Nitas and kits future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitas and kits future

Nita and kit seem to love each other at times in the series. If they live to be adults i wonder if theyll get married?
    In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Really, it's doubtful, they are more like brother and sister at this point. A marriage would also conflict with their wizardry practices, not a good thing since it's assumed Nita and Kit are Earth's #1s against the Lone Power. Even though some people won't like to hear it, a Nita/Ronan is much more likely than a Nita/Kit simply because of their seemingly eternally platonic relationship.

Comment

I copied this from one of DD's blog posts a while ago, as it was about her attitude to fanfic. For some reason, I can't find it using the Out of Ambit search option .
      But then...Kit and Nita? When I have my own plans for how things are going to turn out, and the characterizations of both seem to me to have made it plain that they're not going to be "going there" just yet? Hmm.
      Not just yet? Interesting. Or perhaps that just refers to them not being romantic with anyone just yet, whether it's Nita/Kit, Nita/Ronan, Nita/Darryl, Kit/Dairine, Kit/random girl at school or whoever.
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Originally posted by fred22:
        Nita and kit seem to love each other at times in the series. If they live to be adults i wonder if theyll get married?
        It's possible to love somone without being in love with them.
        "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

I really do believe that Nita and Kit have gone past the marriage stage!! Because they have shared more, and are more intermate in ways that no one can imagine! does that make sense? I mean in a relationship there is Love, sharing, caring etc. Nita and Kit do all this and more now! I'm not making much sense, so I shall leave before I confuse everyone!
          Fox
          God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Although I would absolutely love Nita and Kit to be together. I think that they have a deep love for each other but not quite in the romantic way, though it may seem like it at times. But I always keep the part of me awake in the back of my mind that it just may happen. I'm kinda split half and half, in case you couldn't tell.
            xx
            Julie H.
            oo

Comment

*mutters incoherently* Why can't a boy and a girl just be friends in any book series? I think it's impossible.

I don't want N/K. However, if it has to happen, I would prefer it be N/K than anything else.
              *Ella*
              "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
              There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
              And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
              What could mean more than this?"
              --Bright Eyes

Comment

EWizard11 it can happen in books just like in life BUT I think I would say that even in life best friends oftern try at least once to see if there are thoese sort of feelings! And its bound to happen sooner or later
                Fox

Comment

Hmmm......yall all have a point. I think maybe they might have a relationship where they will get married because of all they have been through. Yet, they might not because maybe they have a more diffrent realationship. More of best friends forever thing. Do any of yall get this other than me?
                  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                  **Neets**
                  CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

I personally would love to see Nita and Kit in a "more than friends relationship" or at least giving it a try... I don't think I see them married though... But then again like someone before me said,their relationship is way beyond that. The situation with Ronan is quite complicated but they are defenetely atracted.
                    Mara Isabel

Comment

yeah your right Isabel (welcome by the way ) it would be nice for them to try and give it a go! But would it not be hard on them doing spells if they were!! I mean they would be more than worrid about each others safty! would that not interfear and could not the lone power use that 'weakness'? Mind you what might seem a weakness could become a strenght!!!
                      Fox

Comment

You have a point there. But then again hasn't he already tried to put them against each other or in a way drag them to the dark side?
                        Mara Isabel

Comment

No...not really, he never intentionally caused tension because Nita told him she and Kit were just friends, remember? And the dark side? Ronan is possessed by a Power...not exactally pulling anyone to the dark side anytime soon.

Comment

Oh boy...

Let's clarify something. It's extremely unlikely for a woman and man who are strongly attracted to each other and associate often with each other to remain "just friends."

Obviously, friends is the easiest mode (for both the characters and the author) right now. Too many adult complications otherwise and the characters are too young. But sooner or later--unless Nita and Kit aren't really attracted to each other--they're going to have to start seing the other as an adult too. Eventually, they'll probably either get together or cut each other and the partnership in general loose. Permanency is a question, but both Nita and Kit have been brought up in stable families and I don't think they'd be comfortable taking a romance too far unless they wanted to commit. If they did commit, it would probably endure.

The problem is something like this:

Forget accepting it...how are you supposed to deal with someone else of the opposite sex in your beloved's life that can read their mind and has been the closest person to them ever since they were kids? Especially if you're a non-wizard? If Nita or Kit chooses someone else, either the partnership or romance will suffer and probably dissolve. Nita and Kit work together too closely and care about each other too much for it to be otherwise. That's part of partnership. We don't like the idea of splitting them up, but this is the real world and a person has to set priorities.

If they want to maintain the partnership and be fair to themselves and the people around them, they're either going to have to maintain it at a price...maybe the price of a love life...or make the partnership into something more. Obviously, there are risks either way. I've always been interested in the idea of the stresses of romance between two wizards; maybe I should start a thread!
                            I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

Evangelion

I think Fox and Isabel are suggesting that the Lone Power has already used Nita and Kit's friendship to put them against each other (eg, not talking to each other in Dilemma because Nita's solution at the start of the book wasn't needed until near the end).

The closest Ronan got to the dark side was confusing Nita into drinking Guinness, and being a soggy beermat .
                              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Working...
                              X