita and Kit (but preferably not a rift or major problem between them - it is rather upsetting until they make up). Ronan would be nice to see, as long as he doesn't cause any problems between them.

But I do trust you, so, not that you wouldn't do this anyway, do what you feel like doing. It has gotten us this far

Thanks again, DD!
                  "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

Could you also mention more about the Lone Power story? The fact that there was 'a star that never fell' and the war that occurred between the Lone Power and the One would be interesting to read about. Oh, and can you explain more about the Hesper and the Lone Power as a whole; I didn't really understand how the Lone Power somehow 'knew' about the fact that something was happening. Thank you so much for putting this thread DD. You're an amazing writer, and I love how you put so much complex and intricate details within your work.
                    Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Joss Whedon quote

Diane, and everyone else in this thread: I just wanted to share the following quote from Joss Whedon.

Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; January 26, 2009, 01:49:20 AM. Reason: fixed markup
                      "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Nice quote Garrett, Thanks for sharing.

I've been thinking - I know dangerous past time - but I'd like to add that I'd like to see more from Carl and Tom.
                        There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
                        "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

Wow, you're asking us? I'd like to see something done with Nita's relationship with Ronan. He's just too awesome to be a minor character.
                          -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
                          -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
                          -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

Ha ha, I have no idea what I want to see. It's sort of an everything and anything kind of deal. Of course I want some more on Roshaun - like what happened to him exactly - and with Ronan just hanging around Nita's place, I am curious about what's happening there. But overall, I have very little that I MUST read about; I trust your judgment with your characters, so let the words flow!

Thanks for asking for everyone's opinions, though, DD!
                            "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

I thought of something new that I wanted to see; in your books you described wizards in other parts of the world; Mrs. Duane, could you please mention more about the young Australian child you mentioned in the 8th book? I like him because of the cute personality that was mildly put in the 8th book, and I loved how he was a great healer. Just want to see more of him.

Comment

=]

I would love to see Nita and Kit get together but I know you have your plans for whatever might happen between them. I would also like to know more about the manual and how it works. One thing that has been bugging me since I finished WAW was the thing with the Sunstone and how it works, and what the 'ribbon' said. Are we ever going to find out?
                                Dai stiho cousins
                                ~~~Ezra

Comment

Working...
                                X