No announcement yet.

Do you hate Ronan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I don't hate him. In fact I sort of like his character. The book could have gone on just fine with out him but that can be said about several characters in just about any book.

Comment

wow you guys, this is really cool.

Personally, I think he's pretty cool. Then again, it's the same Power that was in Peach. and Peach is my fave YW character, so that may be why I like him.

Wow, Gigo, just out of curiosity, why do you hate him so much?

vv
      PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
      Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

I'm actually neutral about the topic. I don't hate Ronan (the guy I like is a lot like him.) But he's not my favorite character. That spot's reserved for Ponch! Don't ask.

I can't really hate Ronan. He's got a Power in him, so, well, I just can't hate a Power. Does that make sense?!? NO!
        -seabiscuit

Comment

How can you hate someone with an Irish accent? *swoons*

Ronan isn't too bad. At least he's not as annoying as Dair was at the beginning of HW ... or I found her annoying anyway...

Alla

Comment

We hates him, precious.. God, he was just, grrr.. Im a kit/nita supporter, and he was a stupid fling.. Srry, I just really didn't like him.. Then he got all emotional, oh no, i've got one of the powers that be in me, pls.. Get over it. I'd think it would be semi-cool to have a god in me... But he had an attitude problem, and needed to wake up..

I havent read it in a while, so I might be a little rusty/wrong on my facts, but I remember a severe dislike of him.

Comment

I don't hate Ronan, probably because there's nothing for me to hate him for. I do hate Roshaun, though, because he was mean to Dairine. Or used to be. Now, I don't know.

And the Lone Power is too complicated to hate in a straightforward kind of way.
              -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

You know, the first time I read AWA I really did not like Ronan. And I didn't really know why, I just had a bad feeling about him. But then when I read it for the second time (1-2 years later.) I started to like the character a lot more. Maybe it was because I am getting older and I liked how Nita had more friends in the series. But it doesn't matter, I think he's a really cool character now!
                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

There's a funny thing about Ronan...when I first read AWA, I hadn't read any of the other books. I, of course, didn't understand the whole thing about Peach and anything that had been mentioned in the other books. When I found the other books in the series a few years later, it made loads more sense. I guess your interpretation of Ronan might depend on how you felt when you read the book.

Off topic, but I hope Ronan comes back in later books. Isn't he mentioned in WAW? I think I heard that somewhere...but maybe I'm confused as usual.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

I was going to vote "Well, the books would still be the same without him...", but they wouldn't. I haven't read Abroad in a while, so I have no idea whether I liked him or not. I kinda remember hating him, but without remembering anything else, I think I like him, for some reason. So I voted "Ronan's cool. yeah.", but I... I dunno. I have a messed up opinion.

And <span class="ev_code_white">yeah, he's in WaW a bit... I think they took down the excerpt that has him in it, but if you search through the archives of DD's blog, there's a small excerpt of Ronan and Carmela somewhere. Oh, and there's a line in DD's ten favorite lines about him too, I think.</span>
                    (I don't know if Ronan being in/not being in WaW counts as a spoiler or not.)

Comment

Ronan is overly controlling. He's all like, This is my opinion, so this is your opinion. He is also a coward. So you have a Power in you. Don't run and hide. When you took the Oath, you knew you might die in service. Anything that preserved life. It's like he has no conscience. It's kind of scary. Ronan should die in the most painful way possible.
                      And I'm a Nita/Kit fan.
                      Oh, and on the Lone Power: I hate the dude. I mean, the whole evil thing, that's cool, but the whole changing back so isn't. He probably lost every debate he was in.
                      And I kind of like Roshaun because he wasn't a coward and risked his life to save a few billion people to whom he had a very weak connection.
                      Don't die. It's bad for your health.

Comment

I heart Ronan, but then, I also heart Shane MacGowan. For some reason, troubled, angsty, hardly-at-all-nice Irish boys really work for me.

Yes, I know that says really bad things about my psyche.
                        And as I sit and talk to you, I see your face go white
                        This shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light
                        This spectre on my back shall soon be free
                        The dead have come to claim a debt from thee
                        --The Pogues--

Comment

I absolutely adore Ronan. I'm not sure why...maybe because he's assertive, dark, and cynical? No, just dark and cynical. I love dark and cynical. Just ask Angel.

I'm not sure whether I'm a Nita/Ronan shipper or not. I don't know....I'd hate to kill the Nita/Kit thing...I dunno, it's just that if I were in Nita's position, I would totally go for Ronan. Kit would be too...nice for me. Just saying...how come we don't have any Ronans at my school? *weeps bitterly*

Comment

It seems like the biggest problem people have with Ronan is that he kissed Nita. I think that's perfectly fine. I hated Ronan in the beginning of AWAb but then again I also hated Ed in the beggining of DW. Perosnally, I am rather fond of Ronan and his silly teenage chip on his shoulder.
                            -----------------
                            I wrestled the angels for more than a name.
                            Loyal page to Squire Garth.
                            My fantasy RP

Comment

Ronan?

I adore the boy. Seriously.

I like Ronan because of the realism of his character. Someone in the thread above said they don't like him because he complains of/is afraid of his destiny. To me, that's very human. He's what, seventeen? And he has this huge burden of responsibility placed directly on his shoulders. The average teen would complain about this- believe me. Yet even as he complains, he goes through with it. He knows his duty, and that's something to admire.

I like Ronan because of his attitude. I always go go for the brooding and sarcastic ones, I guess. Yes, he's a little much for some people in AWA. But again- he's a teenage boy. They're obnoxious by default.

I also admit to liking Ronan because he.is.fine. If I were a teenage girl in that 'verse...

I am a Ronan/Nita 'shipper, to an extent. They were cute, really cute, in AWA. I look forward to their future interaction, just to see where DD takes it.

Finally, I think to dislike Ronan simply because you 'ship Kit/Nita is unfair. He didn't "steal" Nita; there was no one to steal her from at that point. Hate him because he's arrogant; hate him because he complains. Don't hate him just because he got to make the moves on Nita.

Thanks for listening to me vent.

Comment

Hiya all!

Well I can see where yall are coming from about the whole being a teen thing. I'm sorry but even teenagers who act like that **** everyone off.

As for people being mad about Nita kissing Ronan instead of Kit, well Kit didnt make a move!

BTW, I am so Nita/LP!
                                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                                **Neets**
                                CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Working...
                                X