This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, I'm new!

Just wanted to introduce myself, since I'm new.

I started reading the YW books a few months ago after my friend got me the first one for my birthday. I got the rest from the library, and am now keeping them as long as I can without paying a fine (9 weeks, if you include the two allowed renewals). Anyway, I finished WAW during Christmas break. The series became one of my favorites, so I looked it up on the internet and found this board.

Unfortunately, I don't know how much I can post here once I have to return the books, since I won't have them to refer to. I want to buy them all, but I'm kind of broke...

Anyway, if you haven't noticed already, I tend to ramble. But I hope to have some good discussion here.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

Welcome to YW.Ther are more than YW topics.Other books have topics too like HP. Ramble on.Im random.If you live in a city or near one that has used book stores you might be able to find them ther.
    The Answer to life the universe and everything: CREW 42!!!!!!!!
    DON'T PANIC!!!!! *two seconds later once the plan does not work* OK PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have a spelling problem. SYWTBAW

Comment

Heyyy Jennifu, don't worry about it. XD If you take a peek around, most of the topics aren't even young wizards books related. We're only human, and we can't always stay on topic (and this is why the Togr or Topic of Great Randomness exists). And yeah, you have to admit that there's only so much you can say about the books.

So... ummmm... I'm Gryph, welcome, and *huggles!* To get to know some of the members, visit the Togr and post in it and maybe check out the chat -- about once a month, DD'll chat with the members, too. As for the Togr, we really don't expect you to read all of it; it's a monster.

Nnn... other people, please fill in for me. I'm missing a lot, and I'm too tired to tell if I'm coherent or not. Ugh.
      Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

Dai stihó, Jennifu! *offers cookies, since she has exhausted her supply of virtual brownies*
        Welcome to the Young Wizards Discusion Forums (and chat!!), home of cybermagic, insanity, and evil temperamental chat software/criminal mastermind.

Don't worry, I have to borrow my books from the library too (other than my battered copy of SYWTBAW), so you're not alone. But once you've reread the series as many times as us, you'll find you won't need the books too much

I guess the first thing you should do is read over the FAQ (in the Newbie board); it'll save you a few questions. Poke around a bit- and don't forget to drop by chat . And ummmm...join VGDawn? (Gryph should be saying this, not me )

Anyways, make yourself at home!
        -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

*shiver, shiver* D-dai, J-jennifu! *huggles Jennifu* Welcome aboard the YW loony bin! I call it 'loony', because we are all really random, and we do things that newbies like you would call insane! No, really. Come to Chat today (not the one that says 'January DD chat', or the one that says 'W@W spoiler room', but the one that says 'Main YW Chat') and I`ll prove it. Hey, I`m not even used to the insanity yet! Oh, and join the Playroom! (Caitlin should be saying this, but, since I got here first, I`m saying it! You`ll find a link to the Playroom in Caitlin`s sig, or in the first post in the Playroom topic. I think it`s in Chatter 2...) *gives Jennifu a brownie* As you can see, I ramble too.

Now have fun, and don`t let Poot get you!
          "Accomplishing the impossible means only the boss will add it to your regular duties." - Anonymous
          Nita, Kit, pay attention to that one!

Comment

Just a posting to let everybody know you're not seeing things--I moved this from Chatter II to the Newbie Zone, where most of the intro threads reside.

[waves] Hi, Jennifu! Welcome to the craziness that is the YW forums!
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by kli6:
              Just a posting to let everybody know you're not seeing things--I moved this from Chatter II to the Newbie Zone, where most of the intro threads reside.

[waves] Hi, Jennifu! Welcome to the craziness that is the YW forums!
              Thanks! I wasn't quite sure where to put this.

And thanks for the welcome everyone!
              "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

Comment

Welcome!! I'm Kitty! You wil so totally love it here!! I warn you though it is highly adictive! Once you start posting and going into chats you will not be able to stop! l.o.l. For real, this place is like a magnet or something that pulls you twards it constantly. But YW.net is so great, that you wont mind a bit! Well anyway, it was a pleasure meeting you.
                Don't take life so seriously- you wont get out alive anyway.
                I just got lost in thought…it was unfamiliar territory.
                If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

Comment

If you are new well do you need help with your avitare?

Comment

Hi! Welcome to you, Jennifu. Welcome to our community! I hope you have a great time on here.Yes, we all tend to be a little random, but we're harmless. Mostly harmless, that is. Like our planet. Alright, so we tend to be a lot random. Just remember to have fun! ^_^
                    "People...stop being mean to each other. Especially for the sake of laughs. IT SPEEDS UP ENTROPY." -Diane Duane

Comment

Welcome to YW site. I am snow ear! I am new as well...however, I started in february. If u want to chat u'll find that I might tend to ramble... well I look forwards to knowing u!
                      my heart in in my hands...yuck!

Comment

Nice to meet you Snow Ear. true, i've already met you, but hey, the basic sentiment remains. Why don't i ever see you in chat?
                        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Working...
                        X