X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally sighed by alla:
    How can you hate someone with an Irish accent? *swoons*
    I couldn't agree with you more.

And Lilly, you make a good point too. He is real. (and I love it when authors characterize like that, it make their work so much more awesome than it was to begin with). I'm kinda anxious to find out what happens between them in the next book. I mean, who knows what might come out of nowhere? DD did quote one of her fave lines as the one one about being sweet on Ronan means being sweet on...now what was that again? ach, my computer needs a stern talking-to.

vv
    PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
    Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

I don't hate Ronan, but I'm not in love with him either. I liked him better by the end of the book. He's so moody, and that however, kind of bugged me at times.I do kind of like his edgy personality though. Yah, I am really confusing.
      sehlinger
      -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

I used to dislike him, but after the new book I've revised my opinion greatly.
        ---
        How cheerfully we consign ourselves to perdition...

Comment

I like him. If someone posted a line by Ronan, you would probobly know its him ( I luv that word probobly..it sounds so funny when you sound it out!). And I like Dairine too! (spoiler)<span class="ev_code_WHITE">We all know who she like in WAW....and it's not Ronan!!</span>

heh heh

Carmela/Ronan: I can see it a little. Not much, but it is VERY possible.

Dairine/Ronan: No was in a million years!

Nita/Ronan: No, he was just her first puppy love. Nothing more.

Nita/Kit: As you'll notice, kit gets more protective about Nita as the books progress, even a bit in WD. He's worred about her. I'm rubbing my hands waiting for the chance to pounce on WoM!!!
          just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

At the start of the book I didn't like him. I thought he was a it of a bully and full of himself. At the end of the book I liked him. He had let his defenses down and we could see the real him.

Comment

I also love Ronan. Partly it's because dark, broody guys=supreme hotness in my little world, but also because he's so cool! He's also one of the more realistic characters in the book. I mean, in the whole YW series, you have people putting their lives on the line to save others unquestioningly. But then Ronan comes along, and he's bi***ing to everybody and their mother while he puts his life on the line. I think that's a whole lot more realistic. It also reminds me of myself. Whenever there's something I have to do, I do it, and I do it well, but you're sure going to know /exactly/ how terribly hard it is for me.

I also like the way Ronan is all nasty in the beginning of AWA, and then you get to see what he's really like as Nita gets to know him. There are a lot of people like that. I'm a bit like that, only in reverse(I act like a ditz at school so people leave me alone... don't ask).

Oh, and one more thing: Ronan/Nita FOREVER!! They were made for each other!! They're just so perfect together! Ronan needs Nita to keep him in check, and Nita needs Ronan to make her feel valued, and stay just a little bit crazy (complete sanity isn't good for your mental health).

Comment

Originally posted by Tatiana:
                We hates him, precious.. God, he was just, grrr.. Im a kit/nita supporter, and he was a stupid fling.. Srry, I just really didn't like him.. Then he got all emotional, oh no, i've got one of the powers that be in me, pls.. Get over it. I'd think it would be semi-cool to have a god in me... But he had an attitude problem, and needed to wake up..

I havent read it in a while, so I might be a little rusty/wrong on my facts, but I remember a severe dislike of him.
                I honestly couldn't have put it better myself. Sorry to all the people who are obsessed with him. Its probably because I am an N/K supporter......

Comment

I guess Ronan just hit the wrong chord for me. Definite attitude problem. And I've never been a fan of the whole broody and sullen thing... more often than not, it's a warning signal of issues that need to be resolved and impending communication breakdowns. And he seemed pretty full of himself. But he's a decent kid. I'm not sure if I'd want Carmela to catch him--I'd want to see what kind of effect she had on him first--but it would sure be funny to watch her chase.
                  I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

This to me is an interesting topic.

Personally, I don't dislike Ronan as a character, or in terms of literature. I could handle knowing him in real life and I appreciate the flavor he brings in the books.

But if he steals Nita from Kit I will start burning effigies.

Sorry, but at my core I'm a all for Nita and Kit. They've simply been through too much together.

But that aside, I appreciate the effect that Ronan has on his surroundings - he questions and complains and makes for an easy character to form an opinion on.
                    Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
                    Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

<span class="ev_code_RED">I LOVE Ronan to death!!!</span>
                      How could anybody hate him?...I am a sucker for goths' so i guess some could hate him. But I love him because he is -urgh- hard to explain in English, But he has that "personality" to him. But if Ronan ever starts going for Carmela I will scream, I just think that it would be cute if N/R would be like "just realy close friends" and not go any further with that. But, Ronan my never come back in any more books so...I still LOVE him but the N/R wouldnt work and if Ronan does come back it will be like 2 or 3 more books later and by then -I beleive N/K would be together- . NitaFan what in the worlds did you mean when you said you were for N/LP where does that fit in....Well, maybe we have to see what happens in the 9th book.....
                      Okay, Dai All,
                      <span class="ev_code_PINK">Tori</span>
                      Love and be loved

Comment

Nita and a POWER!!! THAT POWER!!!! ARE ALL OF YOU CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

On a lighter note, I think R/C would be cute.
                        You know, happy-go-lucky and SERIOUS chip-on-shoulder, yin and yang, oil and water.(Well, maybe not that last one.)

BTW, jenn, what's wrong with Ronan? He's Irish

I heart Ronan!

~*~*~*~*~*~
                        Only as sane as I have to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin:
                          Wow, Gigo, just out of curiosity, why do you hate him so much?
                          <span class="ev_code_RED">Because he's a bloody git, and he can go and...never mind. The point is he'S EVIL. EVIL, DO YA HEAR ME? EVIL!</span>

It's also just an irrational hate. Okay?

Comment

I voted, "Well, the books would still be fine without him..." but I'm now realizing that it's not true. After all, he does have the One's Champion inside of him, and without him in the series, Balor wouldn't have been defeated, and neither would King Bug, at least not easily. *Sigh* But character-wise, I think that he's not a necessary element to the series. I don't hate him. I don't even not like him. He's likable enough once you get past his *giant* ego - luckily Nita deflates him a little bit. And the chip-on-shoulder issue could go either way, it could potentially be really annoying but also makes you feel oddly sorry for him, which is weird since he has/had the One's Champion in him.

Anyway... he's one of those characters that is okay, he contributes to the series, but he doesn't technically *need* to be there... This isn't going anywhere else, so... bye for now

Comment

I haven't been able to hate any of the characters in DD's books. However Ronan is the one that I dislike the most. I find myself annoyed whenever he's around. For some reason I just don't like the way he acts, it gets under my skin. It doesn't have anything to do with shipping or his relationship to the other characters. He just never really grew on me like the others.
                              It might be his attitude everyone else seems so happy-go-lucky or positive or focused but Ronan.....usually he comes off as cocky or attempting-to-be-witty-and-failing.

I don't think there's anyway he can be written to make me like him so it's not that.
                              He seems like the sort of person I would dislike in real life as well.

Comment

I like Ronan. Have right from the start, when I realised DD had put him in New Rocks. Which usually means that someone's at least a peripheral part of one of my favourite subcultures -- as other people in this thread have mentioned. *grin* I also enjoy people who don't warm up to the protagonists (or other protagonists) of a story right from the start - it makes them more real to me.
                                Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

Working...
                                X