PMs and signatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kathy Li View Post
    You'll note those other boards are also plastered with ads, which probably help to pay for the extra bandwidth usage. You sure you wanna continue to lobby to spend more of DD's money and increase the clutter on the board?
    It was called a suggestion. No need to get snappy. =(
    Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
    Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

Well, the image sigs are kind of an issue at the moment. Until we've assessed how the new vBulletin board works with the hosting provider's pricing plan in terms of bandwidth and disk usage, we don't want to push things too far. And bearing in mind that we got an disk storage warning while we were still in the install stages, we're going to be treading lightly for a while.

So it'll be at least a couple of months before we allow sig images, if we decide to do so at all.
      Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Is there any way to get animated avatars to work, or not? I tried uploading my icon that I had used on the old YW forums, but it said "Animated Images Not Accepted," or something like that.

Is this going off topic? I wonder...
        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

That was my call

A good number of my LJ userpics are animated, but I disabled that functionality here, and Lee didn't overrule me. Animated avatars are far too distracting: threads can get derailed into discussing the icon, rather than the subject at hand.

If you can make a really good case for turning them back on, feel free. You might be able to convince me or one of the other admins to flip the setting. :-)
          Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; December 7, 2008, 02:30:03 AM. Reason: added link to my userpics
          "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

I'll miss my old animated avatar http://www.geocities.com/jamiekg/maramorf.gif But I understand how they can be a problem if people make bad choices.
            Frog blast the vent core!

Comment

Ok so i'm kinda new and i just wanted to know... How do I create a signature in the first place???
              It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
              That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

Make sure you're logged in and go here to edit your signature.
                "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

Working...
                X