Clear All

• Do you hate Ronan?

I heart Ronan! He rocks!
    15.79%
    Ronan's cool. yeah.
    57.89%
    Ronan? Huh?
    0.00%
    Well, the books would still be fine without him...
    15.79%
    We hates him, precious..... and Nita should stay far, far away.
    10.53%
    PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
    Follow the bouncing poot

I don't think Ronan is one of those characters you love instantly. He's too abrasive for that and he insults Nita to boot. The fiend! But the more you find out about him, the more you warm to him. I certainly don't "hate" him.

Actually, if there was a character I liked the least, it would probably be Darine. *dons asbestos gear*
    Some days it's just not worth gnawing through the straps

Comment

I just started reading this book again and I don't "hate" Ronan at all. I feel that jsut because he's not the nicest person in the beginning doesn't make him bad per se, but I think we all have to realize that not everyone in the books has to be nice to Nita and Kit all the time and that they will come up against people that aren't the nicest.

Comment

I don't hate Ronan, but at the same time, I don't think it should be Nita/Ronan. Although, Ronan/Carmela has interesting possibilities, especially given how Carmela has a "slavering horde" of boyfriends. *grins*

Ronan reminds me a little of Darine, and a little of a friend of mine who needs to stop running and face what life has dealt him directly. (If I say any more than that, I'll be getting into my personal life, which is not my intention here.)

C.

Comment

i think that ronan is cool and i never hated him and i think that him and nita should get together and make kit jealous and so nita and kit end up together---hopeless romantic sorry---

Comment

Comment

Good heavens, no! I like Ronan. He's a cool character. *nods* Me likes him lots. *cough*

I agree though... Nita/Ronan just doesn't seem quite right to me.

I like Dairine as well. I like the whole "know-it-all" personality. I don't know how to put this... I guess it kinda brings color to her. *shrug*
              <3
              the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

I have to say that when we first meet him in WA I could not stand him!
                (Spoiler for later books)<span class="ev_code_WHITE">But reading some other stuff, including the preview of the next book I think people are warming up to Ronan! I dont find him as distasteful now as I use to. Be nice to see what he gets up to next in WW.</span>
                Fox

As this is the Wizard Abroad topic, it shouldn't contain references to later books, except with spoiler protection.
                God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

We hates him, preciousss.....yesssss....we hates Ronan.......

XD

Ronan's okay, but Nita should stay far far away from him! XD

So...Ronan: okay

Ronan/Nita: VERY bad

Dairine/Ronan: I dunno. XD

Carmela/Ronan: I don't think so.

Why do I have a feeling that everybody at my school would call Ronan a goth? XD

Edit: Oh. My. God. Kaiba! Did you just....did you just say that....Neets and the Lone One should be together? *drops dead from shock*

Comment

I dont think a goth but for me and those that live in the UK I think he sounds like a smarter, better looking Cain Dingle of Emmedale (Sorry I might have spelt that wrong You see I dont watch it so I dont know how to spell it ).
                    Fox
                    God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

To us in the US, Ronan does seem like a goth. I'm not sure how fashions are in Europe, but from his (spoiler, PM said we should do this I think) short description in W@W and the long one in AWA it sounded like he was one. *Shrug,* I don't have anything against goths, so whatever.

Hey the results changed since I last looked here. The group for hating Ronan has grown, but it still doesn't compare with the "ok" column. What's wierd, is that the "Ronan? Huh?" column actually TIES with "I love Ronan!" Just as many people don't know who he is as people who love him....

Gigo-ish
                      Oh. My. God. Kaiba! Did you just....did you just say that....Neets and the Lone One should be together? *drops dead from shock*
                      *Smirks.* Yep, I do support that shipping. The reason is...uh....just BECAUSE it's cool. And since there are like NO shippings beside like two, in all of YW, and I only like creative shippings that require imagination, I support Lone Power/Nita!! Come on, if given the right circumstances and situation, it could work out! It really might...

Comment

HEY ME THINK SO TO! Not that I like what teh Lone One has done or anyhting but if you 'member in Wizards Holiday, It was tellin Nita that they could do well together! OOHH i never even thought of that.

Hmm, Dari/Ronan sounds goodz!

Kit/Nita NO! There best friends, their relationship is tataly diffrent than them two bein together.

How about we just not have any of the characters get together! That would make things simple.

But we no likes things simple do we precious?

Okay, thats all I have to say for now. Btw, this is a good topic!
                        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                        **Neets**
                        CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Tell Ronan to... no, that's a little inappropriate, isn't it? Then again, I'm the founder of the I Hate Ronan Club. He is evil. The Lone One should kill him (when he is NOT getting together with Nita). That way, he's a martyr, and he's dead. Gone. Out of Nita's life.
                          And on Ronan/Dairine: What did she ever do to you? Would you want someone to wish evil people upon you? Because Dairine is awesome! She's my favorite character! She's annoying, bratty, intelligent, a know-it-all- what's not to like? Cliche: She reminds me of me. (I'd say "when I was younger," but that wouldn't be true...) Geniuses...our intelligence is not our fault...
                          No evil-wishing. Ronan must DIE!!! (Or lose his wizardry, mysteriously vanish, side with the Lone Power, turn into a cockatoo, or be eaten by the Translucent Pig. Whatever. I don't really care.)
                          Don't die. It's bad for your health.

Comment

Why do you hate Ronan?

And since I don't want this to be the world's shortest post, I'll try to ramble for a bit. I don't hate Ronan. He's certainly not my favorite character is the series, but I found him amusing enough, and pretty sympathetic, too. I mean, it's not entirely his fault that he's angry all the time, unlike a lot of people.

Comment

Hmm...I think that Ronan is more of a personification of an emotional stage in life than anything else.
                              He's the typical "teenage angst" character. He doesn't deal particularly well with challanges (much like Nita in TWD), and is the complete opposite of the more mature, controlled Nita of Holiday.
                              Nita had to fall for him in AWA because she was a teenager and romance is just something that you have to go through. He wasn't really right for her, but he recognized her inner beauty, made her feel special, and prepared her for more adult relationships in the future. He kind of reminds me of my first boyfriend: a bit of an idiot at heart, but very sweet and good for my self esteem. Ronan's also a reminder of how special Nita seems from an "outsider's perspective." (I.E.: If Kit wasn't arround Nita all the time, he'd see her as potential girlfriend material).
                              As for Ronan with any other characters...
                              Ronan/Dari is just weird. Imagine dating your sisters ex boyfriend!
                              Ronan/Carmella wouldn't work either. Ronan mentions somewhere that all of the other girls he's dated (girls that he's probably used rather than developped emotional attatchments to) are a bit like Carmella--shallow, attractive, party girls, etc. If there was a romance there, it would be mostly a "Mella thinks that Ronan's hot" type of affair.
                              A physics geek
                              And proud of it...

Loyal reader and Young Wizards books, great lover of Moon Cakes, and engineering feminista...

Comment

Working...
                              X