No announcement yet.

Ronan or Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I HATE RONAN!!!!!!!! I have no idea why, I just do.

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

I know, he seems to be very good at engendering mass feelings of adoration (adulation possibly) and loathing. It's funny. There doesn't seem to be anybody who can take him or leave him.
      T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
      Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
      Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
      Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
      My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
      Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Originally posted by Birdhead:
        I know, he seems to be very good at engendering mass feelings of adoration (adulation possibly) and loathing. It's funny. There doesn't seem to be anybody who can take him or leave him.
        Me! Me! I don't think he's the ideal boyfriend for Nita, but I don't mind him.

-- Dex Lives No, I'm not the author. I just think you should read it.--

Comment

BLECH BLECH BLECH. I do not like Ronan at all!!!!!!!!!

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
          *Agent~M*
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "I could live

Comment

There is an exception to every rule. Quill is this one.
            As to agent M: See? More proof!
            T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

I think Kit is awesome... but it doesn't really matter to me if there is any Nita/Kit or Nita/Ronan parts in the books.
              I thought Ronan as a side character was cool though.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~
              PART OF THE PROBLEM, Nita thought as she tore desperately down Rose Avenue, is that I can't keep my mouth shut.
              -Diane Duane, So You Want To Be A Wizard
              ---
              Interesting (adj.) - Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?

Comment

ronan is ok i dont like him for nita tho. but i really dont him. right..........

You're only young once but you can stay immature indefintly.

My givin name (from friends) is Psychotic Susan Hardhead. Psycho Susie for short

Comment

I don't think either would be good for nita, Kit seems more like the "bestfiend" type, obviously since he is the best friend, and ronan still has his issues to work out. Now if Ronan figures out his issues, I think he would be good for Nita.

none
                  Have you ever wondered whats out there? have you ever looked? Will you ever imagine what actually is? Who knows if you do you might be the first to realize what actually is out there.

Comment

Hello hello! this being my first posting on this forum, I must announce myself grandly (trumpet fanfare, etc., etc. )

Okay, that done, here's my take on this.
                    I, too, don't really care either way for Ronan as a character... although I agree that in person he would be a "love him or hate him" kind of guy.

I think Nita is more likely to date Ronan (if he ever reappears in the books) than Kit - because there's less risk involved! She doesn't care if she screws up and never speaks to Ronan again... whereas with Kit, that's an impossibility. And could be very awkward, were they ever to become involved.

I still say Kit all the way!

~Little Dragonne

Comment

*waves* Hi!
                      And yeah, good point.
                      T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

Welcome and Dai Stiho!!! Birdhead? Are you still doing newbie packs?
                        Blech Ronan.

*Agent~M*

EVERYONE MUST READ CITY OF THE BEASTS!!!!! (I sound crazy but I don't care)
                        "Thank you Jack" "Your welcome" "No not you, we named the monkey Jack" -Pirates of the Caribbean
                        Look closely at your next subway token. And speak to strangers.- SYWTBAW 20th Ed.
                        "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!"- DW, Picchu
                        I lost my marbles, PLEASE HELP ME FIND THEM!!!!!!!
                        *Agent~M*
                        "I could live

Comment

Not in the on-topic forums, but Little Dragonne, if you ever do anything in Chatter I'll see you there...
                          T

Tuibird in Aotearoa

Comment

A succesful "romance" needs more than just that. More than just romantic feelings for each other. The two people also have to be able to be friends to each other, especially if when they were with each other they were/are always on their "best behavior" like they would be on a date.

Kit, of course, has known Nite for quite some time and through some truely life-altering experiences. DD gives us limited insight into the overall feelings Kit and Nita have for each other. For the most part, however, it seems that they are and will remain very close friends (they certainly argue enough to make it valid ). Nita read or thought something about taking their relationship a step further in High WizardryThe Wizard's Dilemma and A Wizard Alone seem to suggest, to me, that they now regard each other almost as a combination of friend, partner and sibling.

As for Ronan, I'm very suprised that he hasn't come up somehow since Abroad, as anything from collegue to boyfriend (the short mention in Dilemma was rather uninformative). It certainly didn't take long for him and Nita to become very close to each other, but than there are the issues of the Champion and where he lives and everything. They really hardly know each other, which is a recipe for disaster. Also, I really don't understand the meaning of the thing he said to Nita at the end of the book "not so that anyone else could hear" really has me confused, but than again, how should I know?

I suppose all in all I think that neither boy should end up in a serious relationship with her, it would hinder the story and anyway, they're very young. However, I really think Nita should clear things up with Ronan. Definitely take him to the moon some time, IMO.

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh. I have been called a hundred names and will be called a
                            thousand more before the world goes dim and cold. I am hero.

Comment

I don't know she likes Ronan(I don't I think he is I don't know but I just don't like him)Kit is nice and everyone thinks they are together and can't understand them but Kit has been there for her all the time in freindship I don't know if Nita would want to change that.I just don't know I have thought about this before though I am confused
                              I have difficulties with Gravity.

Comment

I'm sorry everybody, this has absolutely nothing to do with what is being discussed, but I just noticed something.

white tiger: Your bio thingy says you're from Milwaukee. I live about 20 minutes south of you. Wierd, no?

Okay, okay, I'll say something on the lines of the "Ronan or Kit?" topic. I think the thing with Ronan in AWA was a cool change of pace, but if it became a main focus in later books, it would detract from the action/adventure/sci-fi aspect that attracted fans in the first place. I'm a hopeless romantic and I don't mind reading a good teen romance once in a while, but I don't think it fits in this series.

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit.

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
                                I will rejoice in the moonlight;
                                I will dance in the rivers of my tears;
                                For I am joyously, wonderfully alive!

Make your own laws or be a slave to another man's. -William Blake

School is hell with flourescent lighting.

Comment

Working...
                                X