Do you hate Ronan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i <3 ronan

I love him in the 4th book and the 8th but in the 9th his character becomes more of a side and less involved plus his attitude changed; he's just kinda blah..savvy? I like the old Ronan that Nita turned into a soggy beer mat. Not them being in a relationship I just like his cockyness and bascially him in general. Think hes a great character and adds greatly to the stories!

Comment

Bringing da dead topics back to life... in Life's Name.... okay, in my dreams..

I like Ronan in the same way I grew to like the cockiness of an old friend of mine, who knew just how to push buttons. But in the same respect, he may be used as a punching bag if he gives me lip, if I were to meet him in real life.

Nita/Ronan I don't see happening, only because she seems over him. They act more like a bickering brother/sister duo (I can see her saying he's like an annoying cousin) than anything else. Odd to say that, because I've seen some people say Kit/Nita would be like brother and sister. Due to the parts in the series in which he admits she is hot, and how they're still able to be out and do their own thing apart from one another (healthy independence), I disagree. I support the Kit/Nita pairing.

Of course, I never read.... forgive me, I never got to Wizard Abroad, although I'm ordering all of the books online to read and re-read them.
      ^(^.^)^

Comment

One thing about Ronan is that he comes off as irritatingly overconfident and rarely ever gets deflated (except once or twice in AWAb by Nita, which was satisfying and hilarious.) But I don't think that's a reason to hate him. He's a normal person with flaws (and the One's Champion for a short period of time ).

On a side note, Ronan also calls Americans 'Yanks'. Americans don't call Europeans 'Tories' now do we??

And I agree with FocusPunch - Nita seems pretty much over Ronan. After not having much contact with him for up to a year afterwards, it doesn't seem likely (at all) that they'll continue a relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by LifeSong View Post
          On a side note, Ronan also calls Americans 'Yanks'. Americans don't call Europeans 'Tories' now do we??
          Um. That...doesn't even make sense. What?
          Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

Originally posted by LifeSong View Post
            Nobody north of the Sahara or West of the Urals lumps people frome the whole of Europe under one label; there are a whole string of labels, some more offensive than others, for people from smaller geographic regions...

For example, Nita calls Ronan "Paddy". (Where's that stereotypical leprechaun & clover smiley when you need it?)
            -- Rick.

Comment

I have a huge soft spot for young romance and I was so for Nita and Kit (if she hand't gone to Ireland I feel it would have happened). When she and Ronan kissed I was screaming "NOOOOOOOOO!" out load in my living room.

Comment

LOL. I feel your pain.

Thought I'd check back now that I've read Abroad, with a newly shaped opinion of him. He was pretty fun before, but now the picture in my head of him is more clear. He was a fuzzy blob of Irish anger before xD.

... well I still like him. Funny how the "He's cool" response got the most votes so far, that sums up how I feel about him. He reminds me of when that teenage angst started to set in. He's teenage angst, wrapped up in punk-Irish dress.
                ^(^.^)^

Comment

Working...
                X