This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see...

1. Nita bound the Lone Power to her will in the seventh book and we're told that there are going to be consequences from that. I'd love to see this, both in the sense of high action and adventure, and the catalyctic purpose that these events serve. Nita changed during book five and I'd like to see that happen again. (Obviously not the death of her mother given that, you know, she's already dead!)

2. At the end of book eight, the characters upset the cosmic applecart something shocking. We have people who are alive when they shouldn't be, we have a redemption that should have been impossible and we have a new Power that's never previously been known. I'd like to see the Lone Power's retaliation to all of this.

Comment

Thirding Tui and Alla--I am extremely curious about how wizardry is practiced in other cultures. Particularly--and this is possibly a bit of personal bias--I've noticed there's a *lot* of information on Chinese wizardry in the wiki, and I've been wondering for ages if that's ever going to make it into the main series ;P

Comment

I don't know but i don't think Ronan ever got a closure i mean it cant feal to good to have a power living inside of you. I just wanted to see how he is holding up.
        It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
        That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

Have you read W@W, Septimus?

If not, then ok. If so, then you need to do some rereading. (the page I'm typing on is lacking the text color change thing, so I'd white out the detail I have, but since there's no colors.... Or smileys for that matter... hm.)
          "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

Originally posted by Zirsta View Post
            . (the page I'm typing on is lacking the text color change thing, so I'd white out the detail I have, but since there's no colors.... Or smileys for that matter... hm.)
            You can use the [spoiler] bbcode tag to hide spoiler text.

You can even get colorful with it!
            "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Have you read W@W, Septimus?

If not, then ok. If so, then you need to do some rereading. (the page I'm typing on is lacking the text color change thing, so I'd white out the detail I have, but since there's no colors.... Or smileys for that matter... hm.)
              Hmm... are you sure you have the full WYSIWYG editor turned on?

Go to your user control panel (the UserCP link in the upper left-hand corner of the toolbar under the "breadcrumb" banner beneath the forum logo) and look in the left-hand column under "Settings and Options" for the link that says "Edit Options". Click on that, and when the new page loads, scroll right down to the bottom to the box that says "Miscellaneous Options". There's a dropdown menu there for the Message Editor Interface. Click on the arrow and choose "Enhanced Interface", then click the "Save Changes" button underneath.

After that, see if you still have the problem. If you do, we'll try figuring out what's wrong from there.
              Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

actualy i just finnished wizards holiday i've been busy this week. y???
                It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.

Comment

Hey, it worked! Yay! Thanks Lee!

Ok, so Septimus, the reason is because At the end of W@W Ronan throws the Spear of Light at the Lone One, and it misses like he wanted it to, so the Spear U-turns and hits Ronan in the chest, almost killing him and jolting the Power out of him. So you can't really have that as a book, unless you go back to the past, but I don't know if that would be a good idea. Maybe there could be a bit where he tells, like, Nita about it. Or someone else, depending on the events of AWOM.

So, read on, Septimus, because a lot happens in book 8.

Oh yeah, Garret, what's this "spoiler" code you're talking about? I don't see it anywhere...
                  Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; January 5, 2009, 03:18:16 PM.
                  "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

ty. whats a spoiler code???

Comment

For the spoiler code, I believe you type
                      Code:
                      [spoiler]
                      with the end tag on the other end and it will produce something like this this. There are ways to edit the colour too. Because of the different background colours that are available on the new forum, I don't think whiting out will cut it. I can actually read that whited out text, Zirsta (not that it matters), since I have read it, but it might matter for other people.
                      Last edited by alla; January 4, 2009, 05:53:41 PM. Reason: fixing some stuff up

Comment

Oh yeah, Garret, what's this "spoiler" code you're talking about? I don't see it anywhere...
                        I just edited it into your post above so you can see how it's supposed to work.
                        "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

I've always wondered what is up with Nita. Like is she going to be an avator or something. At the end of W@W when Nita was talking the Lone Power, he said Wizards may always be here, but will you be? and then Nita asked the peradexis (sp?) will she and the peredixes said lets go find out or something. that got me wondering if something major was going to happen to her to make her more powerful.

In Wizard Alone when Nita was researching about the abdul (sp?) she was looking at the different types of beings or wizards. Is she going to be one of the things mentioned in there.

I also wondered what the Lone Power is going to do because of the Oath Nita made it do.

Did the spoiler thing work? This is the first time I've done one.

Comment

I'll depart from a lot of the suggestions above about things-to-revisit by voting for stories to keep moving towards the new-and-mysterious.

The books are at their best when there's a layer of mystery covering what's really going on. The first example that comes to mind was Dairine's Ordeal - it was great to be lost with her as the scope of the universe unfolds, and then great again to see the contrast a little while later when N&K follow her, but experiencing everything in an entirely different light since they weren't "lost".

And I'd rather *not* go back and have all the old lingering questions explained away (midichloreans, anyone?). Aside from specific foreshadowings, of course.
                            Ardub
                            r:w)

Comment

other wizard, etc. books

Ms Duane,
                              i've tried sending you email in the past, but never got a reply, so i thought i'd try to get your
                              attemtion here. all of your wizard books are great, and any content is fine because you write
                              so well, but how about writing a sequel to Stealing the Elf-King's Roses?? it is a fabulous
                              book and a very inventive departure meant more for adult readers. i don't think you ever read any
                              reviews posted for this book - not reviews from professional reviewers, because it got some
                              very nice reviews early on. i've read it about 20 times so far; i love the story and the writing
                              so much. especially the sheaf of universes ideas that you have used before.

also, i enjoyed you Star Drive trilogy very much, and wish that you would write more of those
                              also. (Star Trek and Spiderman and gaming is not where you should be using your
                              talent....).

much thanks for all the great books,
                              mat

Comment

Originally posted by mat View Post
                                (Star Trek and Spiderman and gaming is not where you should be using your
                                talent....)
                                Those of us insane enough to name kids after Rihannsu commanders might disagree with you there. *innocent look*

Diane's Star Trek work was what introduced me to her, when my freshman next-door neighbor in college lent me The Wounded Sky. It was only after I got through her available Star Trek books that I moved on to The Tale of the Five and Young Wizards (just SYWtBaW and DW at the time).
                                Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; January 6, 2009, 04:11:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X