X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our new website!

Friends,

We're rolling out a new website this weekend. YoungWizards.com is going to be the online bookstore and "shop window" for DD's books. Much other information will turn up there, including the very beginnings of The Errantry Concordance, DD's annotations on the "Young Wizards" series.

The new website will have a link to the forums, so we're likely to start seeing a lot of new members. Please welcome them! -- but feel free to keep them in line. Y'all were here first.

Please wander over to http://www.youngwizards.com, if you have a moment, and take a look around. Right now there's only the one page, but DD and I welcome your thoughts on what you'd like to see there.

Lee / Forum Administrator

Ahh... so that's the weird 'front page' I encountered yesterday (see my other post.)

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
    "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
    "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
    "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

That is SO VERY COOL. It's gorgeous! *very pleased* I'm going to poke around right now... Looks SO good. Looking forward to The Errantry Concordance muchly.

*comes back* This is great:
      "Peach(Tom and Carl's macaw)*
      Spot (laptop)*

*Seemingly
      Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!

[This message was edited by Birdhead on 22 November 2003 at 13:58.]
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

This is going to be very interesting.

An online store! Now Tui won't have to wait for one of us to mail a book to her!

And just what will this Errantry Concordance

Comment

COOL!!!! This is SOOOOOOO Awesome!!! I've never been able to find much info about up coming books until like, three months before the book comes out (which is also normally when the excerpts come out) So this is a HUGE improvment and it's GREAT!!!! YIPPEE!!!

*Agent~M*
          "Those who refuse the Powers, become the tools of the Powers, Those who agree to help the powers, Themselves become the Powers. Beware the Choice! Beware refusing it!"-Young Wizards books.
          "Do what the night tells you, and read the fine print before you sign!" -Peach.
          "In the Cookies of life, your friends are the chocolate chips" -Sam
          *Agent~M*
          "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
          "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
          "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
          "I could live

Comment

Too cool! I can't wait for The Errantry Concordance...the website's awesome!! And we are always ready to welcome new members, of course!

*Ella*

"'Do we start kicking now?'
            'No, Spongebob, that's a chorus line.'"
            -Spongebob Squarepants
            *Ella*
            "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
            There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
            And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
            What could mean more than this?"
            --Bright Eyes

Comment

*makes face* If only. Actually, all online ordering tends to be through credit cards- and I can't get one of them until I turn 18. So, unfortunately, the waiting goes on... (only one year and six months till Amazon is open to me though...)

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
              --Agent M

Comment

Tui -- bank debit card? Or do you have to be 18 for that too, or too high a fee?

Er, anyway.

The page really does look lovely. And I notice the Transcendent Pig also gets the "Seemingly" footnote. Spot keeps interesting company.

...I'm really curious about those features. *blush*

ETA: And Gigo's an Advisory-plus! I love it.

[This message was edited by PK on 22 November 2003 at 23:44.]

Comment

Heh, not as curious as me... what I'm really interested in, though, is the Errantry Concordance. If it's anything like what I think it will be (and, you know, probably even if it's not...) it's going to be great! (Excited about name, too. V cool.)

Bank debit card? Say what?

--Agent M

Comment

It's beautiful... curious though how the Book of Night with Moon and To Visit The Queen don't seem to be featured yet *grumble* everything else looks staggeringly fab. Wonder what the D thinks of all this? *runs off to look at her blog*

May the Powers guide your footsteps,
                    Rrraua

Iin Life's name, and for Life's sake, I assert that I will employ my Art, looking always to the heart of Time, where all our myriad worlds lie whole...
                    Iin Life's name, and for Life's sake, I assert that I will employ my Art, looking always to the heart of Time, where all our myriad worlds lie whole...

Comment

It's possible that the feline-wizards novels might not be featured here, as they aren't technically part of the series and were aimed at a different market; alternatively, as you say, they might just not be there yet.

Tui: Um. Essentially, a card that you can get with some checking accounts that can be used essentially like a credit card, except that it immediately debits your account as if it were a check the receiver went ahead and cashed. I don't know whether that's available to you at this point, though, and some banks do charge an extra fee for it -- or at least they used to; it might be taken more for granted now. I miss these things sometimes.

Comment

Oh, yeah, we call them cash cards or EFTPOS cards, I think, but you can't use them over the net. I think. Ooh. maybe you can. That would be good, because I have one. Hmm.

--Agent M

Comment

Great looking page, but if I could make a content suggestion: Since readers will often see this page before having read the books, maybe a few names should be removed from the wizard roster in the right column; Dairine, Aunt Annie, and Ronan are characters before they're known to be wizards, and it might be better not to reveal this off the bat.

Ardub
                          r:w)
                          Ardub
                          r:w)

Comment

DD agrees with you -- I've made the change.

Comment

Tui: Well, I'm not absolutely sure, but I seem to recall being told that you can use a cash card (EFTPOS? Electronic fund transfer...something?) for any purpose you could use a credit card for. You could look, I guess.

Lee: Perhaps it's my browser, but the new page now looks to me as if the lighter blue color stops a few inches down for no readily apparent reason. The text is still legible against the darker blue, but it takes a moment to adjust.

Comment

Working...
                              X